ooooooooooo

Snow plow questions….

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a ½ mile long gravel driveway that I need to plow every winter. Based on the group’s experience, what would be the best plow setup for the Roxor? I am thinking the winch raised plows are too fragile for what I need to do. Also, I have an OTR front bumper without the 2 inch receiver hitch. From photos on the web, it looks like I need to remove it for the winter to attach the plow mount,as the welded on D rings are in the way. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Doug

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm gonna use the Warn to raise and lower an old 6' Meyers

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If cost isn’t a concern go with a plow from Western,Fisher or Snow-ex. They are the same plow just painted different colors.

538B9D38-67F9-4342-A795-2AF7B9524D2B.jpeg

B

Bister

The best (and most expensive) is the V-Plow set up. I just posted pics and video of mine in another thread that was just started. Same plow as above.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is what I put on mine with a snow bear plow. Only used it twice but so far everything seems to work great.

I had a Snow Bear plow on an old Bronco II, the plow outlasted the Bronco, but I did have to replace the winch motor once. I see the Snow Bear models for UTV's attach to a 2 inch receiver, whereas with my Bronco, I had to remove the front bumper and the clips for the plow attached directly to the frame.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The best (and most expensive) is the V-Plow set up. I just posted pics and video of mine in another thread that was just started. Same plow as above.

Thanks Bister, I will look that thread up. When it snows here, it blows afterwards, and what is 3 inches on the ground becomes a foot or more in places where it drifts. I don't want to call what I do abuse, but it probably borders on that. If what I am doing is abuse, then I probably better get the more durable package.

I watch the videos online for different makers where they are pushing maybe 6 inches around a parking lot, making nice little piles. That is not usually what I am up against.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm gonna use the Warn to raise and lower an old 6' Meyers

That is something to consider, old iron and the heavier winch. My Snow Bear had a very small winch (and a light plow), probably why I did in a motor on mine.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

JimR, it sounds like you added the winch when you bought the plow. I already have a winch on the Roxor, so that would be half the battle, would just have to get the mount, push tube and the blade. The mount attaches to the push tube, which mounts to the blade?

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
JimR, it sounds like you added the winch when you bought the plow. I already have a winch on the Roxor, so that would be half the battle, would just have to get the mount, push tube and the blade. The mount attaches to the push tube, which mounts to the blade?

Yes it does

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How long did this take you to assemble? Did you have to drill anything? Great setup. As much as I would love the v plow, it ends up being around 3-4x as much and it is tough for my situation to justify. Let us know how it works out of you when you get to use it.

B

Bister

Thanks Bister, I will look that thread up. When it snows here, it blows afterwards, and what is 3 inches on the ground becomes a foot or more in places where it drifts. I don't want to call what I do abuse, but it probably borders on that. If what I am doing is abuse, then I probably better get the more durable package.

I watch the videos online for different makers where they are pushing maybe 6 inches around a parking lot, making nice little piles. That is not usually what I am up against.
Not sure if you can open this link but the V-Plow is a beast. Check out a video in the comments if it opens.

Dustin Coleman

B

Bister

How long did this take you to assemble? Did you have to drill anything? Great setup. As much as I would love the v plow, it ends up being around 3-4x as much and it is tough for my situation to justify. Let us know how it works out of you when you get to use it.
I used it all last year. I have the video on YouTube and the other snow plow thread.

The install instructions are on the Roxor webpage. It explains it best. Takes a couple hours initially, once the drilling is done, it only takes 15-20 minutes to put everything back on if you remove it for summer like I do.

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I considered the v plow too, but ended up getting the KFI plow because of the price difference. Especially since I will only be plowing my driveway. It only took me about a little over 2 to 3 hours to install the setup. I had to drill four extra holes in the bumper and I also trimmed the top of the bumper so the winch mount plate would fit without overlapping it.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok thanks JimR. I have the factory winch already. I think I am going to replicate your setup, unless I can find a deal on a used v-plow in the next couple weeks. My only hesitation is I want to use the plow for my driveway, but also for ice fishing. Last year we had so much snow on our lake, the v-plow would be ideal as you can just make one pass for a quick roadway.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a ½ mile long gravel driveway that I need to plow every winter. Based on the group’s experience, what would be the best plow setup for the Roxor? I am thinking the winch raised plows are too fragile for what I need to do. Also, I have an OTR front bumper without the 2 inch receiver hitch. From photos on the web, it looks like I need to remove it for the winter to attach the plow mount,as the welded on D rings are in the way. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Doug

It depends a lot on where you live.......some people measure snowfall in inches, some measure snowfall in feet. I measure in feet, we get sometimes 300 inches a season........come December I lock up the Rox and head South for the balance of the winter, so a fancy plow setup was overkill, I went with Snowbear. Has actuator for lift,manual angle. I also use factory winch for extra stabulity. Cost , about 1500.00. On second winter now,no snow yet

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I pulled the trigger JimR and ordered your setup. Parts should arrive today. I will post pics once I install it. Excited to see how it performs, so now I will have to wait for snow/

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I pulled the trigger JimR and ordered your setup. Parts should arrive today. I will post pics once I install it. Excited to see how it performs, so now I will have to wait for snow/
I am still hoping we get no snow. lol.