ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

DGxInfinitY

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey guys this is David Morgan with Hattiesburg Cycles. We installed a stage 2 tune upgrade from Diesel Freak on my ROXOR last week. It included an upgraded clutch disc and the tune. The tune adds an extra 50-60 hp and a whole lot more fun! We posted a video here
. We should have more details and pricing availability soon, and as mentioned previously the stage one tunes are available now. There are several other accessories in the works that we will be posting over the next couple weeks. Give me a shout if there is anything that you would like to see.

How much was the stage 2 flash from Diesel Freaks?

dmhbc

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The stage 2 tune is still being developed so currently there is not a retail price. Once Diesel Freak confirms the durability by dyno tuning with the new clutch, and gets it tweaked for egr delete ect. there will be prices and more details.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stage 4 ‘tune’ ;)

4DD81BD6-4FEB-41F7-998A-69431BE8583D.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is that a p pump from a 4bt?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Close. It's a VE pump from a B3.3T. This is my "Planned Obsolescence" delete kit.

Last edited:

jerry c

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a question or 2. Where is the speedo sensor located? Is there a way to cut the signal in half? If so then it should run faster but the speedo will just read 1/2 speed. If this can be done there will be no need for ecu reflash and will not bother the warranty.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a question or 2. Where is the speedo sensor located? Is there a way to cut the signal in half? If so then it should run faster but the speedo will just read 1/2 speed. If this can be done there will be no need for ecu reflash and will not bother the warranty.

DakotaDigital may have a box to do this kinda thing.

Michi

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi everybody! Im reporting in on the disel freaks stage 2 tune. Short version of this post is just do it! If money is an issue then stop eating out for a couple weeks and just do it!
For those of you that are interested in a little more substance and background, here we go. I have been running the stage 1 tune from disel freaks for about 2 months. I drive my roxor 2-3 times weekley all over west virginia as a work vehicle ( I do home health physical therapy and this requires me to run a mix of highway and two track driving with alot of creek crossings and crazy private drives).

Stage 1 has served me well for this purpose, I'm able to roll along at 55 to 60 mpg on the highway when needed, my spedo works and I'm usually able to get up long winding hills in a 55 mph zone in 4th gear while maintaining over 45 mph even if I need to keep the pedal pretty close to the floor:). I did some testing and it will run 0-60 in 21 seconds and change. The best part is my fule milage went from about 27 mpg stock to 36.8 average with the stage 1 tune! This is a huge improvement over stock which even with the speed sensor off would probably take most of next leap year to get 0-60 and had testy motorist flipping me off as they passed me doing 30 in a 55 up hills.

Stage 2, now this is where it gets fun. I installed stage 2 with the recomended clutch plate 5 days ago. I've been driving a huge mix of roads for work ever since.I also did 150 miles of serious trail riding this weekend on Hatfield and Mccoy. The long and the short of it is this. I can now cruise up hills that required downshift to 4th or even third in 5th gear maintaining 60+ mpg on the winding 55 mph uphill I dreaded in my stock roxor. 0-60 is done in an easy 16 seconds even with a sloppy start and my mpg is holding steady at 36.2 mpg! My rox went from silly slow in stock form to passible and alot more fun with stage 1, to beautiful crisp clutch and sporty throw you back in your seat in first and second gear and keeps on pulling in 3rd 4th and 5th in stage 2. (Sorry for the run on sentance, I'm at physical therapist not an English major).
I've recorded some video that I'll be posting shortly of hill climb test and 0-60 testing stage 1 and stage 2.

The downside side to stage 2 from disel freaks. .......I don't know, I haven't really found one yet. I guess if you hate tinkering, then putting in a new clutch disk would be a detractor. The only other quirk is that it starts just a little harder, understandably so as the little pig is needing more fule these days, lol. I'll keep yall updated and post some video asap.

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi everybody! Im reporting in on the disel freaks stage 2 tune. Short version of this post is just do it! If money is an issue then stop eating out for a couple weeks and just do it!
For those of you that are interested in a little more substance and background, here we go. I have been running the stage 1 tune from disel freaks for about 2 months. I drive my roxor 2-3 times weekley all over west virginia as a work vehicle ( I do home health physical therapy and this requires me to run a mix of highway and two track driving with alot of creek crossings and crazy private drives).

Stage 1 has served me well for this purpose, I'm able to roll along at 55 to 60 mpg on the highway when needed, my spedo works and I'm usually able to get up long winding hills in a 55 mph zone in 4th gear while maintaining over 45 mph even if I need to keep the pedal pretty close to the floor:). I did some testing and it will run 0-60 in 21 seconds and change. The best part is my fule milage went from about 27 mpg stock to 36.8 average with the stage 1 tune! This is a huge improvement over stock which even with the speed sensor off would probably take most of next leap year to get 0-60 and had testy motorist flipping me off as they passed me doing 30 in a 55 up hills.

Stage 2, now this is where it gets fun. I installed stage 2 with the recomended clutch plate 5 days ago. I've been driving a huge mix of roads for work ever since.I also did 150 miles of serious trail riding this weekend on Hatfield and Mccoy. The long and the short of it is this. I can now cruise up hills that required downshift to 4th or even third in 5th gear maintaining 60+ mpg on the winding 55 mph uphill I dreaded in my stock roxor. 0-60 is done in an easy 16 seconds even with a sloppy start and my mpg is holding steady at 36.2 mpg! My rox went from silly slow in stock form to passible and alot more fun with stage 1, to beautiful crisp clutch and sporty throw you back in your seat in first and second gear and keeps on pulling in 3rd 4th and 5th in stage 2. (Sorry for the run on sentance, I'm at physical therapist not an English major).
I've recorded some video that I'll be posting shortly of hill climb test and 0-60 testing stage 1 and stage 2.

The downside side to stage 2 from disel freaks. .......I don't know, I haven't really found one yet. I guess if you hate tinkering, then putting in a new clutch disk would be a detractor. The only other quirk is that it starts just a little harder, understandably so as the little pig is needing more fule these days, lol. I'll keep yall updated and post some video asap.
Good write up! What did the dyno report and what did stage 2 cost?

Michi

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good write up! What did the dyno report and what did stage 2 cost?
I think dyno put it at around 115 hp and around 230 lb of torque....I could be totaly wrong on this as I wrote it down but promptly lost the paper. Cost for upgrading from stage 1 to stage 2 was about 600 bucks. If your thinking about going from stock to stage 2 you will need to talk to disel freaks about it as I don't know. All I do know is to buy that kind of performance upgrade usually cost thousands, not hundreds,lol. It's all a great deal if you look at it like that:)

Rolandwanders

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think dyno put it at around 115 hp and around 230 lb of torque....I could be totaly wrong on this as I wrote it down but promptly lost the paper. Cost for upgrading from stage 1 to stage 2 was about 600 bucks. If your thinking about going from stock to stage 2 you will need to talk to disel freaks about it as I don't know. All I do know is to buy that kind of performance upgrade usually cost thousands, not hundreds,lol. It's all a great deal if you look at it like that:)

That's great news - and that included the clutch pack upgrade?

Michi

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's great news - and that included the clutch pack upgrade?
Yup, clutch included. I'm super happy with my weird little boxy ride right now;) the clutch is a thing of beauty. I wish I had taken a pic of it. Even if I wasn't interested in the stage 2 tune i would have still done the clutch, it's so obviously better made than the stock clutch it's amazing. And the feel is 100% improved, espescialy for off roading!

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Michi good review. If you can comment, how did you go about getting your Roxor licensed for the WV DMV? Did you use “Dirt Legal”?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yup, clutch included. I'm super happy with my weird little boxy ride right now;) the clutch is a thing of beauty. I wish I had taken a pic of it. Even if I wasn't interested in the stage 2 tune i would have still done the clutch, it's so obviously better made than the stock clutch it's amazing. And the feel is 100% improved, espescialy for off roading!

Mine shifts like butter...no clutch needed , and I only have “ stage one “ , that’s enough for this old timer !

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine shifts like butter...no clutch needed , and I only have “ stage one “ , that’s enough for this old timer !
The issue with the stock clutch is not the feel, it's the fact that it starts to slip and can't handle the added torque of the stage 2. From what I know just about every disel truck manufactured has a solid ceramic clutch plate to handle the additional torque that a disel engine provides. They feel great are very positive and last forever. But I do agree with you, for driving off road the stage 1 is very nice.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The issue with the stock clutch is not the feel, it's the fact that it starts to slip and can't handle the added torque of the stage 2. From what I know just about every disel truck manufactured has a solid ceramic clutch plate to handle the additional torque that a disel engine provides. They feel great are very positive and last forever. But I do agree with you, for driving off road the stage 1 is very nice.
Yes I understand the clutch slipping. Actually what I ment was the trans shift in combo with the Diesel engine allows ( me ) to shift without the clutch pedal....when I feel inclined, kinda reminds me of the old days and a spicer 10 speed amoung others.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes I understand the clutch slipping. Actually what I ment was the trans shift in combo with the Diesel engine allows ( me ) to shift without the clutch pedal....when I feel inclined, kinda reminds me of the old days and a spicer 10 speed amoung others.
That's pretty cool. It is smooth as hell for a jeep!

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used dirt legal, all went well got motorcycle plate. But state farm had no problem with insurance. I am street legal
I also got brake tag from Louisiana, they had to enter Vin # as 1948 willys , got sticker on windshield!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used dirt legal, all went well got motorcycle plate. But state farm had no problem with insurance. I am street legal
I also got brake tag from Louisiana, they had to enter Vin # as 1948 willys , got sticker on windshield!
The ID numbers on the Roxes are not VIN numbers. , so far....Interesting you’re “ brake tag “ ? And a 48 Willies. The “tag” thing is definitely a Southern thing. Plates in the north , tags in the South.