ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That intake plate will make a nice spot to tap for boost reference. Same for EGT on the exhaust plate.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That intake plate will make a nice spot to tap for boost reference. Same for EGT on the exhaust plate.
Agreed.
WOW! Thats alot of crap! Thanks for sharing, where can i get the EGR delete plates?
Diesel freak is supposed to be offering a kit at some point. I made my own.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jimmyb, are you going to be making a delete kit for us? I know Dieselfreak is supposed to be coming out with one but I was just wondering if you had plans to do one also.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jimmyb, are you going to be making a delete kit for us? I know Dieselfreak is supposed to be coming out with one but I was just wondering if you had plans to do one also.
I didn’t have any interest in putting a kit together if someone was going to offer one soon but I can if there is enough interest. What would y’all feel would be a fair price for a complete kit including plates, coolant caps, hose clamps and vacuum caps along with detailed instructions?

BradsRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn’t have any interest in putting a kit together if someone was going to offer one soon but I can if there is enough interest. What would y’all feel would be a fair price for a complete kit including plates, coolant caps, hose clamps and vacuum caps along with detailed instructions?

I just need the plates. got the rest figured out.
Is $30 for two plates reasonable?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Financially I couldn’t make that work. I will have to figure out how much it would cost getting them cut out of stainless in bulk plus all of the other parts along with packaging and shipping cost. I’m thinking it’s going to be in the $100 range done.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
$100 for me would be great as I want to get this done ASAP and I for one would commit to it. Thank you

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
$100 for me would be great as I want to get this done ASAP and I for one would commit to it. Thank you
Let me see how quickly I could make all of this happen and I’ll let you know.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sounds good thank you for the response. I’m sure there are a lot of guys that want to get this done we just have to wait for them to respond.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Everything is moving along, I could possibly start shipping by the end of next week. Just trying to get final pricing nailed down. The original ones I had made were out of carbon steel. The new ones I had quoted where out of stainless and that was a significant jump in price.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A $100 kit for stainless steel plates and all the various bib bobs required to do the job sounds fair to me.

Ccoombes

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Everything is moving along, I could possibly start shipping by the end of next week. Just trying to get final pricing nailed down. The original ones I had made were out of carbon steel. The new ones I had quoted where out of stainless and that was a significant jump in price.
Put me down for one.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ll have 50 kits ready to ship by the end of next week. Kit will include stainless block off plates and everything needed to completely remove the egr valve and cooler along with all of the vacuum hoses that operate the valve. All parts I’m using are made in the USA! I’ll also include a hose for draining the coolant that won’t spill a drop. Without it, it makes a huge mess. Price will be $120 and will include shipping to lower 48.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Maybe a moderator could help me here, I don’t know if I need to be a site sponsor because I am not a business doing this, just a guy putting some parts together for those that have asked for them. Please let me know what is acceptable. Thanks

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ll have 50 kits ready to ship by the end of next week. Kit will include stainless block off plates and everything needed to completely remove the egr valve and cooler along with all of the vacuum hoses that operate the valve. All parts I’m using are made in the USA! I’ll also include a hose for draining the coolant that won’t spill a drop. Without it, it makes a huge mess. Price will be $120 and will include shipping to lower 48.
Hey Jimmyb I'm interested in the egr delete as well. What is the advantage of removing the cooler and all the other stuff. I know some folks are just using 2 plates to block off egr. It sounds like what you are doing iS a much better option L I'm a total novice when it comes to disel, so sorry for the dumb question.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Main reason is it’s cheap insurance because if a cooler fails it puts coolant in the cylinders. Plus removing all of it including the vacuum stuff that is no longer used cleans up the engine bay a lot and gets rid of excess heat when the outside temp heats up. See pics below. Total time to install start to finish should be less than an hour.

23DDE6E7-7BA5-416E-A53B-0A6FA2631DC4.jpeg 16D99821-1FB8-4C2A-BDA0-9147C01786D0.jpeg