ooooooooooo

Suspension/Bushings Squeaking

b-pinkerton

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am wondering if anyone has changed bushings or has a solution that would work to stop the squeaking suspension?

Mine isn't making a popping noise, just straight squeaks. I use my Roxor for 90% hunting and it is a beast. The only problem I have encountered so far is the squeaky suspension from the rough trails/roads. It was unbearable last weekend driving around, but I ended up using a can of WD-40 to make it stop. I have tried doing some research on Rubber vs Polyurethane and wanted to know yall's opinions.

PS. I have had my Roxor a year next month and just hit 400 miles. I can tell the suspension is finally loosening up and not as stiff as it used to be.

b-pinkerton

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have checked them and added grease to the 4 zerks I found on the leaf springs. I am still having issues with it being noisy and squeaking. Still looking for a solution, any help would be appreciated.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you check your ball joints or any other front end parts. Also check for loose bolts from work or modifications you may have done. Just thinking out loud.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tighten all suspension bolts. Many are not torqued properly. I’ve re torqued mine twice. Pops went away. One thing to remember is this suspension is old school. Us old timers first cars popped and squeaked as well.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes I know what you mean. I'm no spring chicken myself. I just bought my first set of torque wrenches after working on car from the 70's.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not trying to be "that guy", but mine was super squeaky when I first git it and now it never squeaks. I have about 6k miles on mine and I would say it stopped squeaking around 3000. I think it goes away when it breaks in.