ooooooooooo

tailgate

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HI! On the tailgate I know the four square bolt holes are for the spare tire bracket, what are the three triangular shaped bolt holes for? thanks

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Daddyflea I was having a problem sending you an answer. The short answer, for rubber bumpers to support the spare tire from rubbing or moving. Not supplied by factory.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Daddyflea I was having a problem sending you an answer. The short answer, for rubber bumpers to support the spare tire from rubbing or moving. Not supplied by factory.
Great now something else to buy and I just ordered a spare tire kit.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure you need these rubber bumpers.

Depending on the size tire you mount on the carrier, there may be a gap between the bumper mounts and rubber of the tire. A 235-wide tire (stock) will leave an about 1/4 gap.

On my Roxor that has a 285-wide tire on the carrier, I needed about 3/4" more space. I mounted the spacer between the spare tire and the tailgate to create.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Not sure you need these rubber bumpers.

Depending on the size tire you mount on the carrier, there may be a gap between the bumper mounts and rubber of the tire. A 235-wide tire (stock) will leave an about 1/4 gap.

On my Roxor that has a 285-wide tire on the carrier, I needed about 3/4" more space. I mounted the spacer between the spare tire and the tailgate to create.
No surprise Sherwood Tractor canceled my Spare Tire Kit order said they could not get the parts, and my Roxor broke down yesterday anyway. This thing is really getting on my last nerve.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi I bought the bracket only and I am going to build mine from scratch. rim, used tire and i'm going to get the roxor tire cover for laughs

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those rubber bumpers are needed for any tire back there. my old Jeep had them. I had to modify them when I swapped tires and wheels as they no longer touched the tire. The purpose is for the tire to rest against them and by doing so it stops any flex on the mount cause by the tire hanging unsupported. In time the flexing will eventually end up cracking either the tailgate or the carrier bracket, or both.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If the tailgate was made from just sheet metal, I would be concerned aboit cracks. I agree that the rubber stoppers would be needed in that case.

The spare tire mount bolts to 1.5 x 3/4 (about) square tubing on the Roxor tailgate. Vertical, horizontal, and cross brace design. The four bolts are about 5/16 (whatever the metric equivalent is, 8mm maybe?). This is rock solid construction. One of my Roxors has 3K miles on it, the other 2K miles. The tailgates are straigt and square.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know the part numbers for these rubber bumpers or some after market equivalent that will work with the Roxor factory spare tire mount?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Basically, depending on the space that you have between the tire and the tailgate, you're looking for a piece of rubber that will fill in the gap. Check this out....there are multiple sizes and shapes that you can customize. Do a google search for #6045390....nobody will see it, it will be behind the tire and you just customize it to fit.

102_0292.JPG 102_0291.JPG