ooooooooooo

Newbie questions

Texagg1994

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I want a roxor. Not quiet decided between a 2022 or used. My ideal is a vehicle I can 'cab in' mostly for the winter and open for warm months. And I ride around a fairly flat 1400 acres and hunt with thermals. So I want a hard top jeep with a fold down or easy removable windshield (so thermals are effective). To be side less and windshield less in the warm days, but always a roof. But in winter can mostly cab it in with a heater, yet a half or foldable wind shield. So, that being said.... Is there a easy removable wind shield I can do with a hard top? or a drop down like the old jeeps? not a fold up! (I heard a CJ7 fold down will fit????) or a half wind shield that has a pull up full- like my polaris from fortress???

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Most windshields have clamps that are relatively easy to remove.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'll take more close up when I get home

20210416_163643.jpg 20210113_172530.jpg 20210110_143134.jpg

Farmer78

I have a "hardcab" with a tilt out windshield. Also installed an under dash heater/defroster hooked up to radiator. Have a 20 amp back-up cab heater hooked up directly to the battery. Drove it to work last week when it of 0 degrees F. Kept me warm enough with a long sleeve t-shirt. The problem is that the roxor runs cooler than is needed to warm up the under dash heater. Have a cover coming to snap onto the grill to limit air flow to help warm it up a little. (Much like the old diesel trucks used to run over their radiators.) Got it ordered from diesel freaks.

Farmer78

It is my understanding that the 22's have a lot lower gear ratio. Great for climbing things or putting around in rough country, however, if you are on smoother trails/roads, the older ones have a 3:73 that will get you a little faster with less rpm's.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Only 2018 and 2019 models had 3.73. 2020 and later have the lower gear ratio.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a "hardcab" with a tilt out windshield. Also installed an under dash heater/defroster hooked up to radiator. Have a 20 amp back-up cab heater hooked up directly to the battery. Drove it to work last week when it of 0 degrees F. Kept me warm enough with a long sleeve t-shirt. The problem is that the roxor runs cooler than is needed to warm up the under dash heater. Have a cover coming to snap onto the grill to limit air flow to help warm it up a little. (Much like the old diesel trucks used to run over their radiators.) Got it ordered from diesel freaks.
On my heater, I think they tapped off the intercooler, it blows nice hot air.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
95 wrangler windshield. Made it nice I made brackets to bolt to the windshield. Had already threaded holes in windshield. Remove those bolts and it will fold. Top would have to be removed since it's a CJ7 bikini top. Used the windshield channel to mount top

20220208_174832.jpg 20220208_174825.jpg 20220208_174815.jpg 20220208_174811.jpg

Texagg1994

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I ended up getting a 2019 with 600hrs, ranch armor roof with lights and rear seat, Mahindra windshield, and 32' tires. I didn't realize it was an automatic tranny until I agreed to it, but I like it so far- going to be a ranch work and hunt vehicle. I have a steep cut into a creek I made and it climbs out in drive without spinning wheels, my polariss all spin out and I have to get a running start with them to go up. It squeaks when full turn, the pulley on the power steering pump stops. The belt seems tight but some forums seems to suggest tighter. I am going to tighten it and narrow turning radius tomorrow and see it that helps. I ordered Corbeau heated seats (out a month) and the Roxor cab heater (out 15 weeks) and a set of Bilstein shocks (in stock!). Still trying to figure out a quickly removable windshield for hunting with thermals. I'm thinking going for the CJ7 fold down windshield (but I think it may hit my ranch armor roof front overhang. The 2022 roof has a smaller downward overhand that looks compatible with a fold down windshield, but mine is a larger 2019 style.

Texagg1994

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I tightened the PS tension bolt, that solved the squeaking. It had an inch of play in the belt, which was hard to appreciate from above, you really need to craw under to check the tension in the belt. I got it pretty tight when I push on the belt to less than 1/2" when I press on it, maybe 1/4".

I adjusted the steering stops too. I have 265-75-r16 tires so when I adjusted the first time the tires rubbed, so I back off a turn on the bolts and they don't rub. Both bolts are about 1.5" long now. They were also uneven to begin with. I measured my turning radius, inside to inside tire marks. They were 33' diameter turning to the left and 29' to the right. After adjusting, 29' inside diameter both left and right. All I did was even them up I guess. Maybe prior owner already adjusted them?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Careful adjusting those steering stops. Upon articulation and especially while turning articulated the calipers and banjo bolts can and will make contact with the shocks. Worst case you can damage the banjo bolt and cause a leak in the brake lines and lose brakes. If your just in the road and level ground it will probably be a non issue. If you take it off road be careful.

Texagg1994

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Careful adjusting those steering stops. Upon articulation and especially while turning articulated the calipers and banjo bolts can and will make contact with the shocks. Worst case you can damage the banjo bolt and cause a leak in the brake lines and lose brakes. If your just in the road and level ground it will probably be a non issue. If you take it off road be careful.
Thanks, next time I have an assistant I'll have them look specifically at those while I turn and slowly drive. But not much off road, just central Texas ranch work and play!

lcp

Thanks, next time I have an assistant I'll have them look specifically at those while I turn and slowly drive. But not much off road, just central Texas ranch work and play!
I'm looking at buying one and test drove a new one in Early yesterday. Would you mind if I pick your brain in the next few days?

Farmer78

Just so you know. I bought a 2019 model and installed hard cab and heater. If you are thinking about going this route I would recommend paying extra for the all season cab that the newer models are able to get. Mine works great but I think I invested more than what the 2022 with all season cab costs. Plus you get air conditioner.