ooooooooooo

Thinking of converting

M57

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hello, I am a current Rzr 570 owner, thinking of selling and purchasing a Roxor. Would like to hear from people who have made the switch or just added to their fleet.

Jewell68

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello, I am a current Rzr 570 owner, thinking of selling and purchasing a ROXOR. Would like to hear from people who have made the switch or just added to their fleet.

Never had a Rzr but I love my ROXOR, barely make a sound, puttering through the woods. Off trail, on trail, paved road, dirt road, tote road and forgotten roads, thousands miles and rolling.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They are surprisingly quiet. If you plan to haul anything other than ass, lol, get a Roxor. Gears > belts.

Reactions: M57

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a new 2018 Honda pioneer 1000–5 with 600 miles I traded in. It felt like you were sitting on a campfire from the heat and could not hear yourself think much less hold a conversation. Night and day difference with the torque from this little Diesel and you can actually hear yourself think. The only downside so far is it does ride a little rougher but it’s built like a tank .

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello, I am a current Rzr 570 owner, thinking of selling and purchasing a Roxor. Would like to hear from people who have made the switch or just added to their fleet.
I came out of a 2017 Ranger 1000. The Roxor; is a whole different breed of cat from the Ranger. It is a simple straight forward tough machine. My usage is more utility, less sport. It tows anything it’s hooked to easily. The air intake and engine are where they need to be up front instead of sucking in dust, and heating your backside. The manual transmission is a blast to drive. The diesel is a quiet economical torque monster. This thing just feels like it’s in for the long haul. Of the five Polaris products I have owned, I never had that feeling. Finally, it just plain looks good.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I guess I qualify, in a way......After looking at many side by sides ( wish for a better name ) 4 dealers , driven 6 different models I settled for the Havoc by Textron. It was fast ( 100 hp ) cab and a half, so room for dog, handled great with hi tech shocks ...I thought this was the one , so I bought it. After I got home and off the well used trails, about 5 miles , here we were on my property, ready for all the chores we could think of. Well , not quite what I thought I had bought. It was loud, so hot in the cab that my dog escaped and headed for the house , he had enough and we really had not gone anywhere except loading some firewood off the mountian. ....Dogs seem to know things people do not , it was only a day or two that reality sunk in......what had I done ? !! , my handyman said it best , “ why in the world did you buy this 70 mph noisy machine, just to haul firewood and pick berries in your back woods anyway ? “ You know ,he was so right , we really had no use for speeding along on the sand trails , when all we wanted was to go slow and enjoy nature along with the practical side like plowing snow, hauling wood , and all the busy things we did on week ends around the property. ...so, back to the dealer , that 5mile trip thru the woods with all three of us sweating buckets in the warm summer sun , wishing that this thing has AC.....now THAT was wrong ! ..I lucked out , dealer took it back, backed all the state tax out after pleading a mistake in paperwork with the DMV., and then , even up , moved me right into the Roxor ! This time I knew for sure I had made the right choice as we traveled that 5mile trip home, thru the same woods and trails, this time in comfort even tho the Rox did not have the ride quality at speed...what was my hurry anyway ? And besides , no helmet needed !!..... As weeks went by the Roxor just got better at all the things we did, all the fun stuff one gets from working the grounds around home along with the peace and quiet you get , that I created , living on this remote mountain top overlooking Lake Superior.
ReportWe

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This needs to be forwarded to Mahindra USA so folks know what they are getting into with side by sides!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The excessive heat generated by the motor under your seat is the worst thing about these big hp side by sides. Textron I am told has yet to solve the problem. Polaris is now offering a fix on their largest units. It’s a fiberglass engine cover w three vertical fan driven stacks. The problem exists on just about all the 100 hp machines no matter who built them. Had the motor been higher up on the chassis , as in a rear engined car , much of the heat problem would not be there. True mid engined vehicles share this same heat issues. I know well, long ago being the owner of several cars with mid engines.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The Honda pioneer 1000–5 has the same heat problem it feels like you’re sitting on a campfire. Hondas heat fix was a thin sheet of rubber to go under the seat what a joke, I ended up putting extra insulation in and then cut a big hole under the seat to Mount an electric radiator fan.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the Havoc I used a heat gun to see just how hot everything was, as you could not touch the floor , it was 170 f standing still after a three mile run in the woods. When I got too the dealer he used his gun and saw temps over 200, 240 I think. My poor dog was sitting on a rubber bed in the half cab part. That was the hottest place , under the rubber pad , it was starting to melt !

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I guess I qualify, in a way......After looking at many side by sides ( wish for a better name ) 4 dealers , driven 6 different models I settled for the Havoc by Textron. It was fast ( 100 hp ) cab and a half, so room for dog, handled great with hi tech shocks ...I thought this was the one , so I bought it. After I got home and off the well used trails, about 5 miles , here we were on my property, ready for all the chores we could think of. Well , not quite what I thought I had bought. It was loud, so hot in the cab that my dog escaped and headed for the house , he had enough and we really had not gone anywhere except loading some firewood off the mountian. ....Dogs seem to know things people do not , it was only a day or two that reality sunk in......what had I done ? !! , my handyman said it best , “ why in the world did you buy this 70 mph noisy machine, just to haul firewood and pick berries in your back woods anyway ? “ You know ,he was so right , we really had no use for speeding along on the sand trails , when all we wanted was to go slow and enjoy nature along with the practical side like plowing snow, hauling wood , and all the busy things we did on week ends around the property. ...so, back to the dealer , that 5mile trip thru the woods with all three of us sweating buckets in the warm summer sun , wishing that this thing has AC.....now THAT was wrong ! ..I lucked out , dealer took it back, backed all the state tax out after pleading a mistake in paperwork with the DMV., and then , even up , moved me right into the Roxor ! This time I knew for sure I had made the right choice as we traveled that 5mile trip home, thru the same woods and trails, this time in comfort even tho the Rox did not have the ride quality at speed...what was my hurry anyway ? And besides , no helmet needed !!..... As weeks went by the Roxor just got better at all the things we did, all the fun stuff one gets from working the grounds around home along with the peace and quiet you get , that I created , living on this remote mountain top overlooking Lake Superior.
ReportWe
The poke around driving is what my wife and I enjoy when we do get a chance to take a ride. On the down side, when the black flies are out, forget about the picnic lunch, and you need to drive over 12 mph to keep them off. It's always better after the first frost, the air is crisp, the bugs are gone and it smells like fall.

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Honda pioneer 1000–5 has the same heat problem it feels like you’re sitting on a campfire. Hondas heat fix was a thin sheet of rubber to go under the seat what a joke, I ended up putting extra insulation in and then cut a big hole under the seat to Mount an electric radiator fan.
When I decided to replace the Ranger, I considered the Honda, mostly because of the 6 speed. Even though I was aware of the heat problem, I still would have pulled the trigger on the Honda, just to get out of the Ranger. Had the sales person been more interested in his job and less interested in his cell phone, I would have bought the Honda. The next day I found out about Roxors; I really should go back and thank that salesman.

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
Its simple. The Roxor is a side by side in name only......its not a UTV.

Basically if a brand new 1950’s CJ Jeep with a boxed frame and stock diesel engine turns your crank? Look no further. The Roxor is a time warp. Its like if the Cubans were still producing 1957 Chevy Bel Air’s..... not something retro, but a all steel real one! New....brand new....outta the box. Would you want it?

My Polaris Ranger 800 XP was a pile of bull dung. Loved the concept especially with tracks. But it has to be reliable.....it was anything but. I spent about 7000 bucks on repairs.

If I change fluids and check fluids in this Mahindra? It will easily outlive me. I have buddies who still drive 70 year old CJ2A’s..... and this Roxor is tougher than them outta the box. Its 19000 bucks out the door.

A Cummins 2.8L crate motor for jeeps is 9000 bucks. Just the motor in the crate! Still need the used Jeep to put it in!

Its been one day and I cannot wipe the grin off my face....simply amazing!

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We own a 2004 Polaris Ranger 500 and a 2015 Yamaha Viking. They are used for everything imaginable around a farm -- from hauling feed, building fences, carrying firewood, moving rocks, herding livestock to skidding logs. Both have dump beds and bench seats, features which come in handy around here. The Polaris has transported a million pounds of rocks from steep pastures. Its plastic floorboards are cracked and the glorified plastic bed has big chunks missing. It was originally Mossy Oak Camo. UV rays are apparently unkind to that generation of camo covering and it is now a rather ugly Mossy Oak Purple. As noted elsewhere, along with most in its UTV class, it is on the low end of the comfort scale, being both hot and noisy, except in Winter when it's cold and noisy. We've spent roughly $3,000 in various repairs, mainly transmission gear and belt replacements. The price of Polaris parts is sobering and alternatives limited. Shifting has always been clunky and the starter continually has second thoughts, though, after 3,000 plus hrs, the thing is still running. The original $8,500 cost has depreciated to near zero; it is surely destined to eventually meet the car crusher. Still, we've gotten our money's worth. The Yamaha is also proving to be a decent machine, albeit with more get up and go than we need. Had ROX been available a few years ago, we'd never have bought the Yamaha. If the Polaris is noisy, the 1 cylinder Yamaha makes conversation virtually impossible, risks hearing damage, frightens our cattle and chases wildlife into the next county. The gear shift lever is sticky/rough and the brakes squeak. On the plus side, other than routine fluid changes, maintenance costs have thus far not been an issue. Both UTVs run on gas while all our tractors are diesel. An all diesel fleet would be preferable in our case. As for the ROX, other than racing or jumping canyons, it really shouldn't be compared in the same breath with our Polaris/Yamaha, because they represent two different leagues in terms of build quality, engine, transmission, payload, pulling power, ride comfort, driving feel and overall appearance -- the "it factor." As Norseman in his ranch video and others have noted, there are some driving situations with ROX that are much like having an automatic transmission. That can be very useful. In first gear low range, with suction cup tire treads, ROX would climb a telephone pole and creep down the other side. Short of driving it over a cliff into the ocean, it's hard to imagine that this vehicle will ever depreciate to the value of scrap metal/plastic. Instead, it seems poised to be something that we proudly hand down to the next generation. If the competition hasn't quite figured it out yet, a new day has dawned in this market segment.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seems to me the game changer will be what’s street legal and what’s not. Right now the insurance cos group the Roxor , amoung other 4 wheelers, as motorcycles. Some states are accepting this classification ( as in Montana ) , so street legal is easy. Other than some dirt bikes most motorcycles are right out of the box street legal. . In order to be legal on the highway you must first start with a title, the Roxor does not come with one . ( I am aware some states do not require titles ) In order to get plates you First need a title,insurance , and in some jurisdictions certain safety requirements. The Roxor shares the same confusion as do the mini trucks, which I am told are street legal in many states now. Since we seem to be discarding the UTV label , for what looks like obvious appearance and inherent reasons ,where , what direction are we headed with this machine ?

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
In Washington state it comes with a title.

This machine is a UTV. And like the direction of all UTV’s? More and more are becoming street legal minus highway of freeway use. Stevens County where I live just up and passed a law that allows ORV’s on all county roads as long as it met basic requirements and had a ORV state sticker.

http://www.co.stevens.wa.us/commiss...gnating roads for off highway vehicle use.pdf

Which is fine by me. I bought mine mainly for ranch use. If I need to go to town I will jump in my pickup.

Reactions: SMF

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The same here in Michigan......we are the largest county in the state, ORVs are welcome on county roads., but not on state rds and not on many city streets. .........now , Vehicles do not come with a title , they come with an MSO. It’s then up to the state to turn over and into a title . This is where the vehicle sinks or swims as it’s up to the DMV to generate a title. In most states the title description will state on or off rd or a combo thereof. I run Montana plates, Michigan insurance and drivers license.

Cody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There seem to be plenty of responses here about Polaris, so I will throw in my two cents on John Deere. We are a farm family in central MO, and run all deere equipment because of the great service we get in this area. Naturally, when we wanted to get some utv's we bought gators. We have traded and upgraded through the years since the old 6x4s. Granted they get used a bit, the ones we have now have 7k and 12k miles on them. Still, it seems like we can only keep one working at a time. Constantly issues in the axel joints, among other things. They are also loud, if you get on the throttle you can hear it a mile away.

Because of all this, when I was looking at getting something myself, I picked the roxor. I cant guarantee its reliability yet, but I do love its simplicity. Its quiet, and much more fun to cruise around in. Plus when were going out to look for deer in the evenings, the nieces and nephews all want to ride in the jeep instead of the gators and ranger. They're all under 5, so if it looks like a jeep, it's a jeep. When I tell them it's a Roxor, they correct me and say its a jeep.