ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

Peanut17

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Further thoughts on gearing. Does anyone think there could be harm leaving in 4 low all the time ? This thing has so much power to the wheels it will fishtail faster then a New York min., and that’s any gear I try,except 5th and first because of RPMs too high......and my driveway climbs a mountian driveway, near 45 degrees. Guess I need to try shift points to rpms in all these gears and record them. The other thing, the ROX does not use much fuel, it’s amazing! ...Some how I need to slow down this sprinter. Would be interesting to see on a Dino, maybe......
You should be just fine, as long as you have 'loose road bed' that you are driving on. Mine spends most of it's time in low range on gravel and dirt. The worst thing you can do is drive in 4 wheel on dry pavement as it is binding your powertrain without allowing slipping.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes there will be a discount, We are not exactly sure what that will be but probably half price.
Hi disel freaks, I just wanted to report on fule milage. I have had my stage 1 tune for about 2 weeks now. I finally had to fill up and did the math. I went from 27 mpg stock on mixed conditions ( lots of hills and 2 tracks with some 55-60 mph highway driving) to a little over 36 mpg! I'm blown away by how much more efficient this thing is while making more power and having no speed limiter. Great job on this tune. I will be first in line for stage 2!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took the time and money to set a CJ-7 windshield as I wanted a fold down and full on road qualification for licensing.

IMO this is a mixed bag approach. While late CJ windshields are an ideal automotive unit, with 40 years of track record, you compromise your ability to run the complete roll cage of the Roxor or the ability to run any future OEM compatible enclosures. With a custom roll cage and custom soft top, the CJ windshield could be ideal. Neither exist to date, however. So far the aftermarket has gone to custom windshield to keep the roll cage. We'll see what happens over time.

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took the time and money to set a CJ-7 windshield as I wanted a fold down and full on road qualification for licensing.
Yes, of all the applications, the fold down is where I am going to end up. Was it a big job getting the CJ-7 windshield the way you wanted it?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, of all the applications, the fold down is where I am going to end up. Was it a big job getting the CJ-7 windshield the way you wanted it?

It just bolts on but you must remove the whole front section of the roll cage back to the roll bar. With eth roll bar being several inches taller than the CJ one, you may wanna investigate using a CJ roll bar. I was not willing to give up the roll cage. The stock unit is excellent.

Peanut17

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes. It takes a skilled fabricator to modify the roll bar for my window installation.
20180725_205759.jpg

Seadrill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm looking for a tune for my roxor. I need to get the speed limiter off. Can anyone help me with this.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm looking for a tune for my ROXOR. I need to get the speed limiter off. Can anyone help me with this.
Disel freaks can help you out. I had mine tuned and love it! I'm making around 80 hp and 200 lb of torque. My fule consumption went from 27 mpg to 36 mpg mixed driving and my top speed went from 45 mph to holy *hit, I better let off the pedal! Great tune and they had it turned around to me within an hr of getting it. If your willing to pay for express shipping you can literally have it back in 3 days. Love those guys up in Michigan. Tell them Sonny sent yah:)

Seadrill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello folks, I operate a european and domestic diesel performance business in northern Michigan. I happened to spot a ROXOR at my local powersports dealer today and took a good look at it. As an avid off road enthusiast (I have a VW TDI swapped Ford ranger setup for playing on the trails), I think it's awesome and about damn time something like this is sold in the USA.

I, along with many others I'm sure, would love to exceed 45mph and have a little more than 62hp. A modern 2.5L common rail direct injection turbo diesel should be able to make an easy 100-115hp without straining anything. The VW DI diesel are all 90-135hp from the factory and they're only 1.9L. So my question to the people here is how many would like a safe ecu tune for these that would increase the speed limiter to say 85mph and bump the power up to 100-110hp? Obviously, the manufacturer warranty would be voided, the vehicle would be for competition use only, not for use on public highways, and whatever other legal disclaimers need inserted.

Here's what are probably the first underhood shots of a ROXOR :).

View attachment 68View attachment 69
Do u have a phone number for them or an email address

Last edited by a moderator:

KPelkey

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How much is the diesel freaks tune?

DGxInfinitY

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has anyone got some footage of an exhaust mod? I know of a few ECU tunes that I might want to try when I get my ROXOR but I haven't seen any exhaust mods like a straight pipe or any info on how to turn the boost up? It seems like the turbo is making like 6 or 7 lbs of boost stock.
Also, does anyone have info (or some power figures) regarding EGR removal, ECU Tune, Turbo Mod? I want this thing to have no troubles breathing and sounding like it. I live in Utah so street legal isn't even a concern. On_the_Rox Fabrication can hook me up with parts for street legalization and 4x4 essentials like axle lockers, etc.

Reactions: cam

DGxInfinitY

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I just road tested my Vivid racing tuned ecu. It is amazing! Money well spent. I sent it Monday and had it back Wednesday. They could put have been any easier to work with.

Yeah, that's who I think I'll send my ECU to. They have it for 500 and they made a video showing some power figures. It does seem like a good path to go to get more powah and still keep the speedometer functional. All around a good service I've heard.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My FB write up. I went direct to them on my lunch hour.

Daily Rx, Arizona 1266

If you are like me, you’ve either had, or wanted a CJ, FJ or like vehicle in your “yoot”. And at times miss the old school tech and simplicity. You guys remember that? Seeing an old CJ2A used as a snow plow parked behind the shop class at your rural high school. Or that surplused M38A1 serving as a fire break plow at your nearby volunteer fire station. Or had a 70’s model FJ 40, CJ5 or CJ7 that has that distinctive mechanical whine as you rev it up to speed before you shifted. And the thing considered a “laptop” was a book, a Swanson TV dinner, or a pole dancer named Candy. One thing I remember was the dirt mixed with oil smell as you lay over the radiator trying to tube that carb. Great times huh?
Wait, what? Tuning carbs sucked. Never could get that straight!

For those who don’t know me, I’m a Mahindra Roxor owner, end user, like all of you. And no, I’m not from India. I don’t work for them, any dealer or any shop. I’m like you and had to have a one. If you were like me, maybe you’ve rebuilt a vehicle. And know not only the expense but tiiiiiiimmmmeeee invested in doing so. So when Mahindra Roxor dealer tells you the price, it about knocks you over. Not that way! Like the unmentionable brand has me over and over with the ever climbing sticker prices. But Sb the other way. As in affordable.

Catch is, sold as UTV (RUV or Side by side) off road only. And one of those limitations, the dang speed limiter, or governor. Well it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out, that it can be figured out. A few tricks to open the Roxor up and see her go to highway speed is disconnectinge the speedometer or cutting one of the wires. Which wire? I have no idea. Because, even though I can resplice wires like a pro, I’m not doing that.
In comes Vivid Racing. Lucky for me it’s located in the Phoenix metro area. I picked up my Roxor about a week and a half ago. Still waiting to get the plate for it and CJ5 windshield parts are in route. The next thing in order is that tuning, or reflash the Electronic Control Module which control the air, fuel and ignition (I think) to prevent it from speeding past 45 MPH. Not being able to go over 45 MPH is the sole physical limitation to being highway capable. Unless you don’t mind traveling tractor speed on the highway like the Amish.

I had to privilege to chat with Ryan Michael from Vivid about getting this done. Honestly, I’ve never heard of them until I looked at this Roxor. I’m sure other shops either have or are working on such. Price wise seems tall for just hooking up a laptop and doing the clickity clack keyboard task like you see in the movies.

Some geeky kid, part of a rough crew with a nick name like, “techno”, “rabbit” “wired”, “neo” or something else stupid. And in a dingy out of the way car shop with car parts all over the place, graffiti on the walls and he has a glass desk smack dab in the middle of the maintenance bays with at least 8 huge screens, you get the idea.

Well, it’s none of that. By a long shot. Very much the opposite of a dirty greasy shop from what I saw people. In the Phoenix area, we have no shortage of dingy dirty auto and other shops. Let’s not get into what I’ve seen at other shops. Ryan gave me a quick tour of the place an all I saw was nothing less than professional. The place was far more impecable than a Tijuana plastic surgeon’s office. Scratch that, more impecable than some doctor’s offices in the US and on par with the better ones.

What does that tell me? Well, for starters, the owner has his stuff together. Along with that, professional appearance indicate professional work. Something many small business owners do not understand and miss. This permeates on to the employees, and affect work product. Typically, your highly demanded products come from companies exactly like this one.

From what I saw Vivid’s roots comes from racing and street vehicles. Not tractor diesel engines. That being said, I have no doubt whatever they do to 1266’s ECM it is in great hands. That’s because they are into performance. It is a butt chafe that I have to pay for another company to undo what the manufacturer had to do in order to get me this to buy. But it’s a small price considering. Considering I rather have these guys tune something which is beyond my knowledge and capabilities.

The Roxor is a new genre of recreational vehicles. Not that it hasn’t been done before, because that’s exactly what it is, bringing to market what we once had. And probably better. It’s old tech being built by newest tech. More consistency in product quality, tighter tolerances, and less room for human error. Along with that, in Vivid’s case, it’s no different.
Follow up to come of how it worked. I’m pretty darn positive it will work great.

Update:
No surprise there, huge difference. Again, only 31.6 miles driving neutered. I did a bit off road, gotta remember it’s not a RZR. I did stall out going up an embankment. It’s soft dry powdery soil with crusty top layer.
There’s a stretch of road to let the ponies loose. It hit 60 plus before the realization of no windshield said, I’m good. I’m confident 60 is good in 4th gear. Handled great.

Note about transfer case lever, I did pull the lever on to 4 high but it went back into 2 high. Give it some break in time. 4 low is even trickier.
More to come. Plates!! Where the hell are you

And I have to add. With around 1300 Roxors out there, someone will mess it up and YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS UP THAT HARNESS PLUG!!
See the YT video on Oil Cap and ECM unplugging if you have doubts.

cq%Ar+TNT3OOqARBodoUkA.jpg0o17BPMlSdut4g5RgMlNGA.jpggv%kbZdxS5Ck5IlYsTp8Fw.jpg%FTVkMvBQBafYFY7lxHkVA.jpg

Last edited:

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys this is David Morgan with Hattiesburg Cycles. We installed a stage 2 tune upgrade from Diesel Freak on my Roxor last week. It included an upgraded clutch disc and the tune. The tune adds an extra 50-60 hp and a whole lot more fun! We posted a video here
. We should have more details and pricing availability soon, and as mentioned previously the stage one tunes are available now. There are several other accessories in the works that we will be posting over the next couple weeks. Give me a shout if there is anything that you would like to see.