ooooooooooo

Long Distance Road Trip

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow! that was a trip! You got me to thinking that using back roads I could get to Missoula MT, normally an hour trip, I will see what it will take in the Rox.

I picked mine up in Late April this year, 2019 with 1900 miles on it. Now at 4500, I use the thing all over the mountains and for running around our little area. I love it. Only a few mods but I need to finish my 90 Ford F250 7.3 IDI Diesel rebuild and this winter the Roxor will get some upgrades.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
100% correct on those seats. Currently looking for a replacement for them
Glad to hear You are looking for better seats. I drove from Prescott AZ to our cabin east of Cedar City Utah and it was 438 miles. Only stopped to pee. started at 1 am and no one on the roads until Lee’s Ferry over the Colorado. My back and butt reported in North of Flagstaff and never stopped hurting until two days later. Don’t think I’ll ever do that again.

dog

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Beautiful country. I went to college in Cedar City and worked at Mt Holly out of Beaver UT.

My stock seats were canted too far forward for my taste so I loosened the bolts from inside the lock box and added 3 washers to the front bolts and still had room to get the nut fully on the seat hold down bolt. It made a big difference for me.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you for the tip and I will try it. Ingenious.

I grew up in Vegas but My Boy Scout Troop would spend three weeks every summer at Puffer Lake just up the road from Mt Holly if my memory serves.

We live here from May to October at just shy of 8K‘ and it is glorious. Beautiful views of the Valley out to 84 miles on a clear day and there are many of them. Prescott in the winter is very mild.

The picture is the meadow above our cabin and belongs to our HOA. Cedar City area is as close to heaven as it gets.

Best regards,

Greg

IMG_0233.jpeg

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow, Yes, Puffer Lake is just up the road. I drove to Vegas last April and on the way spent the night with an old college buddy I used to work with at Mt Holly and now has a condo there. Still many feet of snow at the time but he took me to Puffer Lake which by the way was for sale at the time. Nothing I remembered was the same however, I was at Puffer as a kid in the late 60's. Beautiful country still, you note brings back many fond memories.