ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

Rockaberry

Pulling sensor won't work anymore starting 2019 model year. It will go into limp mode. Meters are plugged around 55mph mark. Pull it out once flashed and the needle will go further. The unlocked vehicle is capable of 70mph+ on open roads.
Pull the plug? Is there a video for doing this?

sandyx

Founding Member
Pull the plug? Is there a video for doing this?
Plug here means the needle stopper on the meter dial, the lil stub. But that would involve opening up the speedo. This is as per a post somewhere on this forum itself.

Johnroxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The last thing I'd want is a tuning product that made me beholden to a 3rd party. In that sense I'd rather buy a tool that allowed me to tune instead of a pre-tuned widget. I'm also not keen on "black boxes" that need to remain in place to function.

At this juncture I'm much more fond of the idea of removing the CommonRail system entirely and putting in a mechanical pump. Whether I do this at first sign of injector/pcm failure or in the near future is likely dependent on how quickly the tuning market matures.

Has anyone figured out how to go back to a mechanical pump

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've been digging into this. I doubt it's been done yet, but it's def in my future. I plan on owning this rig for a LONG time, and "many single points of failure" + "several layers of plausible planned obsolescence" + long term ownership just don't mix.

I did end up tuning the ECU. I like the tune, mostly for the speed limiter removal and EGR disable.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I guess by now there are several company's are making tuners. I had mine done before I picked it up. I will pin the needle and I have yet to take it to max rpm in 5th or for that matter in any gear. Torque is amazing. Be careful until you get used to it. Out on trails I hardly ever touch the throttle. Just let it idle and give it the next gear, it will just pick it up and maintain 850 rpm. It will break the tears loose in 3rd on a gravel road. Rears that is. And that is just by giving it throttle. The rear is light, it will try to catch the front end