ooooooooooo

Looking at a Roxor instead of a farm ATV or small pickup

apt333

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have an F250 but it's too heavy to drive over pastures. I will use with a bale unroller to put out round bales, drive into the woods to cut trees, repair fence etc. General farm work. I was thinking of getting an ATV as I don't want to put ruts in fields and woods. But I am seriously considering a used Roxor. Heavier than I want, but they look good, would last a long time and look fairly easy to work on. With care I could manage the weight.

Anyone using one for farm work? Any issues between different years - i.e. is 2018 better than 2019 or vice versa, or are they pretty much the same.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: SMF

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve only had mine for about a month now but I bought it to replace a Yamaha Viking that I used on the farm here.

The Roxor has exceeded my expectations so far. Love the little 4 cyl diesel.

whiteroxorssr

We have had ours since Oct. 2018. We also have a farm and the Roxor is used daily. We had a Polaris Ranger before and like our Roxor much better. It is a workhorse and very dependable. If you can find one with Diff locks, I would recommend them. Only negative is the steering radius but you get use to it.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The locker is necessary and could be added to any one you find. Personally I think the 5.38 gears in the newer models is best for farm work. The 18s had 3.73 gears are don't cruise slow enough for me.

nomadsnj

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have an F250 but it's too heavy to drive over pastures. I will use with a bale unroller to put out round bales, drive into the woods to cut trees, repair fence etc. General farm work. I was thinking of getting an ATV as I don't want to put ruts in fields and woods. But I am seriously considering a used Roxor. Heavier than I want, but they look good, would last a long time and look fairly easy to work on. With care I could manage the weight.

Anyone using one for farm work? Any issues between different years - i.e. is 2018 better than 2019 or vice versa, or are they pretty much the same.

Thanks for any help.
I have a 2019 automatic. Use it for light farm duty. Outstanding value for the money. You will want to address the open diff as you can lose traction surprisingly easy in both 2wd and 4wd. Turning radius is disappointing, but you can improve that via adjusting the stops. And fun to drive when not working!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you all. These are very helpful comments. I am seeing a 2018 with 5k miles for 15k. Standard model, no options. but appears well taken care of.
I will let you know if I get it.
Thx again,
Been using my 2018 for farm work for 3 years. Lockers not necessary. Just get better tires for mud. Around 3000 miles. No problems. Wouldn’t go back to toy vehicle for anything.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you all. These are very helpful comments. I am seeing a 2018 with 5k miles for 15k. Standard model, no options. but appears well taken care of.
I will let you know if I get it.
Thx again,
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I recommend a bare bones model, especially if you are somewhat handy, this forum will help you with just about anything, even a caveman like me, lol
1629834071372.jpeg

apt333

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I didn't get the Roxor and not seeing any others near me, so I ended up buying a 1963 Jeep CJ5. It runs well but needs some work, but for 5k it allows me a decent budget to rebuild it. I will miss the diesel engine, but the good news for me is it is 1000 lbs lighter and can be street tagged.

Thank you all for the welcome to this board and the comments. It was not be, but it was helpful guidance.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have 4 Roxors that we use on our farms. All 2018 standard. They will last compared to the plastik SxS.
Easy to fix and upgrade.

Buckeyejoeg

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am looking to buy a Roxor for farm use. One use I will have wil require driving between 30” rows of corn. Anyone make spacers to get the wheel spacing correct?

Marengo Farmer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We have put 2000 miles on our All Weather model since May. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't have enough spare time to work on another old rig, it has to run. This is a great blend of proven technology without extra gadgets to break down. Most importantly, there's no emissions equipment to fail.

Talking to our fuel delivery man, he said every farm he hauls to has a broken down plastic sxs in the shop. I'll pass on an investment like that.

Marengo Farmer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am looking to buy a Roxor for farm use. One use I will have wil require driving between 30” rows of corn. Anyone make spacers to get the wheel spacing correct?
You should be able to find a custom wheel shop make up whatever spacing you need

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven’t bothered to measure wheel width on stock and my machine is no longer stock. How wide of tires will you be using to run down the rows or will that even matter? Also what’s the width of your stock wheel track and how many more inches do you need?

Buckeyejoeg

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I plan to use something like this. The tire track is not too critical for this spraying. But when spraying crops I would use pretty narrow tires.
sprayer.JPG