ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hattiesburg Cycles is offering tunes through diesel freak for $600 plus tax and shipping if anyone is interested call 6015828611 and ask for David.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What are the highlights of the tunes? Speedo correction for tires/gears I assume? Engine performance and speed limit removal?

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hp is going to be around 85 until the rest of the engine upgrades are worked out, and there will be options for speed correction and limit removal.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think that price is fine for a first mover, but it will have to come down as others hop in the game. Kudos though, I'm sure it'll be quite popular lol.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
600 bucks? goodluck. Someone will pay that but not me unless I can make changes myself. Most people will be after the speed limiter, I would believe any dealer with the Mahindra computer scan tools would have that capability.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is not much that a dealer can do to the engine computer with the Mahindra supplied tools, and the cost is pretty well in line with what it cost to tune any newer diesel vehicle once you buy a quality tuner. If you find anyone that will do it cheaper I would love to know!

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Although I'm not a tuning guru. I have a hard time believing the Mahindra tools can't tune out the speed limiter. When I go to the GM dealer my friend and I can shut down individual cylinders, actuate specific transmission solenoids, set RPM governors, lock out power windows etc etc. I know the Roxor isn't as technologically advanced as a new silverado but I have a hard time believing the dealer can't do it. Do I believe the dealer "shouldn't" do it because of company policy? Sure. But can't do it? I have a hard time believing that. The free market will decide the price. Not enough info is known at this time as to what can be done in regards to ecm modifications on the Roxor.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm hunting down the tools myself. Really people mostly want a limit removal.

$600 for the market first is fine. There is demand, and no supply. These guys will have to come down for a generic tune/edit once other players are in. Static, non-adjustable tunes, generally go for far less, and include a few 'free' changes over X time.

The risk of coming in high is being left behind quickly instead of leveraging the market first over time.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I also agree the dealers likely can't do this. The dealers I've spoken too seem to simply be sales houses, for now, not service centers in anyway.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I work at a Roxor dealership, and we can not access the settings in the engine computer with the Mahindra supplied tools. If we could I would probably have broken more stuff than I could pay for by now. Once there are other options for tuning available the price will probably come down, but by then it will be time for a bigger turbo and some monstrous smoke clouds.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OH I think the aftermarket for this product will be unbelievable once two things happen:

1) in many states a repeatable process to legally road tag these is devised/documented
2) a generic tuner similar to many in the automotive aftermarket is considered a commodity product (not service)

Once the above happen, Mahindra will sell a sincerely stupid number of these in the US.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I retract my prior statement then about the dealers having the ability to tune out the speed limiter. Once again, as I stated before it was only an assumption. I still check daily for a break through in this and other Roxor topics that are current. Thanks for the clarity.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
600 bucks? goodluck. Someone will pay that but not me unless I can make changes myself. Most people will be after the speed limiter, I would believe any dealer with the Mahindra computer scan tools would have that capability.
It seems like a good all around tune. Dave said it’ll be a two week turn around and the tune will provide 80-85 hp. There will be a speed limiter removal option and have speed corrections for tire size. Maybe this tune will make 5th gear usable but that would make the factory windshield unusable at speed(it bows really bad around 65).

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The frame or the ‘glass’?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What are the highlights of the tunes? Speedo correction for tires/gears I assume? Engine performance and speed limit removal?
85hp and +40 ft lbs torque and a 65mph speed limiter. Stage 2 and 3 are in the works Stage 2 will deal with clutch parts and EGR delete Stage 3 will address turbo and possibly injectors.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good Morning #missionready Roxor enthusiasts. I talked with the guys this morning about their progress on developing tunes for the Roxor. The available stage one tune that I mentioned a couple days ago will give an increase of 20hp and 40 ft lbs of torque, bump the speed limiter to 65mph, and have the option to correct the speedometer for tire size. There is a stage 2 and 3 tune in the works, but both are limited by hardware (primarily the clutch and pressure plate). If anyone has any other questions give me a shout, and I will post any other updates as I get them.

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
85hp and +40 ft lbs torque and a 65mph speed limiter. Stage 2 and 3 are in the works Stage 2 will deal with clutch parts and EGR delete Stage 3 will address turbo and possibly injectors.

Typing at the same time :)

dieselfreak

Founding Member
Vendor
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello folks, I operate a european and domestic diesel performance business in northern Michigan. I happened to spot a ROXOR at my local powersports dealer today and took a good look at it. As an avid off road enthusiast (I have a VW TDI swapped Ford ranger setup for playing on the trails), I think it's awesome and about damn time something like this is sold in the USA.

I, along with many others I'm sure, would love to exceed 45mph and have a little more than 62hp. A modern 2.5L common rail direct injection turbo diesel should be able to make an easy 100-115hp without straining anything. The VW DI diesel are all 90-135hp from the factory and they're only 1.9L. So my question to the people here is how many would like a safe ecu tune for these that would increase the speed limiter to say 85mph and bump the power up to 100-110hp? Obviously, the manufacturer warranty would be voided, the vehicle would be for competition use only, not for use on public highways, and whatever other legal disclaimers need inserted.

Here's what are probably the first underhood shots of a ROXOR :).

View attachment 68View attachment 69
We currently have a stage 1 tune released . Waiting on a stronger clutch set up to release stage 2 and 3 tuning. We have two clutch manufacturers working on this for us. We also have two different turbo upgrade options, along with bigger pump and injector options. We have already logged several hours of dyno testing and are very excited about the performance that is achievable with the Roxor.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you worked with a mechanical rotary pump on this motor?