ooooooooooo

Pulling the trigger tomorrow w/lots of questions!

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Long time Jeep guy, had a 1998, and a 2016 Willys. Been eyeballing the Roxor since they came out and trading my Can Am Commander Max in tomorrow on a Roxor. I ride two tracks and some wide ORV routes and this should work better than my SXS for what I want. First on the parts list is a windshield, rear seat for my 8yr olds, and a winch plate and winch.

I’m getting a great deal on a 2019 auto base model. Part of me would like the 5.38 over the 3.73 gears but I’m not going big on tires with this one. How do you think the auto would handle 33” tires if I end up going there someday? My current plan is going to 31” tires as soon as my budget allows.

What changes do I need to make to run 31” tires and what size metric equivalent does everyone run? Can I run the front seat bars disconnected without serious rubbing and will the brake lines work or can I get some extensions somewhere? I’m not doing any mud so I’ll be running all terrain tires.

For the rear seat it sounds like any Jeep bench should mount up in back?

Any info or advice I should know would be great, thanks!

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
rough country for the winch plate. 31 fit fine stock. i use a rough country sway bar disconect for a 76 cj5 with no problems. im currently running 285/75/16 with a leveling kit. for the rear seat. im curious on that for when my grand daughter visits.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Roxor has a rear seat option that you can get factory installed or but it and have the dealer do it or yourself. If that seat doesn’t look good any seat for a CJ will fit but you’ll have to figure out the mounting. It’s not hard but you won’t have a factory template/instructions to follow.

as far as auto goes I can’t tell you. I can tell you that my 2018 with a stage 1 tune and 33s has me wanting to regear. It works but some 4.88/5.13s would work much better. Being that you have an auto I bet you can do a stage 2 and be happy with 33s with possible exception to off-road performance. The manual guys must do a clutch when they do a stage 2 tune. Not sure if autos need anything At stage 2 levels.

for running 31s I would do a level lift and call it a day. And/or a body lift.

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sweet! I don’t want to go too big because I want to be able to fit down trails with my buddies on their utility side by sides and I just want something different. My first Jeep was a 1998 four cylinder with 33x12.5’s and a stick and 4.10 gears I got around fine off road in 4 low with all the other jeeps I rode with. Just had to use momentum rather than mashing the throttle. I may get some warn hubs so I can put around in 4 low 2wd too. This feels an awful lot like I’m going to be adding to my never ending parts list lol.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sweet! I don’t want to go too big because I want to be able to fit down trails with my buddies on their utility side by sides and I just want something different. My first Jeep was a 1998 four cylinder with 33x12.5’s and a stick and 4.10 gears I got around fine off road in 4 low with all the other jeeps I rode with. Just had to use momentum rather than mashing the throttle. I may get some warn hubs so I can put around in 4 low 2wd too. This feels an awful lot like I’m going to be adding to my never ending parts list lol.
yes. it seams like the possibility are endless with a little time and a open wallet. lol.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think you will be very happy with your purchase. I can't speak to some of your other questions, but I can say something about the rear seat. I bought my Roxor primarily to transport me, my wife and two kids up and down a rather steep 100 yard path from our lake house to our dock. So a rear seat and a four-seat ROPS we're a necessity from day one. I went with the Roxor factory seat after investigating all of the available options. I've been very pleased with it. It fits well, looks good, and has really solid integrated seat belts that have a collar you can slide down to position lower on the shoulders of smaller children. It appears very well made and I feel that my children are safe riding in the vehicle.

Upnorthbacon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Drove her home tonight! Have 50 miles on and here’s my observations. With the auto trans it shifts early and doesn’t seem to back shift quickly so power wise feels sluggish. Placing it in first gear it pulls nice and plenty of torque in low range. Putting in second would likely work well for climbing a sand hill etc. The suspension was nicer than I expected but could hear something knocking underneath up front on certain bumps. Haven’t figured out what it’s coming from yet. Seats are too straight up and I wish they reclined slightly. Might look at a way to mod them to angle back a little. Got a rear seat and belts I’ll be installing tomorrow. Have it lined up so my oldest boy who’s 6’4” can barely fit in back which still leaves lots of storage room behind the seat. I’m really happy with the purchase. I’ll be doing stage one at some point to help with the power. Like I said earlier I think the auto eats up a lot of power and doesn’t like to back shift when you kick it down it stays lugging most of the time. 25 and under I think 4low would work well for wheeling around in sand or hill climbs etc. At 55mph it’s running under 2k and wants to go faster. I think it would cruise even better at 60mph on the road and it was annoying hitting the speed limiter so that will be going with the tune for sure. I’ll try and post some pics of the seat installed tomorrow. Only other complaint is I wish the gauge had a trip meter but I’ll be adding an OBD2 Bluetooth so I can use my phone to monitor temps rpm etc.

Last edited: