ooooooooooo

Climax Offroad Long Travel Suspension Kits

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Max A. how is your shop coming along? Any ETA on the kits?
Unfortunately I wanted to be completely up and running by the end of march but that is not going to happen. They pushed my delivery date back and I cant get a revised delivery date on the new plasma table. I'm pretty upset with this company.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Another roxor done with stock height YJ springs.

His Email:

"Hey max! Finally got my kit on and driving it and wanted send you some
pics maybe you could add them in that long travel forum I found online.
I did your lift with stock height springs and their was another guy in
Texas that posted his shocks with the same stock height springs with
heavy duty 6 leaf rears and was hoping you could add this in share my
pics and say how great the ride is I love this new ride!! Also didn’t
have to extend the front drive shaft it didn’t move enough to worry
and I added the longer brake lines from ceccos website your the man
max!!"

IMG-3215.jpg

IMG-3214.jpg

IMG-3216.jpg

IMG-3217.jpg

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately I wanted to be completely up and running by the end of march but that is not going to happen. They pushed my delivery date back and I cant get a revised delivery date on the new plasma table. I'm pretty upset with this company.
Well that sucks! What table did you go with? I bought one about 6 months ago and I'm afraid I should have spend the extra $5k to get a little bit better one.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
New plasma table will be here this week! Give me a couple weekends to get it wired, set up, and broken in. I’m sure there will be a bit of a learning curve to get it dialed in to were I’m happy with the quality to start kicking kits out to you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice, you’re going to like that table.

I have over 30 miles of torch movement logged on my 24x24 table lol she is beat! But that little Langmuir never let me down.

Ctdf84

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Max A,
What are the pros and cons when do a lift with the reverse front shackle setup? Just wondering your opinion as I am very interested in your long travel setup and if I am cutting and welding anyway if you think it's worth it, and if so if it's something you have thought about offering as an option.

New to the roxor, not to modifying most everything I own, like to weigh my options and Hopefully only do it once.

Thanks for what you do and offer in advance.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The 2 main pros to a shackle reversal is the axle path now moves rearward as you hit a bump rather then the axle wanting to move forward into the bump (the reason I almost considered it for my roxor). The second pro is there is potential to gain approach angle when you have springs made the allow for such. unfortunately shackle reversal retrofit kits don't normally have this advantage because to maintain the caster angle they have a big ridged bracket in place of the front shackles.

As for cons, there is a reason that shackle reversal isn't the standard on just about any production vehicle past or present. The main flaws being that the fixed side of the spring being at the font means the amount of drive shaft yoke movement is greatly increased. You loose a great deal of stability on descents as your axle want to roll underneath the vehicle when all of the weight of the vehicle is pushing down on it. This is also the case when braking. As the weight shifts forward, the front of the truck compresses and dives. All of these are exaggerated more with the more arch/travel your springs have.

That being said, it works pretty well on flat springs and slower speeds. The On the Rox Reversal is probably the best riding suspension option next to the long travel kit but it just isn't going to give you the performance that my set up will provide. I certainly would not suggest running a long travel spring with a shackle reversal.

I took the perfect video of a friends jeep to help visualize what I'm talking about. Watch as the axle moves backwards causing the jeep to become unstable and the rear to lift. Once it gets to a point the tire binds at the back of the wheel well making it even harder to drive out of it. This jeep has also broken 2 axle shafts because of tire stuffing.

Last edited:

Ctdf84

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The 2 main pros to a shackle reversal is the axle path now moves rearward as you hit a bump rather then the axle wanting to move forward into the bump (the reason I almost considered it for my roxor). The second pro is there is potential to gain approach angle when you have springs made the allow for such. unfortunately shackle reversal retrofit kits don't normally have this advantage because to maintain the caster angle they have a big ridged bracket in place of the front shackles.

As for cons, there is a reason that shackle reversal isn't the standard on just about any production vehicle past or present. The main flaws being that the fixed side of the spring being at the font means the amount of drive shaft yoke movement is greatly increased. You loose a great deal of stability on descents as your axle want to roll underneath the vehicle when all of the weight of the vehicle is pushing down on it. This is also the case when braking. As the weight shifts forward, the front of the truck compresses and dives. All of these are exaggerated more with the more arch/travel your springs have.

That being said, it works pretty well on flat springs and slower speeds. The On the Rox Reversal is probably the best riding suspension option next to the long travel kit but it just isn't going to give you the performance that my set up will provide. I certainly would not suggest running a long travel spring with a shackle reversal.

I took the perfect video of a friends jeep to help visualize what I'm talking about. Watch as the axle moves backwards causing the jeep to become unstable and the rear to lift. Once it gets to a point the tire binds at the back of the wheel well making it even harder to drive out of it. This jeep has also broken 2 axle shafts because of tire stuffing.

Your explanation of the suspension working is great.
Thanks for the reply, info and video. Hopefully you get back up fabricating soon .
Thanks for all your knowledge. Now I get to add more stuff to do to my list. ?

Ctdf84

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just wondering if anyone has ever used Old Man Emu springs for a YJ and if they would give a better ride and/or flex any better, back when I ran a suzuki samurai they were one of they better springs available . Any thoughts?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s funny you mention OME samurai springs… They did t hold up at all for me on my samurai but I was pretty tough on them. I’d fear OME springs would be a bit on the soft side.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will put this out there…. BDS springs absolutely will not work with this kit. They are wayyyy to soft.