ooooooooooo

Random questions

CTRAN

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi all. So, I wrote a week or two ago and since then have sold my Ranger, VW Convertible, and my GMC Sonoma. I'm going to drive a Roxor this morning at a place that rents them about an hour from me. If I like it, I'll be getting a new one next week to replace the 3 vehicles I sold. I have a couple questions that I have been thinking about that I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on. If you can answer any or all of them, I'd appreciate it much!

a) I'm looking at the hardcabs Roxor 2 enclosure. I will be using the Roxor all winter in South Dakota to plow and get around in the snow. Do the doors come off easily? roof? I also want to use it for recreation in the summer and get some wind in my hair. Would be nice to be able to transform into warm weather mode easily.

b) I'm thinking about the stage 2 from Diesel Freak. Are there any drawbacks to this? worse fuel economy? Premature engine wear? People talk about the 2022 gearing being different, but I don't really know what that means. Would I still be able to cruise at 60mph comfortably?

c) any recommendations for a plow set up? I saw the KFI mount and plow and thought that was a reasonable price. Is it durable? Anything else I should be checking out?

d) I see a lot of people putting bigger tires on. Are the stock ones bad? They seem fine for what I'd be using it for....

e) I also see a lot of people with locking hubs. What does that do? 4wd doesn't work well with the stock set up? I will never be doing rock crawling, but will be using 4wd in snow in the winter.

Thanks all. I really appreciate the knowledge I've gleaned from this group and will continue to. Hopefully I can pay it forward when and if I become an owner. I appreciate it!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The roxor will definitely answer the call for all of your needs in my opinion.
First,the cab enclosure I'm not sure about
Second, the stage II from DF is definitely a no Brainerd great gains for the investment.
Third, I have a kfi plow on my sxs a kawasaki mule, and I love it. I'm sure it will get the job done well for you
Forth, if they are still using the Goodyear KO2 or 3 they are very good tires for multi purpose

The locking hubs are well worth the $$$ and super easy to install (took me about 15 mins per side)

Hope this helps some and best of luck with your new purchase, hope you post some pics on here of it.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I cant answer too many of questions but; the 2022 roxors have 5.38 gears in the axles. Good for 4 wheeling and slower trail crawling. Not so good for highway driving. You will still get up to 55-65 but I would drive far like that. It will be great for the snow plow.
The stock tires should do you ok with snow chains. They are kinda a street tread. So if you plan on going trail riding in the summer you may want something with a little more grip.
The locking hubs are good if you are good to do alot street driving or flat tow it.
Good luck to you and welcome.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Locking hubs, when unlocked, will free up the drive shaft on the front axles. Means less wear on road. For off road, just lock the hubs.

3.73 gearing will be better for in road travel. 5.38 will mean your engine will run RPM 1.44x (538 / 373) higher than with 3.73 gears.
With 3.73 you can run about 2200 RPM at 70 mph. With 5.38 you would rev above 3000 RPM and risk damaging the engine.
The ROXOR has its best torque right at around 2000 RPM. (You can Google Roxor torque band).
As posted earlier, 55 mph is probably the highest speed save for the motor with 5.38.

CTRAN

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the answers so far folks. I really appreciate it. For the hubs, that seems like a great thing to do if I'm driving often in 2wd. Is the part number for Warn 29062? That's what I've found, but it doesn't list Roxor in the fitment. Thanks for any info.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't remember the part number for the locking hubs. But it definitely turns better with them unlocked. I'm Shure the 22 still has a 45mph speed limiter on a stock tune. 500 miles would be a long drive with the crappy stock shocks also.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is the ones from Warn

Screenshot_20220918_105604_Amazon Shopping.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can easily install the hubs yourself. The hardest part is removing the stock center caps without scratching the wheels.
if you look around this forum, you will find some posts. There are also videos on YouTube just for the Roxor if you look for ‘Roxor locking hub installation’ or something similar.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I Posted a video on here on how to do it. If you would like let me know, and I can post it here

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
While your that far into the axle adding the hubs go ahead and remove the entire hub assembly and repack those bearings. Most likely they will need it, even if brand new.

Reactions: 1BB

Farmer78

I have a 1/2 cab from Hard Cabs on mine. Use it all the time in the winter. I have the fold out front window. Do not like it. The doors are easily slid off but are heavy. Had to get my wife to help me lift them back on. The rear window can be taken out leaving the frame, top and front windshield. I also installed the heater/defroster under dash. Works well enough for me.

buildorburn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi all. So, I wrote a week or two ago and since then have sold my Ranger, VW Convertible, and my GMC Sonoma. I'm going to drive a Roxor this morning at a place that rents them about an hour from me. If I like it, I'll be getting a new one next week to replace the 3 vehicles I sold. I have a couple questions that I have been thinking about that I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on. If you can answer any or all of them, I'd appreciate it much!

a) I'm looking at the hardcabs Roxor 2 enclosure. I will be using the Roxor all winter in South Dakota to plow and get around in the snow. Do the doors come off easily? roof? I also want to use it for recreation in the summer and get some wind in my hair. Would be nice to be able to transform into warm weather mode easily.

b) I'm thinking about the stage 2 from Diesel Freak. Are there any drawbacks to this? worse fuel economy? Premature engine wear? People talk about the 2022 gearing being different, but I don't really know what that means. Would I still be able to cruise at 60mph comfortably?

c) any recommendations for a plow set up? I saw the KFI mount and plow and thought that was a reasonable price. Is it durable? Anything else I should be checking out?

d) I see a lot of people putting bigger tires on. Are the stock ones bad? They seem fine for what I'd be using it for....

e) I also see a lot of people with locking hubs. What does that do? 4wd doesn't work well with the stock set up? I will never be doing rock crawling, but will be using 4wd in snow in the winter.

Thanks all. I really appreciate the knowledge I've gleaned from this group and will continue to. Hopefully I can pay it forward when and if I become an owner. I appreciate it!
I ordered one from Rally Tops, it has the jeep look and is insulated. 3800 delivered let you know how I like it soon.

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For what it’s worth… I’ve had a ‘46 CJ2A and a’64 CJ5. Both had 5.38 gears in the differentials. These numbers represent a ratio of the number of turns of the drive shaft to the number of turns of the axle. (Or, by extension, the wheels). The drive shaft will turn 5.38 times for one turn of the axle. This is like leverage. Or like the chains and sprockets on your old ten-speed bicycle. Neither the’46 nor the’64 were capable of speeds over 45 mph. This is partially due to the old, long stroke, 4 cylinder engines not being able to reach higher rpm’s. I put a more modern, higher revving Buick V-6 in the ‘46 and got 55-65 mph AND more power, AND more mpg’s.
My 2019 Roxor came with 3.73 gears and 31 inch tall tires. I wanted taller tires for better ground clearance, but if you leave those factory gears there, you’ll lose power and mpg’s because the engine is constantly on the short end of the leverage stick. (Literally!)
I changed the gears to 4.56’s and got 33” tires on it.
I don’t like big lifts. They make it harder to get in and out of the vehicle, and since I’m almost 68 years old, I don’t wanna deal with that. They also raise the center of gravity, making them easier to roll over in the really rough stuff. I did have to put a 2.5” lift on the front, cuz the tires were rubbing on the fenders in extreme terrain. Made 1.5” longer shackles for the rear because they were rubbing a little too,
Here’s your take-away from my perspective: put some bigger tires on it, and you’ll be great! You’ll still have some great low end for grunt work and the bigger tires will give you decent highway speeds. Your odometer will be out of whack for certain. (I’m saying this based on the assumption that Mahindra didn’t change any gearing in the transfer case or transmission.)
If you do any trail stuff, a little lift will really keep those tires from rubbing.
Have fun!!!

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The used ones I've seen here on the forums , some super prices, that look like a Jeep with all the mods done would be a better deal for you . I'd get a 2018 or 2019 . I believe the Jeep looking ones will hold their value better. With that 5.38 ratio it really wont be a street machine . I went with 235/85 16 tires on mine ,works great with no lift parts 3.73 gears .It goes faster than I want to go ...

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The used ones I've seen here on the forums , some super prices, that look like a Jeep with all the mods done would be a better deal for you . I'd get a 2018 or 2019 . I believe the Jeep looking ones will hold their value better. With that 5.38 ratio it really wont be a street machine . I went with 235/85 16 tires on mine ,works great with no lift parts 3.73 gears .It goes faster than I want to go ...
For those new to Roxor, some really good advice in this thread.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
4wd does fine with factory hubs. Keeps the drivetrain in a part time 4wd. No different than keeping aftermarket hubs in the locked position with the transfer case in 2h. Essentially keeping 4wd at the ready of the operator. Keeping the hubs in the free position will put the machine in a true 2wd mode and take some stress off of the drivetrain.

I installed the Mile Marker hubs on mine and they have performed great over that last 1.5 yrs.

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We got this cab and wipers from Traderhank. It has an extra partition included so it can be used as the short cab, which is how we have it installed. Handier for hauling, and we don't have the back part of the roll bar that's required for the full install yet. The parts for holding the windshield partway open, or closed, are really cheap plastic, but otherwise it seems all good and solid.

mahindra-roxor4-full-hard-cab-enclosure-by-hardcabs

I'm thinking about previous vehicles we've owned, Wrangler, Cherokees, Grand Cherokee, older Chevy pickups, that didn't have lockouts and were always engaged, and were fine.

3100 miles on the '22 Roxor without a glitch, haven't added to or modified the performance yet. The standard gear ratio is good for what we do. Need some better tires before winter.

Oakie47p

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My husband picked up his all weather roxor middle of March,it has almost 14,000 on it,he practically lives in it.
He had a 2016 orion sand reeper before,liked it but loves his roxor.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine is almost at 5k now currently to cold to drive it. Drove mine to work all summer, love getting the looks and curious minds