ooooooooooo

Extended brake lines-DIY

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Awesome! Thanks for the Info, I just got thru having a 3 link suspension put under my front and will copy these parts for my front brakes!!

I ordered exactly what Coldweather did and had some issues. First was my fault, second was not. First mistake was not reading down far enough to see where he had to order the straight banjo fittings. I ordered what he had in the first post.

Second mistake was on the top fittings that hook up to the hard line. You don't want a 3AN - 3AN fitting. I ordered what he said to and had a leak. Thought I had stripped my hard line. Went so far as to order a new drivers side hard line from India via Sherwood. It is still in the box. Didn't need it. $16 is case anyone was wondering or needs it.

The pics show the minor diameter differences between 3AN and M10. M10 being larger and properly fits the hard line.

The hard line fitting size in M10x1.0

Search for this in Amazon
M10x1.0 to 3AN Fitting - Adapter For Brake Clutch Fuel and Oil - AN3

So you need 2 of those, two of the lines he listed and 2 of the straight banjo fittings.

Russell 640471 Endura -3AN 10mm Banjo Fittings

Installation wise, yes the top fittings are not 90 degree. The line won't rub the tires if you put a curve in the line. Do that by "spinning" the line before tightening it at the banjo fitting. You can see the combo wrench on the fitting with the curved line.
IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg IMG_2921.jpg IMG_2922.jpg IMG_2923.jpg

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ordered exactly what Coldweather did and had some issues. First was my fault, second was not. First mistake was not reading down far enough to see where he had to order the straight banjo fittings. I ordered what he had in the first post.

Second mistake was on the top fittings that hook up to the hard line. You don't want a 3AN - 3AN fitting. I ordered what he said to and had a leak. Thought I had stripped my hard line. Went so far as to order a new drivers side hard line from India via Sherwood. It is still in the box. Didn't need it. $16 is case anyone was wondering or needs it.

The pics show the minor diameter differences between 3AN and M10. M10 being larger and properly fits the hard line.

So you need 2 of those, two of the lines he listed and 2 of the straight banjo fittings.

Installation wise, yes the top fittings are not 90 degree. The line won't rub the tires if you put a curve in the line. Do that by "spinning" the line before tightening it at the banjo fitting. You can see the combo wrench on the fitting with the curved line.
View attachment 9335
View attachment 9336
View attachment 9337
View attachment 9338

View attachment 9335 View attachment 9336 View attachment 9337 View attachment 9338
Thanks

View attachment 9335
View attachment 9336
View attachment 9337
View attachment 9338

View attachment 9335 View attachment 9336 View attachment 9337 View attachment 9338
Thanks 44Bogger!! Your pics are Awesome

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 9335
View attachment 9336
View attachment 9337
View attachment 9338

Strange, I've had zero issues with the 3an - 3an part number 656052. I just got them tight and no leaks, definitely didn't have to overtighten them like I have on toyota bubble flare lines.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Strange, I've had zero issues with the 3an - 3an part number 656052. I just got them tight and no leaks, definitely didn't have to overtighten them like I have on toyota bubble flare lines.
Same. No leaks.

n2deer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had the same experience as 44Bogger. I have tried multiple 90-degree fittings now and they all leak. Just found this post.
Going to try the fitting he used.

It's been frustrating. The first one I stripped out like he did, second one wouldn't work either. Thanks for sharing 44Bogger.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's unfortunate as all get out. I wonder if the components used are different from different years. Mine is a 2020.

MaXXis85

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Get The proper adapter from m10x bubble flare to 3/8" IF (hardline adapter), Summit part number (EDD-271300)
1654094608001.png

then adapt from the 3/8" invert flare to -3 AN with summit part number (RUS-643961)
1654094593277.png

Then you use any combination or hose to a banjo fitting you desire.