ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
https://www.chipexpress.com/products/mahindra/ROXOR/diesel-chip-tuning-boxes/5738/ Just found this, apparently out of the UK. Works out to roughly 450 USD or 600 CAD. Max numbers of 82hp and 200ft lbs. Doesn't say anything about the speed limiter though. For some reason the link won't work because the forum automatically takes the word Roxor and caps all the letters. So if you copy and paste and lower case the word"roxor" it works just fine. Or google it. Free shipping right now as well it states.

Last edited:

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
https://www.chipexpress.com/products/mahindra/ROXOR/diesel-chip-tuning-boxes/5738/ Just found this, apparently out of the UK. Works out to roughly 450 USD or 600 CAD. Max numbers of 82hp and 200ft lbs. Doesn't say anything about the speed limiter though. For some reason the link won't work because the forum automatically takes the word ROXOR and caps all the letters. So if you copy and paste and lower case the word"ROXOR" it works just fine. Or google it. Free shipping right now as well it states.
They must of just added the Roxor because it wasn’t on their last week when I looked.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'd try it out. Totally adjustable, cheaper and easy to move from one vehicle to the next. Although I wish it had the limiter removed. More time will merit more options.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I value the speed limit MUCH more than any extra power. The vehicle does not need any more power for road usage. It does need more speed.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We currently have a stage 1 tune released . Waiting on a stronger clutch set up to release stage 2 and 3 tuning. We have two clutch manufacturers working on this for us. We also have two different turbo upgrade options, along with bigger pump and injector options. We have already logged several hours of dyno testing and are very excited about the performance that is achievable with the ROXOR.

I’m very interested in the tuning options you have. What is the best way to contact you?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would like to ad that since my Rox was “ tuned” the shift points have changed , which makes traveling everywhere in 4x4 low range.. exception is paved county roads then 55 works well, no real need for fifth gear. As well , 1st gear is not needed ether except when pulling a trailer heavy load etc. ......a very long legged vehicle.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would like to ad that since my Rox was “ tuned” the shift points have changed , which makes traveling everywhere in 4x4 low range.. exception is paved county roads then 55 works well, no real need for fifth gear. As well , 1st gear is not needed ether except when pulling a trailer heavy load etc. ......a very long legged vehicle.
Did you get a diesel freaks tune? I think I’ll be heading there tomorrow with my ECU.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
U
Did you get a diesel freaks tune? I think I’ll be heading there tomorrow with my ECU.
well , I should know what is going on, dealer did not give a name...everyone around here is tight mouth it seems
They put on windshield ,turn sig. and the tune, .......?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
U

well , I should know what is going on, dealer did not give a name...everyone around here is tight mouth it seems
They put on windshield ,turn sig. and the tune, .......?
Seems like there is a lot of that going on, I was quoted $1,200 for a limited slip diff but when I mentioned it was $340 from the factory they offered it to me for $400.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes , lots to work out as we all adjust , dealers too. I ordered a glass windshield w / wipers, waiting for arrival.......from dealer from an after market . 800.00 plus glass. Trade in factory windshield 400.00. Will see in a few days.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seems like there is a lot of that going on, I was quoted $1,200 for a limited slip diff but when I mentioned it was $340 from the factory they offered it to me for $400.
Do you have a part number or any info on the limited slip?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seems I remember, back in the cobwebs of my mind , that Jeep once had a 2 speed rear , I thought at the time it would be like a Columbia Ford set up only electric operated not vacuum. Anyone have any thoughts .?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The last thing I'd want is a tuning product that made me beholden to a 3rd party. In that sense I'd rather buy a tool that allowed me to tune instead of a pre-tuned widget. I'm also not keen on "black boxes" that need to remain in place to function.

At this juncture I'm much more fond of the idea of removing the CommonRail system entirely and putting in a mechanical pump. Whether I do this at first sign of injector/pcm failure or in the near future is likely dependent on how quickly the tuning market matures.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is it confirmed the D44 version works out-of-box on our diffs?
Yes and no, some shims are needed and possibly a spacer. Wyatt from westfab/on the rox can get you set up. They have installed both a spartan locker and a auburn LSD in their roxors. I did the spartan locker in the rear ( freaking love it) and will soon be doing the auburn in the front. Steve at westfab is a gear guru and can answer any technical questions you have. Tell em Sonny sent yah:)

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner