ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Christmas sale! I still have some kits available for anyone interested. I know there are cheaper ones out there but mine are stainless plates with all parts needed plus instructions. $100 shipped to you, e mail me at j.gb25@hotmail.com if you would like to order one. Thanks again to all of those that have purchased

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JimmyB's kit is super high quality. Worth every penny. Perfect fit and excellent instructions. Here is a pic of almost everything that came off the motor after the EGR delete.

IMG_4812.JPG

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can u delete the egr without doing the flash of the ecu??? codes??

Yes I did it and no codes. Removed cooler and coolant lines, blocked Ex manifold at rear and put the second plate between the EGR valve and intake pipe leaving the vacuum lines and electrical sensors active, all works great. Pic is of valve and sandwiched block off plate.

IMG_0962.JPG

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JimmyB's kit is super high quality. Worth every penny. Perfect fit and excellent instructions. Here is a pic of almost everything that came off the motor after the EGR delete.

View attachment 2261

View attachment 2261
OK Doshounds, educate me! This is what you removed after having a flash done with the EGR delete?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK Doshounds, educate me! This is what you removed after having a flash done with the EGR delete?
Yes, that is what all was removed from one that has the egr disabled through tuning. In your case it will be just like woodlot said, the egr cooler gets removed, the egr valve and vacuum solenoid stay plugged in to keep it code free.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, that is what all was removed from one that has the egr disabled through tuning. In your case it will be just like woodlot said, the egr cooler gets removed, the egr valve and vacuum solenoid stay plugged in to keep it code free.
Got it! Thanks for the education.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Yeah That!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Everything circled goes away with a stock tune except a couple of the small vacuum lines.

41EDABEA-0D15-4BDA-8617-188DB88D89B2.jpeg

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi I need a little clarification, this can be used both with the ecu egr delete as well as without modifying the ecu. is that correct? I am no mechanic, if I don’t get my ecu flashed what does removing the egr do for my engine?

Thanks

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jimmyb, just got my kit for my EGR removal. Well done! High quality! Instructions are really clear. Thanks!
Awesome, let me know if you have any questions during installation.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Awesome, let me know if you have any questions during installation.
All installed. Waiting on Vivid to return ECU. I chose the EGR delete too. Install went smooth, your instructions were clear.

target

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
JimmyB.
got your kit, install went great without a hitch, the only problem I had was I was also installing a heater at the same time so I didn't need the hose block off.
Got my ecu back from vivid & everything is working great

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put the banks idash 1.8 gage in and it works great. Need a exhaust that is stainless so I can install a get egt probe.

9F4EF145-B70D-4F15-9F8A-850B860F4B2F.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put the banks idash 1.8 gage in and it works great. Need a exhaust that is stainless so I can install a get egt probe.

View attachment 2461
Looks great, why not drill and tap a hole in the rear block off plate instead of the exhaust. It will be much easier than trying to put a bung in the exhaust pipe.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks great, why not drill and tap a hole in the rear block off plate instead of the exhaust. It will be much easier than trying to put a bung in the exhaust pipe.
Great idea thanks.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
EGT probe goes pre turbo, right into exhaust manifold. When i install them, done a few on Cummins trucks, i let engine run as i drill and tap the hole. If i remember right prode should be 1/8th NPT thread.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I can pull the block off plate jimmyb sent me and drill it.
EGT probe goes pre turbo, right into exhaust manifold. When i install them, done a few on Cummins trucks, i let engine run as i drill and tap the hole. If i remember right prode should be 1/8th NPT thread.