ooooooooooo

Extended brake lines-DIY

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After removing the sway bar, and installing the longer shackles, I found myself needing extended brake lines. I didn't want to spend almost $150 with shipping for the OTR lines. So I set out to put together my own. I found that the brake lines are -3 AN. The Banjo is a 10mm (3/8). After a quick Amaozn search, I found the parts I needed. Once I get the lift installed, they won't look too long.

They arrived today. I wanted a 90° fitting at the chassis to clear the knuckle, and a 35° banjo to move the line away from the tire. I noticed the stock brake line rubbing against even the stock tires before I put 33" KM3's on. Anyways, here's what I got.

20201020_160509.jpg 20201020_160539.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160607_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160636_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160622_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20201020_160509.jpg 20201020_160539.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160607_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160636_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20201020-160622_Amazon Shopping.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might want to rethink that caliber banjo fitting, especially if you have adjusted your steering stops. I'm thinking even with the stock steering stop adjustment your going to be hitting that shock at full lock. Be sure to check it out sitting level and flexed and at full lock.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might want to rethink that caliber banjo fitting, especially if you have adjusted your steering stops. I'm thinking even with the stock steering stop adjustment your going to be hitting that shock at full lock. Be sure to check it out sitting level and flexed and at full lock.
The 35 degree fitting doesn't hit. The bolt itself hit the shock. The axle is going to move forward a couple of inches once the new springs go on, so I might move the shocks completely.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The 35 degree fitting doesn't hit. The bolt itself hit the shock. The axle is going to move forward a couple of inches once the new springs go on, so I might move the shocks completely.
I couldn't tell from the pics. Just knew it might be close. Yea if you can relocate the shocks that will definitely give you room to adjust the steering stops.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn’t want to spend that much either so I got the on the Rox leveling kit and spent $750 instead. Really happy with the new springs though

Last edited:

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a stock brake line that got turned (twisted?), anyhow it had rubbed on front tire and then burst under pressure. I took it off and carried it to a local hydraulic shop (during the great Covid-MANA parts drought of early summer) and got a new one made in fifteen minutes for less than $50. I also discovered that it needs a correct twist in it as it is installed in order to prevent a repeat tire rub. Mine is stock, no lift. But the longer line is the cheap part, the ends are the where the cost is. And yes, it a heavy duty line material; they use it regularly making brake lines for HD trucking and logging vehicles and equipment.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a stock brake line that got turned (twisted?), anyhow it had rubbed on front tire and then burst under pressure. I took it off and carried it to a local hydraulic shop (during the great Covid-MANA parts drought of early summer) and got a new one made in fifteen minutes for less than $50. I also discovered that it needs a correct twist in it as it is installed in order to prevent a repeat tire rub. Mine is stock, no lift. But the longer line is the cheap part, the ends are the where the cost is. And yes, it a heavy duty line material; they use it regularly making brake lines for HD trucking and logging vehicles and equipment.
Pics or it didn't happen

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Looks like you only did the fronts? Got pics of the rear?

Now that it's been a couple weeks, if you could do it again what would you do different?

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok Mr. Cloud from just-got-here land, stand on your head and read the attached receipt for shop made replacement brake line for $46.65. Sorry but no further pics because I threw the damaged line in the trash and I also would never stand on my head to take a pic of the replacement for a jerk like you.

image.jpeg

NotMyProblem19K

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How are you liking this setup as of now? Have you gone out with it? I just noticed my factory brake lines are being rubbed after reading your forum and am ready to pull the trigger on your setup.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How are you liking this setup as of now? Have you gone out with it? I just noticed my factory brake lines are being rubbed after reading your forum and am ready to pull the trigger on your setup.
I drive it all the time in everything but mud. It works great. I didn't like how close the passenger side banjo fitting was to the shock, so I got a straight piece and installed it. It's perfect now.

Screenshot_20201105-133219_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone replaced the rear hardliners with flexible braided stainles? I finished up my spartan locker install, and they just look like a they are perfect for getting hung up on something and torn out. I’d think flexible stainless from the distribution block to the wheels would make a lot more sense.. are the fittings standard or are they AN fittings.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you're able to get something that high hung up on the rear brake line, I think you've going to have other issues besides no rear brakes.

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Awesome! Thanks for the Info, I just got thru having a 3 link suspension put under my front and will copy these parts for my front brakes!!