ooooooooooo

OFFICIAL: What did you do to your Roxor today?

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sasquatch what is the Clunk that you are referring to, and what is "The Cure" for it.
Does this have to do with your Front Locker?
I am sure that I have read about your issue, but I do not remember what it was.

Bob R

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sasquatch what is the Clunk that you are referring to, and what is "The Cure" for it.
Does this have to do with your Front Locker?
I am sure that I have read about your issue, but I do not remember what it was.

Bob R
@Bob R1 "The Cure" can be found here --> The Cure! for Jeep (CJ/YJ/TJ /XJ)

I had a clunking noise when I turned the wheel, and it turned out to be the drag link tie rod end "clunking up and down". I had my wife turn the wheel and I watched it. I should have taken a video of it. Regardless, I knew about "The Cure" for old Jeeps with Y-Link steering and knew I needed it. Works exactly as it should!

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Took a ride to the fishing hole. Didn't put a pole in but just enjoyed the ride. Took the old highway, built through a swamp back in the 30's and came back on the 4lane at 60. Amazing how it handles. Grew up with a 1942 military lol, what a difference. Turning 2000rpm at 60mph is perfect.

I might add. I have moved back to Washington st. Is where I grew up and I miss the trees and climate here.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am back. I took a small break due to my Satellite Modem taking a dump. Viasat is now back up and running.

SEPTEMBER 2024

FRONT BUMPER

I have my Front Bumper Installed. I did not end up going Cecco Racing on the front bumper as I had originally planned. I picked up a 42" section of 5" Channel and a couple 1/4" x 2" X 6" straps for the end caps. Pipe Plus in Willow Springs cut the 5" Channel on a Band Saw on both ends to it was Square for the project. I had Willis Garage in Summersville Weld the end on the Channel. I have a One Inch X Two Inch Tab on the bottom on both ends of the Bumper to keep a Farm Jack from sliding off the bumper ends.
I painted the new Bumper with some AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) Flat Black Bumper Paint that I had left over from my Wrangler MOAB Bumper Chop. I applied Clear Coat over the Black Paint. The only hard part of the build is drilling the EIGHT Mounting holes in the Bumper in the right places.

TORQ LOCKER
I finally got Rocky in the shop to have the Torq Locker installed in the back. It seems to be doing better as I put more miles on it. It is way better behaved on Grass/Dirt/Gravel Roads than Black Top. It seems to be getting better about not Popping loudly on tight turns. I had serious thoughts about taking it back out to start with. However it seems to be getting over the Loud Pops turning. I will probably slow down driving Rocky to town for the next few months due to cold weather and so far no Doors or Heater/Defroster. This will get more break in miles on the unit while not on Black Top making tight turns.

PARTS ON ORDER
I made an order with Roxor Parts Direct.
3/4" HD Shackles
HD D Ring 4 Bolt Mount (Shackle Mount)
4 New Bumper Bolts (I am very impressed that they carried the needed Bumper Bolts)
Hood Mount for the Hi Lift Jack.

I will keep you posted on how the Order goes.

Now I will need to get in gear on the Hi Lift Jack Clean up project. The Plan is to paint it OD Green.

Bob R

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am back. I took a small break due to my Satellite Modem taking a dump. Viasat is now back up and running.

SEPTEMBER 2024

FRONT BUMPER

I have my Front Bumper Installed. I did not end up going Cecco Racing on the front bumper as I had originally planned. I picked up a 42" section of 5" Channel and a couple 1/4" x 2" X 6" straps for the end caps. Pipe Plus in Willow Springs cut the 5" Channel on a Band Saw on both ends to it was Square for the project. I had Willis Garage in Summersville Weld the end on the Channel. I have a One Inch X Two Inch Tab on the bottom on both ends of the Bumper to keep a Farm Jack from sliding off the bumper ends.
I painted the new Bumper with some AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) Flat Black Bumper Paint that I had left over from my Wrangler MOAB Bumper Chop. I applied Clear Coat over the Black Paint. The only hard part of the build is drilling the EIGHT Mounting holes in the Bumper in the right places.

TORQ LOCKER
I finally got Rocky in the shop to have the Torq Locker installed in the back. It seems to be doing better as I put more miles on it. It is way better behaved on Grass/Dirt/Gravel Roads than Black Top. It seems to be getting better about not Popping loudly on tight turns. I had serious thoughts about taking it back out to start with. However it seems to be getting over the Loud Pops turning. I will probably slow down driving Rocky to town for the next few months due to cold weather and so far no Doors or Heater/Defroster. This will get more break in miles on the unit while not on Black Top making tight turns.

PARTS ON ORDER
I made an order with Roxor Parts Direct.
3/4" HD Shackles
HD D Ring 4 Bolt Mount (Shackle Mount)
4 New Bumper Bolts (I am very impressed that they carried the needed Bumper Bolts)
Hood Mount for the Hi Lift Jack.

I will keep you posted on how the Order goes.

Now I will need to get in gear on the Hi Lift Jack Clean up project. The Plan is to paint it OD Green.

Bob R

I'm thinking I'm going to put the Torq locker in the front, would it be the same type of process as the rear (if you know)? Also, can a shade tree mechanic do this install and do you happen to have any instructions/videos?

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you are installing a lunch box locker, that is one that replaces your side gears and spider gears but keeps the differential carrier, then you can do it your self, just follow the included instructions. You will not have to do the hard part which is to set you ring and pinion backlash as you are not changing the carrier or gears. I installed a pair of Torq-Rite lunchbox style lockers many years ago in a front and rear Dana 44, and I did not even have to remove the carrier. Also I switched to Starlink several months ago and absolutely love it. It is much faster, and much more stable than any of the old traditional satellite internet systems and has much lower latency due to the satellites being in much lower orbit.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You should be able to find You Tube Instructions on the install.
I was tempted to do it my self. The shop charged me $255 to put the Torq Locker in the rear.
In the front Dana 44 you will have to have Locking Hubs.

Bob R