ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ll have 50 kits ready to ship by the end of next week. Kit will include stainless block off plates and everything needed to completely remove the egr valve and cooler along with all of the vacuum hoses that operate the valve. All parts I’m using are made in the USA! I’ll also include a hose for draining the coolant that won’t spill a drop. Without it, it makes a huge mess. Price will be $120 and will include shipping to lower 48.[/QUOTE

I’ll take a kit as well. When you get the details worked out, let us know funding, shipping, etc.

Also, I believe this was asked when you did your first delete but just confirming, none of the units you have done have thrown any post delete codes, correct?

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Main reason is it’s cheap insurance because if a cooler fails it puts coolant in the cylinders. Plus removing all of it including the vacuum stuff that is no longer used cleans up the engine bay a lot and gets rid of excess heat when the outside temp heats up. See pics below. Total time to install start to finish should be less than an hour.

View attachment 1544View attachment 1545
Dang bro, that's what I call an answer. Thanks a ton man. Sign me up for a kit.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All of the kits I have installed have been code free and issue free but I probably should have clarified earlier, all of them had a vivid stage 1 tune with the egr disabled. I have not tested a non tuned ecm but I would imagine that it would set a code being unplugged. If I can get my hands on another one next week I will test this. I’m sorry if there was any confusion

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All of the kits I have installed have been code free and issue free but I probably should have clarified earlier, all of them had a vivid stage 1 tune with the egr disabled. I have not tested a non tuned ecm but I would imagine that it would set a code being unplugged. If I can get my hands on another one next week I will test this. I’m sorry if there was any confusion

I have DF Stage 1, not sure if they delete EGR function. I know I could here the EGR cycle at idle prior to remap and now after it is certainly not distinct, so it may be disabled, just not sure. Any DF tunes out there that could confirm EGR delete with stage 1?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can check with them to see if it was disabled. If so, you are good to go!

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I’ll have 50 kits ready to ship by the end of next week. Kit will include stainless block off plates and everything needed to completely remove the egr valve and cooler along with all of the vacuum hoses that operate the valve. All parts I’m using are made in the USA! I’ll also include a hose for draining the coolant that won’t spill a drop. Without it, it makes a huge mess. Price will be $120 and will include shipping to lower 48.
interested! please send contact info for payment. Thank you for doing this.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can check with them to see if it was disabled. If so, you are good to go!

NO go for me, spoke to DF and they do not delete the EGR function on Stg 1 reflash, but will have their EGR kit ready pretty soon, waiting on a couple brackets. So I will need to send my ECM back to delete EGR function if I want to do anything concerning delete or risk throwing codes. I'm shelving this for time being, sorry. Thanks for all your help with this.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I felt I needed to clarify some things. Sorry for the long post but here we go. This will only work for those who have their egr disabled with an ecm tuner ( ie diesel freaks, vivid racing). I had a feeling other people would be wanting a kit and had hoped DF would have had there kit out sooner. I have no interest in making a business out of this, I just know I’m somewhat impatient on waiting for parts along with many others. I had to wing it and do my own R&D to make my first one for me because I couldn’t wait, plus being a little OCD about the quality of work when done didn’t help! I have done the math and know I could produce this in volume but that’s not what it was meant to be. All of that being said, I should be able to start shipping by the middle of next week instead of the end. Sorry for the long post but I wanted everyone to know that I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes that are in the business to produce parts.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got to thinking today about all of you guys up north wanting to put a heater in. Instead of completely removing the egr cooler, you could leave the cooler and use the block off plate that would have went on the exhaust manifold installed on the end of the cooler. This would still stop exhaust gas from entering the intake but should aid in warmer coolant temp entering the heater because exhaust gas would be transferring heat to the coolant as it runs through the cooler. This would provide an easy place to connect your coolant lines to the heater since the coolant outlet of the cooler is right by the holes in the center of the firewall. Outlet from the heater would be connected where the cooler outlet was connected.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stainless plates are in! Waiting on a couple more shipments to complete the kits. They should be here Thursday. I plan on putting everything together and packaging Friday through the weekend so I will be ready to send out Monday at the latest for everyone who wants one so far. I’ll get a paypal link up in the meantime (if I can figure out how, my wife says she has one and would be more than happy to keep the money. Damn the bad luck!) and get shipping info from everyone. Here is a picture of the stainless plates next a carbon steel plate I had cut originally. Definitely should stay looking good for a long time to come.

D4118CB5-55AF-49CE-AFF8-7D1F7E6E9310.jpeg

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Everything showed up day early. That never happens. Kits are ready to ship. For those interested, e mail me your name, address, phone number and user name on here so I can try to keep track of all of those that have said they wanted a kit. I’ll email you back a confirmation that I got the order and a PayPal link. Once it’s paid for I’ll get a lable printed and send you a tracking number. Price is $120.00 including shipping. Thank you

Last edited:

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Any "guy putting some parts together" out of his garage is welcome to post things for sale such as this.

If anything, We would be interested in a detailed "how 2 guide" on deleting it. If you have time and pictures in it's own post.

Ok. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any "guy putting some parts together" out of his garage is welcome to post things for sale such as this.

If anything, We would be interested in a detailed "how 2 guide" on deleting it. If you have time and pictures in it's own post.

Ok. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you, I am including detailed instructions with each kit but I will try to make a how to with pictures on a new post.