ooooooooooo

DIY doors

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just checked out my door hinges today myself. The existing holes are threaded for 8mm x 1.25 metric thread. Theres only a .0004 difference in size between an 8 mm x1.25 bolt and a 5/16”x 24thread bolt, so you should be close chasing the existing threads with a 5/16x24 tap and using the 5/16 bolts/ screws. I’m just going to pick up some 8mm screws as I don’t have that size tap!

The tap is more likely a 5/16-18 tap. Converting M8-1.25 from metric to English units gives about 20 threads to the inch, and for the short distance you are tapping, 18 would reform/recut the threads better than 24 tpi. The good news is that you don't need to buy special washers for M8 screws, just use 5/16, as the tolerances are much larger than the difference between 5/16 and M8, as noted above.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The tap is more likely a 5/16-18 tap. Converting M8-1.25 from metric to English units gives about 20 threads to the inch, and for the short distance you are tapping, 18 would reform/recut the threads better than 24 tpi. The good news is that you don't need to buy special washers for M8 screws, just use 5/16, as the tolerances are much larger than the difference between 5/16 and M8, as noted above.
5/16”x18 sounds right.
The screws tightened up good but I just put the supplied nuts on the inside for good measure.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
5/16”x18 sounds right.
The screws tightened up good but I just put the supplied nuts on the inside for good measure.
Looking back at my post on thread count here, I would agree with 5/16x18 tap, I see I stated 5/16x24. At any rate the existing thread in the hinge attachment points are an 8mmx1.25, they fit well.

Lilsandyrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a door I cut from Starboard, it’s 1/2” thick plexiglass. We’ll see how they hold up.
I still have to put the latch on and permanent bolts for the hinges
. B13438C0-373A-42DE-97C0-EADF425DE938.jpeg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok I am “done” with this machine “for now” before I wind up divorced and living out of it. I have really had a lot of fun tinkering with this thing. Once the dust settles, I’m going to look into backseat options, mud tires and getting a tag for it.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is the weatherstripping I used on my doors. Picked it up st Lowe’s. It stuck to the body of the Roxor really well and made the radius turns nicely. This thickness worked great with the 3/4” thick doors.

ECECE9DE-50CE-4B37-9202-3205AFEB2109.jpeg

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is the weatherstripping I used on my doors. Picked it up st Lowe’s. It stuck to the body of the Roxor really well and made the radius turns nicely. This thickness worked great with the 3/4” thick doors.

View attachment 2973
Thanks. I am familiar with this product as I have used it before.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is a door I cut from Starboard, it’s 1/2” thick plexiglass. We’ll see how they hold up.
I still have to put the latch on and permanent bolts for the hinges
.View attachment 2967

I was going to go with 3/4 inch Starboard, but the 1/2 inch would be a lot lighter and cheaper. It is hard to tell from the photos, did you have to do anything to make the door flush with the outside of the body? I measured about a 3/4 inch recess for the doors.

Lilsandyrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was going to go with 3/4 inch Starboard, but the 1/2 inch would be a lot lighter and cheaper. It is hard to tell from the photos, did you have to do anything to make the door flush with the outside of the body? I measured about a 3/4 inch recess for the doors.
I haven’t finished the build yet but I think a thicker weather strip will work.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A few members have private messaged me about possibly building some half doors for them. I have found a source for pebble grain 3/4” black High Density Plastic and have ordered some door sized blanks. I will be cutting them out and installing them on my Roxor next week and posting some pictures.

If anyone is interested in a set I can build them for $400 plus shipping. This will include the doors, hinges, latches, weatherstripping and all hardware needed.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I finally got the doors made of Starboard attached, now I can see all the mud that is hitting the door instead of me. I used the All States Ag parts door latches as seen in the one photo. The door hinge parts don't match because I got the stainless half NOS at a lower price.

I now just have to figure out how to make a catch for them, there is less than a 1/16 inch between the latch "tongue" and the door. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
100_5446.JPG100_5447.JPG

PS-just ignore that vertical groove by the latch-nothing to see here....

Rosalis

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A few members have private messaged me about possibly building some half doors for them. I have found a source for pebble grain 3/4” black High Density Plastic and have ordered some door sized blanks. I will be cutting them out and installing them on my Roxor next week and posting some pictures.

If anyone is interested in a set I can build them for $400 plus shipping. This will include the doors, hinges, latches, weatherstripping and all hardware needed.
I would like a set please

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Since the mesh “doors” are kind of a pain I decided to make my own doors. I started with a cut out of cardboard and then traced it on to a sheet of 1/2” plywood. Then welded a frame out of 1/2” square tubing and flat stock. The hardest part was getting the correct arch on the flat stock (would have been easier with a bender. Then cut out 16 gauge steel for the skin of the doors. And welded 3/4” flat stock on top to cover the top rail of the doors. Bought hinges and latches I found on other threads, ordered off amazon. It was a little bit of fabrication but I’m only in about 300 dollars right now, still need paint but that will be in the spring. They aren’t perfect but they are perfect for around our farm. If you have the tools definitely worthwhile.View attachment 2665View attachment 2666View attachment 2667View attachment 2668
Awesome Job (y)

Jdahl31

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would like a set of doors also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk