ooooooooooo

Snow plow questions….

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Im also thinking bout this as i have an extra blade and a winch mounted already. Can you post pics of the push tube? I think that part and the bumper mount are all i need.
pushtube1.jpg
pushtube2.jpg

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks..What Im not getting is how that fits into the KFI 2 inch receiver. There has to be another part right?

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks..What Im not getting is how that fits into the KFI 2 inch receiver. There has to be another part right?
The 2 inch receiver on the KFI mount is not used to mount the push tube. The push tube is attached to the mount using two pins through the holes. These pins came with the push tube. No other parts needed

pins.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bister

The 2 inch receiver on the KFI mount is not used to mount the push tube. The push tube is attached to the mount using two pins through the holes. These pins came with the push tube. No other parts needed

View attachment 5024
Sweet, that's a better set up that just the push tube and gives you the front receiver if you need it.

Edit: thanks fro posting that JimR, it makes more sense. I have the big v-plow, which I love, but for someone looking for a more economical plow, this looks like a good setup and way cheaper than buy the $900 mount from Roxor for the same plow.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sweet, that's a better set up that just the push tube and gives you the front receiver if you need it.

Edit: thanks fro posting that JimR, it makes more sense. I have the big v-plow, which I love, but for someone looking for a more economical plow, this looks like a good setup and way cheaper than buy the $900 mount from Roxor for the same plow.

My Snowbear is set up this way...( those Canadians are crafty )

B3FDEC6E-9F6B-4AA9-B98C-4B1A6B07D693.jpeg 5BB025BF-37B0-4555-8B28-A1F93CAF0543.jpeg C6D0E919-C959-464A-BD70-E9F024B206C1.jpeg

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There's a plate towards the front of the push tube with 3 holes. I used the center one

Jim, thanks from me also for explaining this. I was going to get around at asking the same questions about the mount and the winch connection.

Doug

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Getting ready to install my plow setup that JimR outlined. I have all the parts, and will likely install this week. That being said, with the factory installed Warn winch, is there anyway to mount a controller in the cab vs the cable that needs to be hooked up on the winch? It will be a pain to route that along the outside of the vehicle. Has anyone used this accessory with their factory installed Warn winch: Wireless Remote for Truck & SUV Winches

Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance.

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Getting ready to install my plow setup that JimR outlined. I have all the parts, and will likely install this week. That being said, with the factory installed Warn winch, is there anyway to mount a controller in the cab vs the cable that needs to be hooked up on the winch? It will be a pain to route that along the outside of the vehicle. Has anyone used this accessory with their factory installed Warn winch: Wireless Remote for Truck & SUV Winches

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a warn winch, but what I did was I wired in a winch rocker switch that fits in one of the switch blanks in the Roxor dash wired to a winch control solenoid.
Winch contactor solenoid https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L619C3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
winch rocker switch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VA0YCD0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jim- just checking as I didn't see it written down- but does the KFI parts come with a warning that you need to use a poly plow only?
Wondering if its too light for a metal plow

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I

Thanks in advance.
Is it just me, or does the forum now kill all links? I can't seem to follow anything that anyone recommends or asks questions about..

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Thanks in advance.
Please take lots of pictures, if it's not self explanatory. I have all the parts sitting in my garage but haven't had the chance to bring them up North to mount on my Roxor.

JimR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jim- just checking as I didn't see it written down- but does the KFI parts come with a warning that you need to use a poly plow only?
Wondering if its too light for a metal plow
Hi Mike. There are no warnings I know of. I chose the Poly Plow pro because it has 6 vertical ribs welded to angled iron bars on the top and bottom compared to two ribs on most of the other KFI blades I looked at. This just seems more sturdy to me, but only time will tell.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Mike. There are no warnings I know of. I chose the Poly Plow pro because it has 6 vertical ribs welded to angled iron bars on the top and bottom compared to two ribs on most of the other KFI blades I looked at. This just seems more sturdy to me, but only time will tell.
Well Jim, it seems like a few people are following your build so I guess we will all find out together!

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is a good question as well. I am looking at upgrading my bumper, but if anyone goes this route, let us know how it works out. For now, I am just going to install with the factory bumper as it could snow any day here in MN.

I have a ½ mile long gravel driveway that I need to plow every winter. Based on the group’s experience, what would be the best plow setup for the Roxor? I am thinking the winch raised plows are too fragile for what I need to do. Also, I have an OTR front bumper without the 2 inch receiver hitch. From photos on the web, it looks like I need to remove it for the winter to attach the plow mount,as the welded on D rings are in the way. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Doug

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Thanks in advance.
I ordered the wireless remote today and will let you know how well it works.