ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is translated into: don't be an idiot with 2LO. 2LO is used for all sorts of stuff in the 4WD world. Just remember to be VERY light on the skinny pedal.
I agree with that. In my case, I am hauling stone and dirt in a 5x8 dump trailer and it works perfect, especially with the front hubs free, no binding. This thing was made to tow with ease.

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. I just ordered hubs.
OK I put the hubs on this morning with the following: it took me 30 min to jack up the Roxor and pull the dust covers off (PITA) Conclusion: if I were a flat rate mechanic, I would starve. But, the hubs were well worth the money and effort. I had no problems at all running 4 lo with hubs unlocked. My take away; pull the wheels, remove the hub bolts, and use a sturdy flat bar to access the flange, use whatever combination of bad words that seems appropriate, and the second hub is easier than the first.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK I put the hubs on this morning with the following: it took me 30 min to jack up the Roxor and pull the dust covers off (PITA) Conclusion: if I were a flat rate mechanic, I would starve. But, the hubs were well worth the money and effort. I had no problems at all running 4 lo with hubs unlocked. My take away; pull the wheels, remove the hub bolts, and use a sturdy flat bar to access the flange, use whatever combination of bad words that seems appropriate, and the second hub is easier than the first.

You don't have to jack it up or pull the wheels to do Warns (note: I've done these twice before on Willys, so I had XP going in). The dust cover pries off. Just gently work your way around it with a pry bar. After the flange is off and the new hub is on, but coverless and not clipped in, reach around and take all the 'play' out of the axle shaft. This will expose enough to get the clip in. Clip it, toss the cover on, and bolt 'er down.

Last edited:

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was going over everything from my egr delete today making sure I didn’t have any leaks or issues and got to thinking that after my vivid tune there was still a few horsepower hiding there. It seemed after about 1500 rpm’s the motor kind of leveled off and should have been still pulling stronger and gaining boost. Well after a little research I figured out the wastegate spring was set to open at a measly 7 psi. I decided to plug the boost reference line that opens the wastegate and was pleasantly surprised at the performance difference in the upper rpm range. Instead of leveling off, it kept pulling stronger. A stiffer wastegate spring would be a good upgrade but I wouldn’t have a warm fuzzy feeling leaving it capped off.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will try to install a mechanical boost gauge this week and look at the difference in psi from stock to capped off and see if I can find the info for the factory turbo’s map range to determine if it will hold being capped or an upgrade will be necessary for more boost. Also to any of the tuners, how much fuel will the factory set up support? Is a mild tune asking too much of it or is there plenty left on tap?

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will try to install a mechanical boost gauge this week and look at the difference in psi from stock to capped off and see if I can find the info for the factory turbo’s map range to determine if it will hold being capped or an upgrade will be necessary for more boost. Also to any of the tuners, how much fuel will the factory set up support? Is a mild tune asking too much of it or is there plenty left on tap?
Just spitballing here: I will make a prediction that you will have the first Roxor to run in the 12’s.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ha ha, the thought of swapping a new Cummins R2.8 has crossed my mind more than once!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My fortress windshields and tops came in this week and I finally had some time to install them. I would say fit an finish are good not great but overall I was pleased with them. As for the install, you will definitely need an extra person. Roof install was the easiest, but the windshield and wiper kit not so much. Either you have to have tiny fingers or an array of swivel sockets and extensions to get the 4 upper bolts installed. Bottom mounts are strong and use existing bolt holes. The wiper kit is where my expectations fell a little short, it’s a fairly large assembly for just a single wiper. After getting the spacing correct from the windshield frame and wiring it up per the instructions and running a full sweep to oriantate the wiper arm correctly, something didn’t seem right. The wiper arm was way to long and would hit the hood if you used it. Nothing in the instructions to help here but the wiper arm is adjustable in length and if you remove it from the housing and cut about 2” off of the end of it problem solved. For the price of the wiper kit, I would have have expected much better. Overall I am happy with the quality of the windshield and top, much better than the factory windshield and top.

2C69D133-6FB0-4D0B-A4E0-568490A15895.jpeg 9DD67327-036C-42F6-8ED2-E95D0573794C.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I also got another set of OE flares installed along with 1 1/2” wheels spacers, some rear center caps I found that were gloss black to match the wheels, and some black acorn closed end lug nuts. For any of you wanting to know, the thread pitch for the factory studs is 1/2 x 20.

C604C289-C5B0-40EC-89ED-E873225E9972.jpeg 507FC60B-72D4-4D5C-A35D-AC123EEB0CBE.jpeg E129AFBE-38E6-486A-AB78-7694BB35FDC2.jpeg

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looks awesome brother! I just got my top and windshield installed. Saved the wipers for tomorrow.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looks awesome brother! I just got my top and windshield installed. Saved the wipers for tomorrow.
Thanks, I have an extra set of black acorn lug nuts for you if you want them.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, I have an extra set of black acorn lug nuts for you if you want them.

Awesome. I appreciate that. I was planning on getting a set today after I read your post. Rear center caps were on my mind but I didn't want chrome and haven't had the time to research a black set. Yours is looking awesome!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Even though the white one is sold, I thought I’d post a few pictures of the wheel and tire change I made for the customer. He wanted something that wasn’t much taller but much wider. That was the only info I got from him so here is what I ordered. Wheels are 15x10 Mickey Thompson classic 3’s and tires are pitbull growlers that are dot legal, size 30x10x15. An 8” wheel would have been much better but he was after the flotation tire look from his cj’s years ago. Getting a 10” tire mounted on a 10” wheel isn’t fun but the results were worth it. Enough rambling, here are the pics. By the way, it cleared the front bumper but was very close. I removed the bumper to modify it and will post pictures when done but this is a lot of tire with no lift. The wheels are light and the shorter tire did not effect performance at all.

B1A5D01D-0361-42B4-B445-914F0A706848.jpeg734A8C67-1AB4-409B-9B61-DA94E91DBB49.jpegDBADD00D-FB8D-4647-AE59-2581C5C8B96E.jpegCE651FF6-B8D9-48C9-A49C-BC67DE4BD867.jpeg02C0A0B2-83F6-4451-BB82-EE3375F215FE.jpeg55920100-86AE-49EE-B71E-E00022177D8E.jpegA7360F89-F250-417A-A972-2C862E85F561.jpeg

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great Build! Where did you get the spacers and what model no. is it?
Thanks, I got one set from rugged ridge part # 15201.09. That is for a pair of them not all 4. I ordered another set off of eBay, they were half the price and worked just as well.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got another new set of headlights today. They are cheap eBay lights but a huge improvement over stock. They are led with a H4 connector, plug and play. As with the last ones, you have to trim the headlight buckets in 2 spots but this a 5 minute job with a dremel.

2E12C61C-ABB7-4BD7-BC3F-3DF6C2B5FEFA.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Picked up a Mahindra Pintle hitch today along with a strong made rear receiver hitch. I installed the one from Mahindra today and I’ll try the strong made tomorrow. The install of the pintle hitch was super easy and I have no doubts about how well it will hold up. Very stout setup. I’ll update tomorrow after trying the strong made.

12CECF0A-C0CD-4A3E-9C90-8FE69120715D.jpeg

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t remember the exact breakdown but it was $1850 for the top, windshield and wiper kit. I’ll look at my invoice for a breakdown.
Sounds about right. However I did not get the wiper kit. Is the wiper manual or electric?