ooooooooooo

ECU Tuning

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
U

well , I should know what is going on, dealer did not give a name...everyone around here is tight mouth it seems
They put on windshield ,turn sig. and the tune, .......?
Thank you very much, I have ordered one and will let everyone know the results. I do think this will be a good happy medium for most of us and definitely wish it had been a factory option. One other thing I hope they offer will be options for gearing. I think the 3.73 was a little tall, and a 4:10 or 4:56 would be good options for most uses or a taller diameter tire.

Can agree big time on the gearing. Been on the two tracks over a week, picking berries .i just leave it in second gear with transfer gear in low. Works ok in woods,but on gravel and paved ..second,third forth no difference, like an automatic !

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Further thoughts on gearing. Does anyone think there could be harm leaving in 4 low all the time ? This thing has so much power to the wheels it will fishtail faster then a New York min., and that’s any gear I try,except 5th and first because of RPMs too high......and my driveway climbs a mountian driveway, near 45 degrees. Guess I need to try shift points to rpms in all these gears and record them. The other thing, the ROX does not use much fuel, it’s amazing! ...Some how I need to slow down this sprinter. Would be interesting to see on a Dino, maybe......

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went down to Diesel Freak yesterday with my ECU and got their stage 1 tune. The Roxor is definitely a lot nicer now with a little more power and that pesky speed limiter removed. I recorded 69 mph before on gps with just the speed sensor removed and now I had it up to 75 mph with the tune and I know I could get a little more out of it.

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
I went down to Diesel Freak yesterday with my ECU and got their stage 1 tune. The ROXOR is definitely a lot nicer now with a little more power and that pesky speed limiter removed. I recorded 69 mph before on gps with just the speed sensor removed and now I had it up to 75 mph with the tune and I know I could get a little more out of it.
Very nice. Sounds like thats just what the doc ordered.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
D
I went down to Diesel Freak yesterday with my ECU and got their stage 1 tune. The ROXOR is definitely a lot nicer now with a little more power and that pesky speed limiter removed. I recorded 69 mph before on gps with just the speed sensor removed and now I had it up to 75 mph with the tune and I know I could get a little more out of it.
Did your tune, effect shift points . ? Sure did on mine.......made everything magnified , and longer legged, dealer had same done too his, he felt the same feeling I did.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
D

Did your tune, effect shift points . ? Sure did on mine.......made everything magnified , and longer legged, dealer had same done too his, he felt the same feeling I did.
Definitely can use 4th and most of 5th gear now. I’m liking that it’ll actually pull in 5th at 50 mph.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Definitely can use 4th and most of 5th gear now. I’m liking that it’ll actually pull in 5th at 50 mph.
Which is great on the highway, but in the woods it’s not. I know we all are trying to get these Rozor legal on highways,that’s great, however they Were designed for off road machine trails ......in the slow lane.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Which is great on the highway, but in the woods it’s not. I know we all are trying to get these Rozor legal on highways,that’s great, however they Were designed for off road machine trails ......in the slow lane.
Remember they are basically a Thar so there road worthiness is only limited by legalities not the machines limitation.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got my disel freak tune done and back today in the mail. I hooked up my ecu (3 min job) and took her for a test spin. YO DISEL FREAKS, YOU GUYS ROCK!it finally feels the way this machine should . I took her up a steep steep hill on our road. In stock configuration I had to shift down to second gear half way up and I continued to decelerate even though it was floored till I crested the hill at 15 mph and 1100 rmp and the engin was complaining the whole way. With the stage 1 tune I had to let off the gas in 3rd half way up the hill because it was just screaming up and I was going too fast, I slowed down, hit the gas in 3rd again and watched the tac climb from 1200 rpm to 1900 rpm and 38 mph at the crest with the vehicle accelerating hard the whole way! Now I can get this thing plated even if I have to do it in a slightly less restrictive state than where I live. On rolling highways it holds right at 58 to 60 mph with no problem at all (about 1800 rpm) with the stage 1 tune this little buggy is every bit as road worthy as the person behind the wheel even if it dosnt run on strawberry douche and have a minimum of 39 air bags in the cabin:) I don't know what all of us roxor owners will do if the government can't dictate what is or isn't safe for us to drive :)

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Remember they are basically a Thar so there road worthiness is only limited by legalities not the machines limitation.

A Thar “? Never heard of that. Any vehicle that surives the turmol of daily life in thethe ztinds
Just got my disel freak tune done and back today in the mail. I hooked up my ecu (3 min job) and took her for a test spin. YO DISEL FREAKS, YOU GUYS ROCK!it finally feels the way this machine should . I took her up a steep steep hill on our road. In stock configuration I had to shift down to second gear half way up and I continued to decelerate even though it was floored till I crested the hill at 15 mph and 1100 rmp and the engin was complaining the whole way. With the stage 1 tune I had to let off the gas in 3rd half way up the hill because it was just screaming up and I was going too fast, I slowed down, hit the gas in 3rd again and watched the tac climb from 1200 rpm to 1900 rpm and 38 mph at the crest with the vehicle accelerating hard the whole way! Now I can get this thing plated even if I have to do it in a slightly less restrictive state than where I live. On rolling highways it holds right at 58 to 60 mph with no problem at all (about 1800 rpm) with the stage 1 tune this little buggy is every bit as road worthy as the person behind the wheel even if it dosnt run on strawberry douche and have a minimum of 39 air bags in the cabin:) I don't know what all of us ROXOR owners will do if the government can't dictate what is or isn't safe for us to drive :)
this little diesel still needs to be gearded down.
Just got my disel freak tune done and back today in the mail. I hooked up my ecu (3 min job) and took her for a test spin. YO DISEL FREAKS, YOU GUYS ROCK!it finally feels the way this machine should . I took her up a steep steep hill on our road. In stock configuration I had to shift down to second gear half way up and I continued to decelerate even though it was floored till I crested the hill at 15 mph and 1100 rmp and the engin was complaining the whole way. With the stage 1 tune I had to let off the gas in 3rd half way up the hill because it was just screaming up and I was going too fast, I slowed down, hit the gas in 3rd again and watched the tac climb from 1200 rpm to 1900 rpm and 38 mph at the crest with the vehicle accelerating hard the whole way! Now I can get this thing plated even if I have to do it in a slightly less restrictive state than where I live. On rolling highways it holds right at 58 to 60 mph with no problem at all (about 1800 rpm) with the stage 1 tune this little buggy is every bit as road worthy as the person behind the wheel even if it dosnt run on strawberry douche and have a minimum of 39 air bags in the cabin:) I don't know what all of us ROXOR owners will do if the government can't dictate what is or isn't safe for us to drive :)
I doubt there is a far comparison between my Porsche 911 , and the simplistic little Roxor that sits aside in my garage. As far as safe , the demand for seat belts has saved thousands of lives over the years. The Rox has seatbelts and few other government involvements. . The basics are just common knowledge , off road or I ought.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A Thar “? Never heard of that.” .
Look under the vehicle or hood most of your parts say Thar or Bolero, it’s what the vehicle is based off of

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On some products the 60 percent rule applies, meaning in order to say it’s “ made in America” 60 percent of the car must be made here. There a lot of rules , it becomes confusing at times as a result with all the exceptions. Not sure where the Roxor fits in this. It’s all up to the TSA to determine the rules. I am aware of the plant in Michigan which could be just an assembly I guess. .?

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It seems like a good all around tune. Dave said it’ll be a two week turn around and the tune will provide 80-85 hp. There will be a speed limiter removal option and have speed corrections for tire size. Maybe this tune will make 5th gear usable but that would make the factory windshield unusable at speed(it bows really bad around 65).
They need a “half” windshield as an option

dieselfreak

Founding Member
Vendor
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That’s awesome!! We now have a stronger clutch and stage 2 & 3 tuning should be ready soon.

dieselfreak

Founding Member
Vendor
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes there will be a discount, We are not exactly sure what that will be but probably half price.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are these PCMs locked, requiring physical PCB pin games to unlock? It appears so.