ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So after I finally received both of my ROXOR’s and have had some time to tinker with them, I thought I would share some of the things I have learned so far.

First off, everything is super simple but a wiring diagram or shop manual would be very helpful. I spent the better part of a day chasing wiring to figure out if there was a simple way to add turn signals. I’m sure now there probably is but I was tired of trying to find it so I made my own harness. I mounted 2 3/4 “ amber led lights in the grill and tapped the unused top bulbs in the tail lights, wired it with an electronic flasher and 2 way switch. I now have turn signals and am 1 step closer to getting it street legal.

Rear bumper. I ordered 2 pro comp rear bumpers with d rings and a receiver hitch for a CJ (66167) thinking they would be close to fitting but no dice. With a lot of fabrication I could make them fit but they are only rated to tow 750lbs ( I found that out after I got them) so I think I will try the receiver hitch that mahindra offers.

Turning radius. I was way disappointed with the turning radius or lack of, and the left was much worse than the right. Simple fix. There are bolts on the knuckles that are a stop. A 9/16” bolt with a 13/16” jam nut are all that stands in the way from a much more pleasant driving experience. Adjusted in about 3/4” on the drivers side and a 1/2” on the passenger side still has plenty of clearance.

Complete egr delete is next on the list as well as a windshield with wipers to register it. I’ll update after I complete the egr delete but overall I am very pleased with these little machines.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After delivery

30BA69B4-D88C-4665-9E9A-60109D92F344.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had some led headlights from a JK and thought I’d see if they fit, a little trimming and notching was necessary but they now fit the factory ones.

8885459B-0083-4522-BC0C-A3C7998AADD0.jpeg 956610A8-A5BC-4727-A6BE-6C7BE5649C0A.jpeg

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice pic.:)

Please keep us posted on the EGR delete results.
So after I finally received both of my ROXOR’s and have had some time to tinker with them, I thought I would share some of the things I have learned so far.

First off, everything is super simple but a wiring diagram or shop manual would be very helpful. I spent the better part of a day chasing wiring to figure out if there was a simple way to add turn signals. I’m sure now there probably is but I was tired of trying to find it so I made my own harness. I mounted 2 3/4 “ amber led lights in the grill and tapped the unused top bulbs in the tail lights, wired it with an electronic flasher and 2 way switch. I now have turn signals and am 1 step closer to getting it street legal.

Rear bumper. I ordered 2 pro comp rear bumpers with d rings and a receiver hitch for a CJ (66167) thinking they would be close to fitting but no dice. With a lot of fabrication I could make them fit but they are only rated to tow 750lbs ( I found that out after I got them) so I think I will try the receiver hitch that mahindra offers.

Turning radius. I was way disappointed with the turning radius or lack of, and the left was much worse than the right. Simple fix. There are bolts on the knuckles that are a stop. A 9/16” bolt with a 13/16” jam nut are all that stands in the way from a much more pleasant driving experience. Adjusted in about 3/4” on the drivers side and a 1/2” on the passenger side still has plenty of clearance.

Complete egr delete is next on the list as well as a windshield with wipers to register it. I’ll update after I complete the egr delete but overall I am very pleased with these little machines.

Just got a Roxor and was reading your post on turning radius adjustments. Agree. Are the adjustments you indicate adequate?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, one took a little more adjustment than the other but it makes night and day difference.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the compliment on the picture. That is only Lake Keowee in Seneca SC a couple of 4th of July’s ago. Notice the mountains in the back ground. the Blue Ridge Moutains.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jimmyb: I made the adjustment to the steering today. You are right. A huge improve. However, I didn’t have the bolt length adjustment you mention and I ended up screwing them all the way in and tightened them down. No problems. Also, my bolt was an 11/16 not a 13/16. I am not a mechic and very dangerous when I start tinkering with things I don’t understand. Please Tell me if there are consequences I don’t comprehend.

I am attaching a picture of the bolt I adjusted.

C6A313C9-ED31-4EF6-858C-B28B28986A2F.jpeg

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jimmyb: I made the adjustment to the steering today. You are right. A huge improve. However, I didn’t have the bolt length adjustment you mention and I ended up screwing them all the way in and tightened them down. No problems. Also, my bolt was an 11/16 not a 13/16. I am not a mechic and very dangerous when I start tinkering with things I don’t understand. Please Tell me if there are consequences I don’t comprehend.

I am attaching a picture of the bolt I adjusted.

View attachment 596I tightened mine all the way in and when I turned the tire hit the leaf springs. I then jacked the front end up put it on jack stands and readjusted them until I had a 1/4” gap between leaf springs and tire.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks. I’ll refine my adjustment as suggested if needed. I didn’t notice any catching on the leaf spring today.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks. I’ll refine my adjustment as suggested if needed. I didn’t notice any catching on the leaf spring today.
I didn’t hear or notice mine either while driving but I decided to jack it up and check and I noticed it was barely rubbing. Also so it doesn’t confuse anyone “The bolts don’t tighten all the way in. I believe I had a little over an inch of bolt head sticking out before it wouldn’t tighten anymore.”

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The only reason I could see an issue with them adjusted all of the way in other than rubbing on the leaf spring would be premature wear on u joint at the knuckle but only time will tell. I would much rather change a u joint early to have the increase in turning radius.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I received my windshield from mahindra today. Everything was packaged well and destructions were included. For the price, I am disappointed in the design. Some kind of angle iron or brace at the bottom would have made a big difference in how flimsy it is, especially at speed. I will try a few things tomorrow to get it better and let you know how it turns out. All of that being said, it does a good job of blocking the wind and visibility is unchanged. One big downside I wasn’t counting on was the change in performance or lack of at speed. You can definitely feel a difference in response at 40 mph, I could only imagine how it would feel at 60. Hopefully aftermarket tuning can take of this soon!

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I received my windshield from mahindra today. Everything was packaged well and destructions were included. For the price, I am disappointed in the design. Some kind of angle iron or brace at the bottom would have made a big difference in how flimsy it is, especially at speed. I will try a few things tomorrow to get it better and let you know how it turns out. All of that being said, it does a good job of blocking the wind and visibility is unchanged. One big downside I wasn’t counting on was the change in performance or lack of at speed. You can definitely feel a difference in response at 40 mph, I could only imagine how it would feel at 60. Hopefully aftermarket tuning can take of this soon!
I’m either going to put a couple rubber bumpers between the lower windshield and the frame or use the two holes in the dash to mount an angle to keep the windshield from flexing.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had a little time this weekend to try a few different things with the windshield. The instructions say to remove the lower fascia piece with the mahindra logo. I put mine back on between the windshield frame and the roll bar with a strip of single sided foam tape similar to what they send the kit. This doesn’t completely take the movement out but does make a big difference in helping how much flex it has at speeds. It’s definitely worth doing.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I officially got it licensed in Texas today. It was difficult but it is possible. It is registered as a mahindra not a replica. It looks funny having license plates and a sticker.

Last edited:

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Awesome and congratulations. It sounds from your post you have put a good bit of time money and effort into the process. Like I said earlier I am running on a golf car permit somewhere between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. I am hoping the officer is in a jolly mood and more interested in the ROXOR than the letter of the law when I get stoped. We will see.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you, I think it will vary a lot state by state as far as what is legal. I could have used it on the road for short distances for ranch use where I am the way it was but I wanted to find a way to do it completely legitimate. I have plates already made for a egr delete, I just need some aftermarket help with tuning and I will be completely satisfied with what I have “for now”!

DFDEC738-6930-4CB5-B917-2D20FB1ADA99.jpeg 47BB619F-B9A3-475E-B222-D0005993ABFE.jpeg 6A54390F-F7FA-4013-A279-7521A3EF3D3A.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finally had some time to install the Warn locking hubs, the install was super simple and took 30 minutes start to finish. Both of mine were difficult to put in four wheel drive much less trying to get them in 4 low, I thought maybe things were just tight from being new. After the hubs the transfer case moves easily in any selection. I wanted to be able to drive in 4 low with the front end unlocked in the pasture when it was dry because of the difficulty turning with front end in a bind, the ease in shifting the transfer case was just a major bonus!

342C4665-1543-4358-B924-7EC4D2068CE5.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I see OReilly raised their price on these..