ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered mine through a distributor I use. They were $199 but I will be curious if they go up as well.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got mine for ~$160 earlier this year. Now they want almost $300.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am adding this to your thread. Had my ROXOR Warn hubs installed today along with the hitch. As for the hubs, it does seem to drive a little less binding if that makes any sense. It could be pyscosymatic cause I want to feel a difference, The hitch would pull hell off its hinges if you could hook to it.

Now I want flat plat mount attachments for the front and rear to have D Ring Shackles. The best I can measure, the pre drilled holes on the rear are 3 1/2 x 1 3/16 and on the front 3 1/2 x 2 3/16. Clemson 4whell will fabricate them, but I intend to communicate with Mahindra to see if they are they are going to offer them. It will be much less expensive.

Pictures attached.

82DEC260-5F09-4ECC-AB97-B2925FA8919A.jpeg EF747000-50EA-4F1D-96C5-99CC90227083.jpeg 7B1544B6-44A9-48BA-938C-987720AAC63B.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bobby, it looks good. I’m waiting for my local dealer to get a hitch in stock. I bought an aftermarket rear bumper with a receiver hitch and shackles but it’s nowhere close to fitting and I wouldn’t feel that comfortable towing with it. The mahindra hitch is definitely next on the list. As for the hubs, I do think they make a difference in rolling resistance and turning ability when unlocked. Makes sense to me because you are no longer turning each axle shaft and u joint.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just an FYI the speaker/radio setup doesn't seem to handle heat all that well. Mine started drooping and ripped some of the plastic in 100 degree weather. It was covered with a cheap pullover from Walmart to keep the sun off but didn't seem to matter.

DSC_0051.JPG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Might need a metal strap in place of plastic.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the heads, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on mine.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put a spartan locker in the rear of my roxor this past weekend and have tested it significantly all week. IT'S GREAT. less than 5 hrs to install and I'm no pro. The directions sucked but the end result was worth it. I don't know if it's the spartan locker, the good fit or the narrow stance of the roxor or possibly a combo of all the above but it is super smooth and quiet. No typical lunch box locker noise (ratcheting, pops or clicks). I went up a mud 45 degree twisty hill on my ranch with nairy a slip, with factory open diffs I was slipping and sliding and had to back down half way up! Seriously get in touch with Wyatt from on the rox fabrication and he will get you started. Steve their gear guy was awsome and talked me through all the things I was unfamiliar with (which was alot). Just be for-warned, you will need a complete socket set, metric and standard, a slide hammer to pull the axels, a wheel puller to pull the hubs (8 ton 7 inch wheel puller worked fine as long as I had a leverage bar, those f******S are on tight!) And a torqe wrench. On the rox was also helpful in some roxor specific directions for the install for instance the bolts on the ring gear are reverse thread. Overall I'm over the moon happy with the results and i would think twice before shelling ouT over 2 grand to your local dealer after install and tax to put in their ox locker (def a great product, just spendy) I'll save my money for the stage 2 tune through disel freaks lol.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For my usage, I'm gonna likely go with a Detroit Trutrac once the D44 carrier spacers and such filter out of the market. I don't need a true locker but a zero effort, zero maintenance gear driven LSD is my speed. Better traction in all cases, but not perfect (spool) traction in many.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For my usage, I'm gonna likely go with a Detroit Trutrac once the D44 carrier spacers and such filter out of the market. I don't need a true locker but a zero effort, zero maintenance gear driven LSD is my speed. Better traction in all cases, but not perfect (spool) traction in many.
That's what I have going into my front diff in a couple weeks:)

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

+1 for me on the limited slip rear diff. It would fit my wants/needs much better than a full locker. I’m sure we all have different uses for our ROXOR’s but mine will never see any hardcore off-road use, it’s more of a piece of equipment for daily use. The lack of a factory limited slip rear differential is the only real disappointment I have had so far.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the compliment on the picture. That is only Lake Keowee in Seneca SC a couple of 4th of July’s ago. Notice the mountains in the back ground. the Blue Ridge Moutains.
I lived up there in them mts. For 18 years ( Highlands )

B

Bister

Just an FYI the speaker/radio setup doesn't seem to handle heat all that well. Mine started drooping and ripped some of the plastic in 100 degree weather. It was covered with a cheap pullover from Walmart to keep the sun off but didn't seem to matter.

View attachment 697

Did you enquirer at your dealers about this and did you get any answers?

I see the soundbar is no longer listed on the ROXOR site in the accessories section anymore.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The sound bar is the first thing I removed. I have one if anyone is interested.

It’s like a juke box. The guy who invented it had all backwards. He should have made it play all the time. A lot more people would have put more quarters in it to make it be silent than to make it play music.

Just my opinion.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I see the soundbar is no longer listed on the ROXOR site in the accessories section anymore.
No I didn’t ask the dealer about it. I wasn’t upset about the plastic housing trashing out. I was planning on changing it anyways. At least now I can mount the speakers and controller where they can be reached while driving instead of having to stop and turn back to reach it.

B

Bister

No I didn’t ask the dealer about it. I wasn’t upset about the plastic housing trashing out. I was planning on changing it anyways. At least now I can mount the speakers and controller where they can be reached while driving instead of having to stop and turn back to reach it.
Well, that’s not too bad then if you can disassemble it and just mount it in a better place. I ordered a base unit up here in Canada, taking a bit, but hope to have it by fall. There are so many choices out there if someone wants tunes in there machine. I have a solar powered Bluetooth Rukus speaker. Good enough for me

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I contacted Roxor support
..they said to contact dealer to be reimbursed, they will not be replacing the warped speakers.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

View attachment 697
Mahindra will send a credit for your soundbar if you talk to your dealer about making a claim for it.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure this is the right string to post on, but I just learned of the Mile High Jeep Club in Empire CO. They are having a week long 4wheel adventure vacation there on many different trails for different levels of operator and vehicle ability. A friend of mine and his family left this morning. The heck of it is my neighbor, Fred Perry who owns Clemson 4Wheel drive,is their Trail guide. it is a 1550 haul from SC, but I will be there next year.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Speaking of hauling a Roxor, any recommendations on an aluminum trailer that will haul a long distance?