ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finally had some time to install the Warn locking hubs, the install was super simple and took 30 minutes start to finish. Both of mine were difficult to put in four wheel drive much less trying to get them in 4 low, I thought maybe things were just tight from being new. After the hubs the transfer case moves easily in any selection. I wanted to be able to drive in 4 low with the front end unlocked in the pasture when it was dry because of the difficulty turning with front end in a bind, the ease in shifting the transfer case was just a major bonus!

View attachment 684
Thanks for the info. I just ordered hubs.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just ordered a top, windshield and wiper kit from fortress products because I am unhappy with my current set up but they are about 4 weeks out on delivery. It’s a glass windshield that tips out at the bottom for air flow and a full metal roof. The wiper is a single unit that mounts at the top of the windshield and is power. The quality of their other products I have seen are top notch but they are pricey. I also will have my ECU’s back tomorrow from vivid racing and will let y’all how that turns out.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Info on the roof? Link?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also for anyone looking for flares, this kit from crown automotive part # J8997109 is an oe style flare for 55-86 Jeep cj fits great. Only big downside is you have drill holes.

6D5623E4-800C-4F9D-9060-5BE466759316.jpeg C98C6A29-5242-46CA-BDCA-4C533EA155D3.jpeg

Reactions: Tim

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t remember the exact breakdown but it was $1850 for the top, windshield and wiper kit. I’ll look at my invoice for a breakdown.

rhyan

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Jimmyb - what is your current setup that you’re unhappy with?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The good old Texas heat has me constantly trying to tighten the soft top because it has stretched and holds water bad when it rains. The Mahindra windshield bows at speed or with a good wind gust and has a high pitch whistle that I haven’t been able to make go away. All in all, I was happy to have a windshield period but feel like there are better options now.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
An aftermarket TJ bumper will fit but only came with some u bolt mounts to secure it. It’s a winch mount bumper but I wouldn’t feel comfortable mounting one to it and using it. There are a lot of TJ options that aren’t a winch mount that would probably be fine. I’ll update tomorrow on the vivid racing tune I received today but first thoughts are a night and day difference.

0CEAC61A-A08A-41B2-A6F5-3F9FB21F2A18.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The good old Texas heat has me constantly trying to tighten the soft top because it has stretched and holds water bad when it rains. The Mahindra windshield bows at speed or with a good wind gust and has a high pitch whistle that I haven’t been able to make go away. All in all, I was happy to have a windshield period but feel like there are better options now.

Your soft top experence is shared by others in other places , not just Texas. Seems the poor fit of the factory soft top comes to Michigan as well ! No question we all need the metal top........but at that price ?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know it is expensive but I feel the quality of the product will last way longer than the current set up without the issues I have the way it is now. It sucks to spend the extra money to replace parts that are supposed to do the same job and are new but the way I see it I’m going to have to do it at some point. I might as well just get it over with and be happy, or that’s what I keep telling myself!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a quick review of the Vivid Racing tune because I have been busy at work and haven’t had a lot of seat time. It’s fantastic! They should have been this way from the start. I overnighted 3 of them on Monday and had them back by Wednesday, 2 of them were flawless, one had a no start issue but after a few phone calls back and forth I sent it back to them to fix the issue. Customer service was great ( which is rare now) and Ryan was great at answering the questions I had. I would definitely recommend them. As for the tuning, it’s a major improvement from something in my opinion felt a little choked down. It feels a lot stronger without the feeling of oh sh** I’m going to break something. I am looking forward to stage 2 and 3 because why not! I think 150hp and 300ft lbs would be just the right amount of excess!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a quick review of the Vivid Racing tune because I have been busy at work and haven’t had a lot of seat time. It’s fantastic! They should have been this way from the start. I overnighted 3 of them on Monday and had them back by Wednesday, 2 of them were flawless, one had a no start issue but after a few phone calls back and forth I sent it back to them to fix the issue. Customer service was great ( which is rare now) and Ryan was great at answering the questions I had. I would definitely recommend them. As for the tuning, it’s a major improvement from something in my opinion felt a little choked down. It feels a lot stronger without the feeling of oh sh** I’m going to break something. I am looking forward to stage 2 and 3 because why not! I think 150hp and 300ft lbs would be just the right amount of excess!

I do not know who tuned mine as dealer delivered that way, but , why would we need 150 hp/ 300 ft. ..? I run around in third gear up hill and down and that’s at very little throttle,sometimes non at all if I am not in a hurry. Seems at any speed if I stomp on it the dam thing wants to fishtail on my gravel driveway !

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I also forgot to post the seatbelts I used for the rear seat so here they are.

EB22657B-D6A9-4316-B599-CCD807DB7D21.jpeg 07032BF1-CE16-4986-AFBB-FA82A5DA66D2.jpeg

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finally had some time to install the Warn locking hubs, the install was super simple and took 30 minutes start to finish. Both of mine were difficult to put in four wheel drive much less trying to get them in 4 low, I thought maybe things were just tight from being new. After the hubs the transfer case moves easily in any selection. I wanted to be able to drive in 4 low with the front end unlocked in the pasture when it was dry because of the difficulty turning with front end in a bind, the ease in shifting the transfer case was just a major bonus!

View attachment 684
My Roxor sourced Warn hubs just came in with the install and general operating instructions with them. Under operating instructions: " Do not drive with the hubs in FREE and the transfer case in 4 low. This will place excessive strain on the rear drive train." I am not sure what "excessive strain" is and how driving in this fashion can cause this. However, I plan on testing this and also plan on more excessive strain when I get a stage 1 tune.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor sourced Warn hubs just came in with the install and general operating instructions with them. Under operating instructions: " Do not drive with the hubs in FREE and the transfer case in 4 low. This will place excessive strain on the rear drive train." I am not sure what "excessive strain" is and how driving in this fashion can cause this. However, I plan on testing this and also plan on more excessive strain when I get a stage 1 tune.

Many of us just leave the transfer case in 4 low all the time ( except on open highway travel ) . With the tune it’s even more needed.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

That is translated into: don't be an idiot with 2LO. 2LO is used for all sorts of stuff in the 4WD world. Just remember to be VERY light on the skinny pedal.