ooooooooooo

Just a little of what I have learned so far

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Speaking of hauling a ROXOR, any recommendations on an aluminum trailer that will haul a long distance?
The most wanted would be a Featherlite., also pricy but worth it. I have owned several over the years. My latest flat tilt bed is Aluma , I pull behind my coach with a Range Rover on board. They are less expenvie. Also made in Iowa plant is across the road from Featherlite........where most of the factory workers came from. The tilt bed is great, no need for ramps. Mine is 23’ with 15” wheels in tandem.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well, that’s not too bad then if you can disassemble it and just mount it in a better place. I ordered a base unit up here in Canada, taking a bit, but hope to have it by fall. There are so many choices out there if someone wants tunes in there machine. I have a solar powered Bluetooth Rukus speaker. Good enough for me

We use the sound bar a decent amount. I doubt the sun is every hot enough in N.WI to warp it.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Speaking of hauling a ROXOR, any recommendations on an aluminum trailer that will haul a long distance?

I hauled mine a couple hundred miles from around Green Bay up to me on a standard car hauler. Thing is a beast. Not great for full size trucks, but works great for Jeeps (which I seem own with some frequency lol).

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a single axle aluma trailer that 12’ that I have hauled a ROXOR on a short distance, maybe 20 miles round trip. I wouldn’t want to haul it any farther on it. I have a 26’ gooseneck that will haul both of them all day long no problem. The neat idea about the aluma trailer was that I could haul the ROXOR where I needed it and use the trailer hooked to the ROXOR to move what I needed too.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Always get two axles on any trailer , if not for weight....for safety ! Now days get a tilt bed option, the only way to go, so easy loading and unloading. If you haul a vehicle on a trailer behind your motorhome the Roxor ,if fitted with hitch, is a great choice when parking the rig in places where you must disconnect, like a back in space in an RV Park.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put a spartan locker in the rear of my ROXOR this past weekend and have tested it significantly all week. IT'S GREAT. less than 5 hrs to install and I'm no pro. The directions sucked but the end result was worth it. I don't know if it's the spartan locker, the good fit or the narrow stance of the ROXOR or possibly a combo of all the above but it is super smooth and quiet. No typical lunch box locker noise (ratcheting, pops or clicks). I went up a mud 45 degree twisty hill on my ranch with nairy a slip, with factory open diffs I was slipping and sliding and had to back down half way up! Seriously get in touch with Wyatt from on the rox fabrication and he will get you started. Steve their gear guy was awsome and talked me through all the things I was unfamiliar with (which was alot). Just be for-warned, you will need a complete socket set, metric and standard, a slide hammer to pull the axels, a wheel puller to pull the hubs (8 ton 7 inch wheel puller worked fine as long as I had a leverage bar, those f******S are on tight!) And a torqe wrench. On the rox was also helpful in some ROXOR specific directions for the install for instance the bolts on the ring gear are reverse thread. Overall I'm over the moon happy with the results and i would think twice before shelling ouT over 2 grand to your local dealer after install and tax to put in their ox locker (def a great product, just spendy) I'll save my money for the stage 2 tune through disel freaks lol.

Hey Sonnyd, I'm considering a Spartan locker vs an Auburn LS and your positive write up has got me real interested in the Spartan but I have couple questions hoping you might answer. 1-were you able to get the cross pin out with the ring gear and carrier installed to install the Spartan, or 2-did you have to pull the carrier and remove ring gear to do it?

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Sonnyd, I'm considering a Spartan locker vs an Auburn LS and your positive write up has got me real interested in the Spartan but I have couple questions hoping you might answer. 1-were you able to get the cross pin out with the ring gear and carrier installed to install the Spartan, or 2-did you have to pull the carrier and remove ring gear to do it?
Hi, you def have to pull the entire carrier to get the cross pin. Expect to need a wheel puller to pull the hubs, a slide hammer to pull the alex'S. Also just FYI the retaining pin that hols in the cross pin is staked and you will need to drill it out axel little to get the cross pun out.

Bear

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m either going to put a couple rubber bumpers between the lower windshield and the frame or use the two holes in the dash to mount an angle to keep the windshield from flexing.
I got a recall on the windshield because the window comes out of the frame and into the passenger compartment.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got a recall on the windshield because the window comes out of the frame and into the passenger compartment.

I have the lexan windshield as temp. ,waiting on the glass one to arrive, has wipers too. Same price as the plastic one , 800.00. I will get a 400.00 trade in, good deal could not pass this up !

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi, you def have to pull the entire carrier to get the cross pin. Expect to need a wheel puller to pull the hubs, a slide hammer to pull the alex'S. Also just FYI the retaining pin that hols in the cross pin is staked and you will need to drill it out axel little to get the cross pun out.
And you do need to remove the ring gear as well, that's no big deal, but the bolts are reverse thread just fyi

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
And you do need to remove the ring gear as well, that's no big deal, but the bolts are reverse thread just fyi
Thank you Sonnyd! Do you have to torque specs for the ring gear bolts and carrier brg cap bolts? I've been trying to get them from the Dealer but no luck as of yet.

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the lexan windshield as temp. ,waiting on the glass one to arrive, has wipers too. Same price as the plastic one , 800.00. I will get a 400.00 trade in, good deal could not pass this up !
You should be able to get $649.99 That is what I am paying for the windshield on my ordered Roxor
Check recall post by Bear. It looks like you should be able to get $649.99, a full reimbursement.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you Sonnyd! Do you have to torque specs for the ring gear bolts and carrier brg cap bolts? I've been trying to get them from the Dealer but no luck as of yet.
The specs I got from Steve at on the rox were 55 ft lbs on the ring gear bolts and foot 60 lbs on the bearing caps. Make sure you decrease the whole carrier with brake cleaner prior to reassembly and use blue lock tight on the ring gear bolts. Dont forget the ring gear bolts are reverse thread. Also mark the rig gear and carrier to be sure the ring gear goes back on the the carrier exactly the way it came off with the holes lined up with their corosponding holes. A grease pen works fine. Just take your time and it's actually an easy job.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you! Still trying to decide on LB locker vs LS diff, will report once completed.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
N

Nice to have the speakers behind your head...BAD FOR CONTROL HEAD, REALY BAD UNLESS YOU ARE AN OWL !

LOL yeah, "we" use the BlueTooth off her phone. If it were me, I wouldn't have gotten a stereo at all.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Rear seat info for any of you looking for one. I bought a rear fold and tumble seat from Bestop for a CJ, part number 39440-01. The fit and finish were great, I would definitely recommend this seat if you are looking for one. They have another one that doesn’t fold and doesn’t have headrest, aesthetically I think it would look better but I didn’t want to give the bed space without having to completely removing the seat. It is possible to install by yourself but would be a easier if you had an extra person. Total time by myself was 1hr and pretty straightforward. Enough rambling, here are the pictures!

A2B707B7-2AC6-4D02-9BCE-7ECB85D94580.jpeg E7705BC8-0C5F-43F0-83C5-D9E6F44B7508.jpeg 91F9B21C-87BB-47D3-8EF1-46BA26F9CCC1.jpeg 483C9466-A4CF-4681-AA87-5B9E0DB3AF7C.jpeg

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Rear seat info for any of you looking for one. I bought a rear fold and tumble seat from Bestop for a CJ, part number 39440-01. The fit and finish were great, I would definitely recommend this seat if you are looking for one. They have another one that doesn’t fold and doesn’t have headrest, aesthetically I think it would look better but I didn’t want to give the bed space without having to completely removing the seat. It is possible to install by yourself but would be a easier if you had an extra person. Total time by myself was 1hr and pretty straightforward. Enough rambling, here are the pictures!

View attachment 793View attachment 794View attachment 795View attachment 796
The seats look great! Do you have any ideas for seat belts?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You should be able to get $649.99 That is what I am paying for the windshield on my ordered ROXOR

Check recall post by Bear. It looks like you should be able to get $649.99, a full reimbursement.
That would be great. The “ loaner” offer from the dealer has yet to be completed. It’s been over a month with little justification considering the dealer has a hard time getting product from the builder in Montana. ( Or so I am told . I do not have time to play games.....I am old !) ! All I am waiting for is a phone call from the dealer, or Rox in Montana when the product with wipers will be delivered, installed , .? . As far as the refund , that’s a reembursment to me , or the dealer. All I want is an equal trade back with the “ loaner” , and at this time from what I see here , I should get a 600.00 plus deduction on the invoice of the new product with wipers. I put no direct blame on anyone here,, but I would like to hear from someone positive .

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The seats look great! Do you have any ideas for seat belts?
Thank you, today I ordered a rear lap belt kit from crown automotive for a CJ. I’ll post pictures after it comes in.