ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine has been fine no excess smoke and starts fine. Vivid did a great job.
This is an apple to orange comparison, the starting quirk and smoke is from the stage 2 tune from DF not stage 1. I H Ave DF stage one and its great, stage 2 had those issues mentioned by quicksohot

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did not see the stage 2.
Vivid dosnt have a stage 2 and disel freaks pull their stage 2 because of the starting/smoking quirk only experienced with some roxors, not all. They are no longer offering a stage 2 as of now

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sent my ECU to Vivid today - will pick it up next week. I'm going to route the EGR away from the engine next - seems that will keep it cleaner, even if it won't add more horsepower.

I pulled my egr after the vivid tune and even though I only had about a 150 miles on mine there was already a lot of soot in the egr cooler. Poor engine had to breath that garbage and I'm glad I got rid of it.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A question for those with the vivid tuning, are you experiencing difficulty with starting and excessive smoke after the upgraded tuning? Just wondering if I need to send my CPU back for second look at the settings---- mine was tuned by Diesel Freaks.
Love the increase in power after tuning though.

I do notice some smoke when it first starts up. First the engine starts easily without any problems even at 25 degrees. There is some smoke at first but it clears up pretty fast.

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So is there any ill affect with more turbo boost on say stock motor or say a vivid one tune say like 19lb verses 7 to 8 lbs I don't now much about this thanks Rick

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So is there any ill affect with more turbo boost on say stock motor or say a vivid one tune say like 19lb verses 7 to 8 lbs I don't now much about this thanks Rick
I spoke to Blake about this because I didn’t want my engine to die sooner. Blake made it clear that they just replicated the software from the thar.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check out "Calibrated Power . com" search Roxor once you get there. My son and I each have one and went with there tune and waste gate valve. Got them done in the middle of September and have had no issue with starting in the cold, parked one out side on some very cold nights just to test cold start, no problem, great tune, They have dyno graphs posted to prove the power, as a mater of fact some ware they posted a race of my sons with stock tune and there own Roxor with the tune. You won't be disapointed.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Check out "Calibrated Power . com" search Roxor once you get there. My son and I each have one and went with there tune and waste gate valve. Got them done in the middle of September and have had no issue with starting in the cold, parked one out side on some very cold nights just to test cold start, no problem, great tune, They have dyno graphs posted to prove the power, as a mater of fact some ware they posted a race of my sons with stock tune and there own Roxor with the tune. You won't be disapointed.

I checked Calibrated Power. They should work on their pricing. It's A LOT more than I paid.

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I looked at calibrated powers tune the 115rwhp one looks pretty good full power for long time and ex temp was 1530 with turbo boost valve not bad from what im learning whats vivids power tune numbers only thing on the 115 tune is clutch probs maybe?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes clutch is a problem for all of us that have tuned are Roxor's. I know DF has a ceramic friction disk but that is not a complete fix. My son's and i have been building performance cars and trucks for years and normaly do ones with manual transmissions. A performance clutch kit with a ceramic friction disc will include a pressure plate with higher than stock clamping force. True ceramic will grab better but without the correct pressure plate you are putting a lot of heat on the fly wheel due to poor clamping force. Ill bet a new fly wheel is not cheap. If you go to the Valor wed site and just look at the clutch options for the "Mighty Cummins"
you can get an idea of the different friction disk materials and the pressure plate force. As of now I am waiting for a complete kit, do it right the first time, and I know of a good source that is working on this right now. I have already signed up for two kits once the testing is complete. By the way when we tuned ours, PC warned us about the possible slipping of the clutch with spirited driving.

Reactions: SMH

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for that is 1530 a little high for ex temps on that tune you have or am I not understanding ther tune and temps at long hard runs there showing don't want to burn pistons iv seen it in cummins turned up

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes EGT's are higher than i like. Would be nice to know the EGT's for the other tunes out there so we can compare. We have a lot of unanswered questions. I have looked at the part diagrams, at the Roxor site, and have not seen oil squirters for the pistons. Without oil squirters we are at risk of failed pistons with high EGT's. For those of us who push are Cummins power up we are lucky for the oil squirters, most piston failuars are pre oil squiters. This is true with the SRT 4 as well it has oil squirters and cast pistons, I have seen EGT's of 1800 without piston failing. Anyhow i believe turbo upgrades will be coming out soon, and what better way to reduce EGT's and keep power. Bigger exhaust will help some as well, I see a couple places have 2 1/2 inch kits, but they must be made of gold for that much money, hell i put 5 inch turbo back on my truck for like $350.00.
My son and i are planing to tear the exhaust of one of ours and try to fit 3 inch turbo back. We were able to fit 3 inch exhaust on a 1986 GLH and that was really tight.

As far as tune pricing, my son and i were the first to get the CP tune, "Beta test" you could say, we have had no issue. With the power we have and lack of cold start problems seems like paying a little extra was worth it. If i have read correctly the other people, with that much power have stopped selling there tune due to problems. So i am OK with an extra hundred bucks, tunes are not something i can fix at home so get it right the first time!!

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dirt Legal also got into the Tuning for the Roxor. Stage 1 & 2, speed removal, and EGR delete. But i don’t know if outsource it, because their online store is links to the other sites for Roxor stuff.

3ABBE5CD-2CD8-4C7E-806F-9F99E797C647.jpeg

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK but there is something wrong. The stage 2 shows 168.88 nm of torque, If i calculated it right that comes to about 120 lbf. But even if that is 168 lb.'s thats about a 100 less than the CP tune. I am i seeing this right?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not only that but look at the RPM scale, I will not push a this diesel to 3750 rpm to get peek Hp. For 98% of us its torque that matters, Hp is nothing more than a calculation based on torque and rpm.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not only that but look at the RPM scale, I will not push a this diesel to 3750 rpm to get peek Hp. For 98% of us its torque that matters, Hp is nothing more than a calculation based on torque and rpm.
Agree.

Rockaberry

sandyx

Founding Member
Speedometer is basicly useless above 50 or so from what I read somewhere......wont go higher even if its remapped. So disconnecting the sensor will work for me...I will get past the breakin point and do it then. Correct me if I misunderstood the artical I was reading on this.

Pulling sensor won't work anymore starting 2019 model year. It will go into limp mode. Meters are plugged around 55mph mark. Pull it out once flashed and the needle will go further. The unlocked vehicle is capable of 70mph+ on open roads.