ooooooooooo

My buddy has a Roxor and I do scanning and engineering, what do you want?

MonsterMaxx

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm an engineer by trade and my buddy just got a new Roxor and is asking me to make some stuff for it. So we scanned it and are getting ready to make some parts.

Wondering what you all would like to see made for it. Sky is the limit.
Roxor 1.7.jpg

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Give us some ideas of what you can do for the Roxor.
Are we talking Body Parts?
Engine Upgrades?
Electronics, cracking the 2.7 ECM would be a great help. Having a 120 HP 2.7 would be great.
Give us some ideas on what you have in mind.

Bob R

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
HALF DOORS! The only ones I have found are waaay too expensive! I could probably make my own, but it’s too hot right now in the Phoenix area!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
3 pt and PTO setup for small implements

My thoughts are an old school pump mounted on a shaft off the crank and back of front bumper. Hydro motor on the back bumper area. 3 pt lift in the bed, and lower hinges on the bumper area.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As was listed above:
Fender Flares for the current body style.
Reasonably priced Half Doors
Add on Upper section for the Half Doors to close the cab in. I have seen this on a couple YJ's lately.

Another good one would be a reasonably priced Hard Door assembly.

Bob R

RedRoxParts

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would love to see fender flares or front fender options as well.

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
1. 4 bolt rear clevis mounts that fit the hole pattern.
2. Rear bumperettes like on the WWII Jeeps that fit the rear 4 bolt hole pattern. (This would have come in handy when my wife backed the Roxor into the rear of my pickup. Spare tire hit first, with the Bumperettes, they would have hit first and likely prevented the spare tire hit.)
3. Some type of mount that attaches to the upper and lower door hinge locations for mounting your favorite scabbard for your favorite SBR or carbine length toy, similar to the way the LRDG and SAS mounted them.
4. A rigid, but folding/Swiveling mount with 6 degrees of freedom for attaching your favorite toy to the side, hard top or ROPS, similar to what is currently used on the military Polaris UTVs.
5. Bolt on rear or front Safari seat setups.

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just in case you missed it… fender flares! :D

322Saloon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm an engineer by trade and my buddy just got a new Roxor and is asking me to make some stuff for it. So we scanned it and are getting ready to make some parts.

View attachment 13997
I'd like to see a Jerry can mount that works with the existing spare tire mount. Along side of the tire.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 13997
Custom aluminum roof, rails all the way around with built-in led lights. Or at least that's a project down the road for me. Also I'd have it extend over the front windshield similar to a sun visor on the big rigs.

MonsterMaxx

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
First thing I'm doing is some handles to get in and out of the little beast. My buddy is in his 60s and finds getting in and out to be difficult to say the least.
I'll 3d print them from carbon fiber reinforced nylon and will maybe make some billet aluminum ones too. Prototype is on the printer now...

Handle2.JPG

Sounds like fender flairs should be the next item on the list, I'll see what I can do.

A jerry can mount, great idea.

LED light bar mounts too. Another good one.

Keep them coming guys, I'm seeing a ton of stuff we can make for the Roxor.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would like to check those out!
Send to Louisiana for evalution.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
There are some really good ideas here.

Something I always thought would be handy to have back on the farm, was a front-end mounted gin pole or crane that used the winch to raise and lower heavy items. It could easily be hooked up to the two shackle mounts for the clevises.

I'd also like to see something on each end of the front bumper that are similar to levelers for pop up campers, to transfer that heavy weight from the bump directly to the ground and not go through your suspension system and tires. It would be nice to have pads on the end of levelers for stationary work, but also swapped out for some sort of heavy-duty compact tire, so if you needed to move a heavy load to a new location, you can do so and still not transfer that load to the suspension system on your vehicle.

Here are some ideas.

Another thing that would be handy, is a mount that's semi-permanent in between the two rear vertical ROPS on the passenger side of the vehicle, and on it you can quickly attach and remove the Pioneer Tool Rack from a HMMWV. It holds a shovel, ax, and mattock. You can buy those racks fairly cheap, and there's no sense trying to design a better mouse trap, when you have what you need already made, and proven.

Here you can see the handle at the top, and I think if you designed something where you can just lift up the rack and drop the handle into a "U" shaped upper attachment point, and maybe a safety pin to hold it in place so it cannot lift out at all, and then at the bottom, lock it in, and maybe add some sort of nylon strap as a backup to hold it in place, you'd be fine, and have something that's easy to mount and remove in just a minute or so.

I'd also like to see some sort of attachment point for an 18" military machete and its plastic sheath, and a container that holds a 3/8" x 20' tow chain, all on this same semi-permanent mount between the ROPS.

Now, if you need these tools, you can quickly mount them, but if you don't, they come off quick and easy, just like they do on the HMMWV. Just make sure they mount on the passenger side, in the event they somehow come loose, they fly off into the ditch and not oncoming traffic.

The other thing that would be very cool to have, but spendy as well, is a hydraulic pump with an electric clutch and fan belt pulley. You'd need to fab a small hydraulic tank with a filter mount and baffle inside to keep the oil from foaming, but it's not hard to do. I did it on my M38 Jeep for my Mile Marker hydraulic winch. It's nice to have about a 3 or 4 gallon tank at least, if you want to expand the use of the hydraulics. There's 231 cubic inches per gallon so it's not hard to figure out a tank size and location. A one foot by one foot by one foot tank is 7.5 gallons. I also mounted on the front and rear, quick couplers for whatever I might need in the future. I never used them, but I thought why not add them since I'm doing this.

I did this whole setup when I lived up in Wisconsin over 20 years ago. My plan was to mount a skid steer 72" wide hydraulic snowblower on the front of my Jeep. My driveway was like a half mile long and would drift four and five feet high and packed in like concrete. You couldn't plow it even with the county snowplow. They had to use the road grader with the V plow and then spend several hours just beating the living hell out of that machine trying to get through, and driveways were last on their list of snow clearing so I sat for days until they got to me. After two winters of that crap, I decided to build a snowblower and just go out every couple hours and clear the driveway. Now I just moved south and got out of that cold.

I think making a front-end mount for the Roxor for a skid steer snow blower would be very handy, and you're not beating the hell out of your vehicle pushing snow, and looking back, I should have started a plowing business blowing snow. I could have paid for the build in no time. I think I had around $3500 into the whole thing with all new parts, and that was a Muncie pump too, but now those are pushing a grand themselves and the blowers are around $5000, but still, it might be well worth it if you live where it snows a lot.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO put the skid mount plate on the rear. We have a ton of weight carrying capacity left in the back, and it helps to have that weight for the winter. Running a blower specifically would be awesome to make $ doing driveways. Yes, you have to back up, but the Rox is small, so it shouldn't be too too bad.