ooooooooooo

Tailgate problems! Help!

Calebp

I just got home with my new roxor and the tailgate will not open. I’m assuming there’s a lock on it but I haven’t messed with it much yet. Any ideas?

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The little pull knob on the top right next to the opening.

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Lol...
When I test drove one in the summer my dealer said the tailgate was broken. Said they had parts on order and would fix it for free once they came in.
I went and unlocked it and..... it opened right up.
Hahahah.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Lol...
When I test drove one in the summer my dealer said the tailgate was broken. Said they had parts on order and would fix it for free once they came in.
Hahahah.

that's some funny stuff right there!

B

Bister

Lol...
Hahahah.

I want to know what parts they ordered. :unsure:

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hmm, I didn't know you could lock it. I'll have to look a bit closer. I did notice this wire loop looking thing which I thought was odd.

General

Founding Member
Hmm, I didn't know you could lock it. I'll have to look a bit closer. I did notice this wire loop looking thing which I thought was odd.
The loop you pull sideways to open the latch from sitting in the back, because if you have a top on it then you can't reach the outside lever.
There's another up-down pull knob which locks it, just like older cars with manual lock knobs on the top of the doors (up is unlocked, down is locked).

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
my lock appears to be stuck in the up and unlocked position. Is there a secret to pushing down the lock to lock it?

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Rhino lining has it glued in place. Remove it and scrape the plastic clean. Place the tuner grommet back on and reinstall

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is exactly the same!
To close it tightly I have to slam it shut - really hard, and then it is hard to open . To open open it then you have to press/squeeze the opening handle very hard. My better half can't do it.
If I don't slam it shut it will close, but not tightly, and then it rattles. I've considered putting a piece of foam or rubber along the edge so it doesn't rattle, but it wouldn't really be closed tightly. Like others, I don't see anything to adjust.
Maybe after enough slamming (old GI "brogan maintenance" - swift kick) it will loosen up. Then again the mechanism may break.
Hoping someone come up with a solution?
Would adjusting or shimming the hinge side work?

B

Bister

Mine is exactly the same!
To close it tightly I have to slam it shut - really hard, and then it is hard to open . To open open it then you have to press/squeeze the opening handle very hard. My better half can't do it.
If I don't slam it shut it will close, but not tightly, and then it rattles. I've considered putting a piece of foam or rubber along the edge so it doesn't rattle, but it wouldn't really be closed tightly. Like others, I don't see anything to adjust.
Maybe after enough slamming (old GI "brogan maintenance" - swift kick) it will loosen up. Then again the mechanism may break.
Hoping someone come up with a solution?
Would adjusting or shimming the hinge side work?
Loosen the striker from the inside the left fender well and move it out very slightly. That's is where the adjustment is.

B

Bister

my lock appears to be stuck in the up and unlocked position. Is there a secret to pushing down the lock to lock it?
I think mine is the same, I never really tried to move it since the day I got, but I'm sure its stuck now. Can't help you more than that.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes! I bet that will do it. I'll try that tomorrow.
BTW - I read your tip on how to remove the switch cover plates on the dash and I finally got them off the other day. It was still a bugger to do though, and even though I taped all around the opening I still ended up using some flat black paint and a pencil brush to touch up my scuff marks.
Thanks Bister, once again you're the "go to" guy for these Roxor glitches :)!

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Loosen the striker from the inside the left fender well and move it out very slightly. That's is where the adjustment is.
I'll try this in the morning. I tried everything else. Honestly, I don't see this working, but its worth a shot.