ooooooooooo

Climax Offroad Long Travel Suspension Kits

Fallacy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All completed, very nice suspension action.
Ended up being a huge project, the suspension itself was very straight forward and went easily.
While I had it down I added 4.56 R&P‘s and a pair of Detroit Trutracs, 30 spline axles on both ends, RX41 turbo, EGT gauge, oil pressure, water temp, volt gauge, topped it off with a set of 285/75-16 tires.
Nice power increase, suspension change was well worth the cost and effort and it’s nice to have all the system monitoring with all the gauges. The ride changed enough that the wife is even happy.

CE900A74-54F8-4484-BFD8-1162FD5E97A1.jpeg

1CABC50C-7EEB-4364-B556-9CD82F9942B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All completed, very nice suspension action.
Ended up being a huge project, the suspension itself was very straight forward and went easily.
While I had it down I added 4.56 R&P‘s and a pair of Detroit Trutracs, 30 spline axles on both ends, RX41 turbo, EGT gauge, oil pressure, water temp, volt gauge, topped it off with a set of 285/75-16 tires.
Nice power increase, suspension change was well worth the cost and effort and it’s nice to have all the system monitoring with all the gauges. The ride changed enough that the wife is even happy.

View attachment 11023

View attachment 11024

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lebers driven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I have the bmf spring over kit but I’m already itching for more travel and ride quality. I do like my ride height though so I was wondering if all the bigger upgraded steering from the spring over kit would work with the max travel suspension if I got 4.5 inch springs. The spring over kit says it lifts you 5.5 inches

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes you can keep the BMF steering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leslie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well finally got Max’s long travel kit installed. Since my Roxor is 100% ranch use I did not want a high lift as I am constantly getting on and off the Roxor when doing things spraying brush using a wand while driving then getting out to spray other areas not reachable while driving. I did have the Climax front and rear shackles installed with 255/35/R16 tires. This was all the lift I wanted.

For this reason I went with standard height YJ spring getting 1.5” of lift from the long travel kit which is slightly lower than the lift using the Climax shackles by about ¾ to 1”. I used leaf springs from General Spring rated at 840 lbs for the front and 1,080 lbs for the rear (sprayer carried in the back has 55 Gal capacity). Another reason for standard height springs is that it allows me to use the original front drive shaft and brake lines.

For shocks I went with the KYB shocks highly rated on this forum which are the 343403 front, 344015 rear. Before I started with the long travel kit I installed the shocks first and they are a definite improvement over OEM shocks.

Install was not difficult as my son helped with the front and I did the rears by myself. Since I am in the middle of nowhere in S. Texas the hardest thing was to find appropriate leaf spring bushing and bolts. Amazon to the rescue and local auto part stores did not have what is needed.

First test drive…definite improvement! Regular ranch road travel was much smoother and when I was heading for the creek bottom for the real test I came around a corner and upon a washout and had that “oh sh*t” feeling and I knew this was going to be a hard hit. The long travel soaked up the hit.

Only problem I had is that while testing in the creek bottom at speeds I normally do not travel I was having tire rub when hitting deep washouts. So for 99.9% of my use the tire rub will not be an issue. I did check the Cecco site and it seems they no longer sell the body lift spacers as this could be a fix for this issue.

On other issue is I have about a ¼” lean to the driver’s side. I checked that all brackets are flush to the frame after drilling and bolting. And the 2” spring bushings welded to the frame are equal from left to right as I really watched this while drilling those 2” holes. I did loosen all spring bolts and rocked the vehicle but that did not help. Maybe the springs will settle over time?

Conclusion…installing the kit is defiantly worth it and my back will thank me after driving over rough pastures and ranch roads. Let me know if anyone has questions.

IMG_4716.jpg

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Going to try somthing new. Here is a link to be added to the wait list for a kit. I will work through the list as I can.

Let me know if something doesn't work with the form. I've never tried anything like this before.

Those that are already on the list... please fill the form out anyway and I will move your name to the top

Leslie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Question on the steering stabilizer after installing the long travel kit. it seems the angle from the frame mount to the steering linkage mount is too great and I cannot reinstall the stabilizer. It seems like the frame mount has to be modified to be lower. Anyone else run into this? Thanks

Plainsman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Max, what is your current price on these kits? They look great.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Question on the steering stabilizer after installing the long travel kit. it seems the angle from the frame mount to the steering linkage mount is too great and I cannot reinstall the stabilizer. It seems like the frame mount has to be modified to be lower. Anyone else run into this? Thanks
Nope. My stabilizer is still in place. No issues. I have 2.5" RCE springs.