ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Darstar, thanks for your reply. Yes Roxy uses a PIN number not VIN, when my title came back they call it VIN #, They also listed model as ORV.
I went through dirt legal to get Reg and Plate S. Dakota used VIN on Reg. S Dakota does not use Inspection stickers (brake tag) I really did
not have to use a Inspection sticker, I live in Louisiana with La lic and address thought I would try for Inspection. Motor vech Inspec
entered Mahindra Roxor and Vin came back as not valid, I told her it was replica of the late 40's. She put in 1948 and system took the
VIN.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Darstar, thanks for your reply. Yes Roxy uses a PIN number not VIN, when my title came back they call it VIN #, They also listed model as ORV.
I went through dirt legal to get Reg and Plate S. Dakota used VIN on Reg. S Dakota does not use Inspection stickers (brake tag) I really did
not have to use a Inspection sticker, I live in Louisiana with La lic and address thought I would try for Inspection. Motor vech Inspec
entered Mahindra Roxor and Vin came back as not valid, I told her it was replica of the late 40's. She put in 1948 and system took the
VIN.
That’s good too know , wish everyone could solve....I have no problem calling it a 1948 Willis, values in real time should be near equal........now , if I can find those old Willies name plates,we put in the loft many years ago !

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vivid Racing has stage 1 tune, works great. Shows Roxor on dyno, 3 day turn on your ECU. See there web site

dieselfreak

Founding Member
Vendor
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well we use the diesel Freak tune and the best we have gotten is 36mpg it has dropped some l believe it’s either winter blend fuel or the wind lately but 32mpg right now.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These Roxie’s use so little fuel that my guess is many will not keep their tank full over the winter. Condinsation ,water vapor as well room in the tank for algae to grow and clog injectors and pump, especially on the low pressure side. A fuel conditioner should be used with every tank full.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well we use the diesel Freak tune and the best we have gotten is 36mpg it has dropped some l believe it’s either winter blend fuel or the wind lately but 32mpg right now.
I've averaged 36-37 mpg with disel freaks stage 1 tune.

Rushford

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
To get around the 45mph limiter I unplugged the speed sensor, but rather than 70+ my Roxor is restricted to idle (as if I have the driver's seatbelt disengaged). Anyone else have this difficulty? Did Roxor engineer out this speed limiter work-around? My build is October 2018...

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
To get around the 45mph limiter I unplugged the speed sensor, but rather than 70+ my Roxor is restricted to idle (as if I have the driver's seatbelt disengaged). Anyone else have this difficulty? Did Roxor engineer out this speed limiter work-around? My build is October 2018...
Apparently the newer Roxors have programming that places them in limp mode if the speed sensor is unplugged. The newer ones also have a yellow shrink wrap tamper seal. I have a thread about this on the Facebook Roxor enthusiast page.

Rushford

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Apparently the newer Roxors have programming that places them in limp mode if the speed sensor is unplugged. The newer ones also have a yellow shrink wrap tamper seal. I have a thread about this on the Facebook Roxor enthusiast page.

Yes, your description fits my situation - yellow shrink wrap and limp mode. My spec sheet states 11 inch front disc brakes rather than 9, so my October build must have been on the cusp of the 2019 models. 55mph would have been just fine, but 45 is not satisfactory. I'll check out your Facebook post. Thanks!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, your description fits my situation - yellow shrink wrap and limp mode. My spec sheet states 11 inch front disc brakes rather than 9, so my October build must have been on the cusp of the 2019 models. 55mph would have been just fine, but 45 is not satisfactory. I'll check out your Facebook post. Thanks!

My advice is call Blake at vivid. I get 35 with my vivid tune and the disabled the egr and speed limiter. Blake gave me special holiday pricing too.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
Vivid Racing has stage 1 tune, works great. Shows Roxor on dyno, 3 day turn on your ECU. See there web site
I just reinstalled the Roxor computer after a Vivid Racing tune. I noticed more power in all gears, and now I can use fifth gear too. I found the staff at Vivid Racing to be professional, polite, and prompt. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

Rushford

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sent my ECU to Vivid today - will pick it up next week. I'm going to route the EGR away from the engine next - seems that will keep it cleaner, even if it won't add more horsepower.

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wonder if a turbo boost valve would help the stock turbo with power with just a vivid tune in it?

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As to egr. I just did mine. It will definitely be cleaner. I idle a lot feeding cattle. Have 200 miles on Roxor. Lots of carbon. Was surprised how gritty it was. That can’t be good on longevity.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sent my ECU to Vivid today - will pick it up next week. I'm going to route the EGR away from the engine next - seems that will keep it cleaner, even if it won't add more horsepower.
Removing the egr will definitely keep the engine cleaner from carbon build up for years to come.
I wonder if a turbo boost valve would help the stock turbo with power with just a vivid tune in it?
The boost valve will make a noticeable difference. Not a huge gain in power but it will continue to pull strong throughout the rpm range instead of tapering off. I haven’t tried the valve but instead just capped the end of the wastegate so it wouldn’t move.

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So is there any ill effect on the moter then long term life on motor I think it raises the boost to like 19 psi make it run hotter,leaner?

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
A question for those with the vivid tuning, are you experiencing difficulty with starting and excessive smoke after the upgraded tuning? Just wondering if I need to send my CPU back for second look at the settings---- mine was tuned by Diesel Freaks.
Love the increase in power after tuning though.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has been fine no excess smoke and starts fine. Vivid did a great job.