ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can pull the block off plate jimmyb sent me and drill it.
Exactly, you can drill and tap the block off plate and reinstall instead of worrying about shavings in the manifold and turbo. If I were better set up for production, I would have sent them out pre drilled and tapped with a plug that way it would be easy for those that want to add a pyro.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looked at a picture of exhaust mainfold, the block off plate is like the perfect location. I would remove it as well.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s minus an egr and all associated parts. Install was easy and no codes!
I have a 2019 Roxor. My dealer offered to send the ECM off for a stage 1 tune and do the egr delete for the same price as I could send off the ECM For tune myself so I said SURE! 1 problem: I have a check engine light on and after installing the dirt legal OBD2 adapter, I have discovered that I have 2 egr problem codes.. luckily for me I guess is that the dealer did the work and he has agreed to figure out how to fix it. Just a heads up though, maybe the 2019 ECM is different.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have complete kits available now! It includes stainless water jet cut plates, coolant block off caps and clamps, vacuum caps to do away with all of the vacuum system that is no longer needed as well as detailed instructions. It’s $100 and includes shipping. You can e-mail me at j.gb25@hotmail.com I have them boxed up and will ship out the same day it’s ordered.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For any of those interested, I have 20 kits left that are boxed up and ready to ship! Once they are gone, I don’t think I will have any more made. A big Thank You to everyone that has purchased one!

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 2019 Roxor. My dealer offered to send the ECM off for a stage 1 tune and do the egr delete for the same price as I could send off the ECM For tune myself so I said SURE! 1 problem: I have a check engine light on and after installing the dirt legal OBD2 adapter, I have discovered that I have 2 egr problem codes.. luckily for me I guess is that the dealer did the work and he has agreed to figure out how to fix it. Just a heads up though, maybe the 2019 ECM is different.
I was wondering if you found out what was causing your trouble codes? I also have a 2019 Roxor. Just had a stage 1 tune done on it and told them to flash for an egr delete at the same time. I installed the block off kit I got from Jimmy B and put the ecm back in and sure enough now I’ve got a light on.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was wondering if you found out what was causing your trouble codes? I also have a 2019 Roxor. Just had a stage 1 tune done on it and told them to flash for an egr delete at the same time. I installed the block off kit I got from Jimmy B and put the ecm back in and sure enough now I’ve got a light on.
I called my powersports dealer and they told me diesel freaks was supposed to flash for EGR delete and called DF for me. They were very apologetic and said they must’ve forgot to do the EGR delete and overnighted me a new ECM with the stage 1 tune AND EGR delete with a return label for the wrong one. Swapped it out and no problems since.

BTW:
I would highly recommend getting the OBD2 whip from dirt legal. I paid $20 for it but have noticed they changed it to $17 since. Prob the best money I’ve spent on the Roxor and very easy install.

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I called my powersports dealer and they told me diesel freaks was supposed to flash for EGR delete and called DF for me. They were very apologetic and said they must’ve forgot to do the EGR delete and overnighted me a new ECM with the stage 1 tune AND EGR delete with a return label for the wrong one. Swapped it out and no problems since.

BTW:
I would highly recommend getting the OBD2 whip from dirt legal. I paid $20 for it but have noticed they changed it to $17 since. Prob the best money I’ve spent on the Roxor and very easy install.
I appreciate the advice. Sounds like you made out pretty well. My situation started out when my local dealer here called me and said they were taking 5-6 ecm’s to “what I’ll call a local tuner” here in Illinois for now and said they could take mine with. I said that’s fine but tell them mine is a 19 so it might be slightly different and I want to do an egr delete. So few days later I get ecm back with a stage 1 tune and install it. Took it out and machine ran great. So the next day I do the egr delete and then I started getting the check engine light on. So I called my tuner and they say it’s flashed for egr delete but not for egr being completely removed. Now I’m waiting to see if they can come up with something to program it for what I’m doing or else my 2nd option is to put egr all back on. Not sure what the other companies are doing right now for the 19’s but now I’m kinda stuck with these guys with the $ I’ve already got into it.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I appreciate the advice. Sounds like you made out pretty well. My situation started out when my local dealer here called me and said they were taking 5-6 ecm’s to “what I’ll call a local tuner” here in Illinois for now and said they could take mine with. I said that’s fine but tell them mine is a 19 so it might be slightly different and I want to do an egr delete. So few days later I get ecm back with a stage 1 tune and install it. Took it out and machine ran great. So the next day I do the egr delete and then I started getting the check engine light on. So I called my tuner and they say it’s flashed for egr delete but not for egr being completely removed. Now I’m waiting to see if they can come up with something to program it for what I’m doing or else my 2nd option is to put egr all back on. Not sure what the other companies are doing right now for the 19’s but now I’m kinda stuck with these guys with the $ I’ve already got into it.
I have discovered as a lot of other people on here have that we seem to know a hell of a lot more about these machines than the dealers that are selling them. It can be frustrating at times. Not sure why it would matter if you did a delete and removed vs a delete and didn’t remove but that sounds like a line of $hit to me. I can tell you that Diesel Freaks has it figured out and they are very helpful, it might be worth you calling them and just asking some questions about flashing the 19’ with an EGR delete. Then you may be able to educate said local flash company for a fee of fixing your ECM.

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have discovered as a lot of other people on here have that we seem to know a hell of a lot more about these machines than the dealers that are selling them. It can be frustrating at times. Not sure why it would matter if you did a delete and removed vs a delete and didn’t remove but that sounds like a line of $hit to me. I can tell you that Diesel Freaks has it figured out and they are very helpful, it might be worth you calling them and just asking some questions about flashing the 19’ with an EGR delete. Then you may be able to educate said local flash company for a fee of fixing your ECM.
Yeah I’ll make another call Mon and see if they think they have a solution. If not I’ll try your route. I know these machines are still relatively new to everyone especially if they did change something in the 19 ecm’s. All these companies are just trying to keep up. It’s pretty cool to see these things take off they way they are with new parts coming out now every week. That’s why I’m on here with the rest of you guys that can’t keep well enough alone.?

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For any of those interested, I have 20 kits left that are boxed up and ready to ship! Once they are gone, I don’t think I will have any more made. A big Thank You to everyone that has purchased one!

We had a burst of nice(ish) weather Saturday so I installed the EGR delete kit I got from Jimmyb. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours, mostly due to one stubborn 6 mm bolt, the left one in the first photo. It is nice to have some extra space under the hood, plus a place to hook the heater in when I get the time for that. The instructions were clear, and the only surprise was the small amount of coolant that was still left in the EGR cooler, which I spilled of course. I taped off and secured the unused connectors. And you can actually see the dipstick hole now. Since mine is a 2018 model with no tuning, I didn't see any codes. It is satisfying when something goes right!

IMG_1870a.jpg IMG_1869a.jpg IMG_1787 crop low.jpg IMG_1788b.jpg

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We had a burst of nice(ish) weather Saturday so I installed the EGR delete kit I got from Jimmyb. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours, mostly due to one stubborn 6 mm bolt, the left one in the first photo. It is nice to have some extra space under the hood, plus a place to hook the heater in when I get the time for that. The instructions were clear, and the only surprise was the small amount of coolant that was still left in the EGR cooler, which I spilled of course. I taped off and secured the unused connectors. And you can actually see the dipstick hole now. Since mine is a 2018 model with no tuning, I didn't see any codes. It is satisfying when something goes right!

View attachment 3131View attachment 3132View attachment 3133View attachment 3134

Did you leave the EGR valve hanging and connected to the electrical plug (connector)? Or did you completely remove the EGR valve and still got no codes?

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 3131View attachment 3132View attachment 3133View attachment 3134
since you stated no tuning, im assuming no EGR delete either. Will you leave it like that or will you do the EGR delete in the future?

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you leave the EGR valve hanging and connected to the electrical plug (connector)? Or did you completely remove the EGR valve and still got no codes?

I took out the vacuum solenoid and the EGR valve and taped off the connectors. I did not see the "check engine" light come on and so I did not hook up a scanner to see if there was a code. Of course, we are now getting many inches of snow, so it isn't easy to go out and double check my work and results. I will definitely go back and double check and put a scanner on the OBD port, as it seems I should be getting a code or two based on what others have reported. I did run the Roxor around the property for half an hour after completing the delete, and I couldn't see/feel any problems.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
since you stated no tuning, im assuming no EGR delete either. Will you leave it like that or will you do the EGR delete in the future?

You are right, no EGR firmware delete. Considering what others have posted, I should be seeing a code or two, but it did not turn on the check engine light and it does not seem to reduce the performance, so I probably won't do the firmware delete, unless someone can think of a reason to do it. As I said in another post, I will go back and double check once it stops "making down with the snow".

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Well, either I'm not very sharp or I was abducted by aliens. (Probably both.) I do now get a check engine light, and probably did before. I connected an OBDII scanner and read a P0402 and a P0404 code, both related to the EGR valve. I cleared them, reconnected the EGR valve, and started the engine. No lights this time, I looked twice to make sure. So now I have to decide if I want to mount the whole valve assembly under the hood, or if I can strip off some of the uneeded plumbing.

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The first time I started mine up after doing a full delete everything was fine. However I started it up and checked for leaks and then ran it for over 3 hrs straight before I shut it off. As soon as I went to restart it right after that the light was on immediately before I cranked it over and I’ve had the light on ever since. In the process of getting ecm reflashed again now to hopefully correct it.