ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For the guys that are getting their parts in tomorrow, please give me some feedback good or bad so I can improve anywhere. Thanks again for ordering and a big thanks to shortbus for asking me to put a kit together and woodlot for trying it out without tuning that turned the egr function off. Very excited to see some pictures of other ones done! This weekend I’ll start a new thread with step by step directions with pictures on how to do this for everyone, whether you get your parts from me, somewhere else or decide to make your own. I’m happy to be a part of this forum and look forward to seeing how everyone customizes their roxor to fit them!

Ccoombes

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For the guys that are getting their parts in tomorrow, please give me some feedback good or bad so I can improve anywhere. Thanks again for ordering and a big thanks to shortbus for asking me to put a kit together and woodlot for trying it out without tuning that turned the egr function off. Very excited to see some pictures of other ones done! This weekend I’ll start a new thread with step by step directions with pictures on how to do this for everyone, whether you get your parts from me, somewhere else or decide to make your own. I’m happy to be a part of this forum and look forward to seeing how everyone customizes their roxor to fit them!
My egr delete kit just arrived from Jimmyb. The parts included in the kit are high quality. Clear detailed instructions are included and the transaction went smooth with fast shipping. I will install it later on and give an update.

jddotson68

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I received my kit from Jimmyb today as well. I have to agree with the previous post...quality parts and detailed instructions. EDIT...deleted EGR this evening. The instructions were simple and easy to follow. The block off plates fit well. I only drained about 1/2 gallon of antifreeze from radiator and didn’t have any coolant leak when removing the EGR coolant hoses. Waiting on the coolant to drain was the longest part of the whole process.

7D399234-CC04-44FE-B27C-538758EE7A62.jpeg BB0FD23E-0A16-4ECF-A24D-9488CEBEB552.jpeg BD301B06-E332-4099-B678-D6E79061CA12.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I received my kit from Jimmyb today as well. I have to agree with the previous post...quality parts and detailed instructions. EDIT...deleted EGR this evening. The instructions were simple and easy to follow. The block off plates fit well. I only drained about 1/2 gallon of antifreeze from radiator and didn’t have any coolant leak when removing the EGR coolant hoses. Waiting on the coolant to drain was the longest part of the whole process.

View attachment 1665View attachment 1666View attachment 1667
Looks great! I’ll modify the instructions to drain 1/2 gallon instead of a gallon. Also seeing yours reminded me I forgot to include removing the coolant line bracket from the top of the valve cover. Thanks for sharing!

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

JimmyB, wanted to get back with you, first of all I concur with the previous responses, this is a real nice kit, thanks for putting it together.

Because I have the DF Stg 1 and it does not have the ECM EGR function defeated I decided to not pull the cooler off until I test for a while, so I pulled the cooler exhaust outlet pipe and plated as required, leaving the EGR connected. I have run about two hours and been through about six start/stop functions with two engine thermo-cycles and.....no codes. So I will test a few additional hours and let everyone know what happens. My concern is the boost pressure sensor. The sensor looks at boost and temp, I'm not yet convinced air inlet temp won't throw a code, we will see.

IMG_0962.JPG

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you for posting. That’s a great place to put the plates to test it. If I am correct, the only thing that it monitors intake air temperature for is injection timing and grid heater operation. Please keep us updated if you have any issues but I believe it should code free with egr valve still plugged in.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you for posting. That’s a great place to put the plates to test it. If I am correct, the only thing that it monitors intake air temperature for is injection timing and grid heater operation. Please keep us updated if you have any issues but I believe it should code free with egr valve still plugged in.

Thanks!

One more thing I didn't mention, when I pulled the cooler outlet pipe it was full of water, I mean dripping out. I suppose it could have condensed by starting/stopping the RxR cool without warm-up.

The reason I mention this is I've been having the coolant level in overflow very slowly drop, haven't pressure tested the system and have no external cold leaks, did find the drain petcock weeping but it didn't stop the problem. There is no water in oil so perhaps I have a internal cooler leak, it's very small if I do. So my plan is after enough testing I'll pull the cooler, plate the manifold and we'll find out for sure if the cooler's leaking.

Has anyone noticed moisture in their cooler when removing for the delete??

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks!

One more thing I didn't mention, when I pulled the cooler outlet pipe it was full of water, I mean dripping out. I suppose it could have condensed by starting/stopping the RxR cool without warm-up.

The reason I mention this is I've been having the coolant level in overflow very slowly drop, haven't pressure tested the system and have no external cold leaks, did find the drain petcock weeping but it didn't stop the problem. There is no water in oil so perhaps I have a internal cooler leak, it's very small if I do. So my plan is after enough testing I'll pull the cooler, plate the manifold and we'll find out for sure if the cooler's leaking.

Has anyone noticed moisture in their cooler when removing for the delete??
Funny you say that, the last one I did had quite a bit of water where it shouldn’t have been. I thought it was from condensation as well but the overflow jug was almost empty. I’ll pressure test it with it off and see if it was actually leaking.

Last edited:

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just finished the EGR delete with the kit from JimmyB----thanks JimmyB. The kit was great. Funny thing though, I didn't have a gasket on one exhaust port but two on the other.---so much for Mahindra quality control--lol

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JimmyB, wanted to get back with you, first of all I concur with the previous responses, this is a real nice kit, thanks for putting it together.

Because I have the DF Stg 1 and it does not have the ECM EGR function defeated I decided to not pull the cooler off until I test for a while, so I pulled the cooler exhaust outlet pipe and plated as required, leaving the EGR connected. I have run about two hours and been through about six start/stop functions with two engine thermo-cycles and.....no codes. So I will test a few additional hours and let everyone know what happens. My concern is the boost pressure sensor. The sensor looks at boost and temp, I'm not yet convinced air inlet temp won't throw a code, we will see.

View attachment 1694
WoodLot, any update on how yours is doing? Is it still code free? Just wanted to check up on it, thanks.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just finished the EGR delete with the kit from JimmyB----thanks JimmyB. The kit was great. Funny thing though, I didn't have a gasket on one exhaust port but two on the other.---so much for Mahindra quality control--lol
Quickshot, glad you got yours done! There are actually 5 places in the egr system that all use the same metal gasket and you only need to reuse 2. Hang on to the rest of them just in case you ever need a spare but they should be good for the life of the roxor. My Cummins uses the same type of gasket and at 270k miles they haven’t gave up yet!

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Quickshot, glad you got yours done! There are actually 5 places in the egr system that all use the same metal gasket and you only need to reuse 2. Hang on to the rest of them just in case you ever need a spare but they should be good for the life of the roxor. My Cummins uses the same type of gasket and at 270k miles they haven’t gave up yet!
What is the risk with having a tune shut off the egr valve function without removing the hardware? Any?

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
WoodLot, any update on how yours is doing? Is it still code free? Just wanted to check up on it, thanks.

All good, and running great, a few more heat cycles and start/stops, no codes. Haven’t blocked off coolant lines and pulled cooler but plan to do so. I’m feeling pretty sure this mod with my ECM is going to be fine.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jimmyb, was you going to be able to put the pictures on the delete for those of us that are so mechanically inclined?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What is the risk with having a tune shut off the egr valve function without removing the hardware? Any?
Other than cleaning up the engine bay a lot and getting rid of excess heat, it will insure that you don’t have any exhaust gas entering the intake if the pressure was enough to push past the valve that is now turned off and getting rid of the chance the egr cooler fails and puts coolant into the intake. You won’t see any increase in power, think of it more as preventative maintenance as it will eliminate the chance of any of this happening.