ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Picked up a Mahindra Pintle hitch today along with a strong made rear receiver hitch. I installed the one from Mahindra today and I’ll try the strong made tomorrow. The install of the pintle hitch was super easy and I have no doubts about how well it will hold up. Very stout setup. I’ll update tomorrow after trying the strong made.

View attachment 2005
Jimmy’s—

What did you think of the Strong Made?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sounds about right. However I did not get the wiper kit. Is the wiper manual or electric?
It’s a single 2 speed electric wiper. Works better than I thought it would.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jimmy’s—

What did you think of the Strong Made?
Install was simple and it’s well made for what it is. I will say it’s nowhere near as stout as the one from Mahindra. If I needed a receiver hitch instead of the fixed ball mount, I would still use the Mahindra kit with the strong made receiver bolted to it.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Install was simple and it’s well made for what it is. I will say it’s nowhere near as stout as the one from Mahindra. If I needed a receiver hitch instead of the fixed ball mount, I would still use the Mahindra kit with the strong made receiver bolted to it.

That’s what I did. Not the cheapest route but possibly the strongest bolt on solution. Still cheaper than custom fabrication and powder coating.
And way cheaper than replacing parts should you tear the center of that cross member out with just the strongmade when you are trying to pull that buried 1 ton out.

0AC06F7B-18D8-476C-AF76-2BCACC6607FE.jpeg

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks guys. I really wanted the flexibility of the receiver hitch...I’ll look into your suggestion 44.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That’s what I did. Not the cheapest route but possibly the strongest bolt on solution. Still cheaper than custom fabrication and powder coating.
And way cheaper than replacing parts should you tear the center of that cross member out with just the strongmade when you are trying to pull that buried 1 ton out.

View attachment 2237
That’s exactly what I was trying to say, I agree 100%. Spend a little more up front to have peace of mind that you won’t break anything. The Jeep bumperettes look good.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That’s exactly what I was trying to say, I agree 100%. Spend a little more up front to have peace of mind that you won’t break anything. The Jeep bumperettes look good.

Thanks.
I Metabo’d off the hitch and drilled a new pin hole so it would fit in closer. Yea you can still catch your knee on it but I figure it’s worth it for protection of the spare tire and tailgate so I leave It installed. Between it and the bumperettes I should be safe from anything moderately stupid.

musclecar mike

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Do not own
I officially got it licensed in Texas today. It was difficult but it is possible. It is registered as a mahindra not a replica. It looks funny having license plates and a sticker.
I'm in Texas also. I never knew about the roxor until late October 2018, when I was traveling to and from from my sisters place in Missouri. along the way picking up auto trader type papers, and thats how I found out about them. your street legalization in Texas is what I'm interested in. the problem is getting it done by typing will take me forever. I am a new life member to this organization I can see a roxor in my future. I have a fiend who would also pull the trigger on one. so my question is could we talk on the phone? I live 10 miles north of brenham tx. mike 979-277-2959

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in Texas also. I never knew about the roxor until late October 2018, when I was traveling to and from from my sisters place in Missouri. along the way picking up auto trader type papers, and thats how I found out about them. your street legalization in Texas is what I'm interested in. the problem is getting it done by typing will take me forever. I am a new life member to this organization I can see a roxor in my future. I have a fiend who would also pull the trigger on one. so my question is could we talk on the phone? I live 10 miles north of brenham tx. mike 979-277-2959
Sure thing, I’ll give you a call this afternoon.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah the OEM hitch setup is beefy

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
I got another new set of headlights today. They are cheap eBay lights but a huge improvement over stock. They are led with a H4 connector, plug and play. As with the last ones, you have to trim the headlight buckets in 2 spots but this a 5 minute job with a dremel.

View attachment 1695
How are the lights holding up??.....some reviews are not so good on long term use...

Frank O

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thank you, I think it will vary a lot state by state as far as what is legal. I could have used it on the road for short distances for ranch use where I am the way it was but I wanted to find a way to do it completely legitimate. I have plates already made for a egr delete, I just need some aftermarket help with tuning and I will be completely satisfied with what I have “for now”!

View attachment 621View attachment 623View attachment 624
what all did you have to do. I am getting one today and will try also.

Slappy_McDoogal

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Figured I would jump on here, since this is the "Follow up" with Jimmyb's build... and my what a thread it is... you have quite a bit going on...
To follow back up... I am curious about the status of the wastegate... did you leave it capped off, did you find an aftermarket wastegate actuator and install that? The boost valve seems more and more like a cheap, not all that effective work around to a turbo pushing weak boost. If we have a decent tune and an open exhaust, do we need a wastegate on such a small turbo that is flowing exhaust gasses freely? capping of the vacuum line at the intake side of the turbo would certainly be the easiest fix to the weak boost.
I don't know what pressure this turbo is capable of producing from our motors, but if we are runinng stock pressure and with the valve hoping to increase it 5 PSI to 12 maybe 14 if lucky... does that really require a wastegate? Not like a 25 - 50PSI boost pressure from a bigger turbo.
Forgive me, i have a tendency to ramble, i am curious though.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I capped both ends basically making the waste gate non operational with zero negative effects so far and a stronger pulling engine in the upper rpm range. If it were a stage 2 tune and I was constantly doing wot pulls I may be concerned. Hope this helps

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you, I think it will vary a lot state by state as far as what is legal. I could have used it on the road for short distances for ranch use where I am the way it was but I wanted to find a way to do it completely legitimate. I have plates already made for a egr delete, I just need some aftermarket help with tuning and I will be completely satisfied with what I have “for now”!

View attachment 621 View attachment 623 View attachment 624

JIMMYB

Ur floor mats look like they fit like a glove.
Can read rugged ridge. Is there a part # or year of jeep these are from?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JIMMYB

Ur floor mats look like they fit like a glove.
Can read rugged ridge. Is there a part # or year of jeep these are from?
They fit pretty good but not perfect, they are rugged ridge for a cj. Part number is 12920.21