ooooooooooo

Max’s Roxor Build

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s the little things that eat up time... the recessed spring plates hit the shock mounts.

Fixed!

0a012a49f560d1159fdef6fb02bac04c.jpg

76933f0d5c41e2357914c9cafe7e6dbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

Reminds me of that Cool and The Gang song. GET DOWN ON IT DEWDEW DA DEW DA DEW DEW DEW. LOL.

Looking great!

BDRAG

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If it hooks up on dry ground, I think it will carry the front tires.... That's some Dodge Demon action there! LMAO. Good stuff Max!

Now that would be cool.

I’d probably break a drive shaft or transfer case before the tires come up though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Today’s project. Came up with some Front bump stop mounts and got them all welded up.
222bde4476f16d8fab80e58cfb96049c.jpg

2c4ab558e64176d1027bd0ae890e34b1.jpg

b9b3110ff3b903e6997a6261ada9ce2e.jpg

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yesterday I made some perches for the bump stops to contact on the axles. It’s the last thing before i can paint it and get the front axle buttoned up. Of course they are probably the prettiest welds I’ve ever done and they’ll be mounted so no one will ever see them...
149b2fcd82a55da0584d4b1796ad60f0.jpg

Last night I was up till 2 am putting in a diesel freak clutch. On my back, in the driveway. By the end of the night my arms felt like jello and both flashlights where dead. I got it in though!

Check out this set up... trans jack on a board on top of 2 samurai wheels. I laugh when people say they can’t do something because they don’t have a garage or a lift. That trans and transfer case has to weigh at least 300 lbs.

d57373d4541b6755084937e9908c6918.jpg

Last edited:

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Off topic- Have you thought about leaving Maryland and coming to the southwest? Your skills would get you a lot of business here in the off road world.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Off topic- Have you thought about leaving Maryland and coming to the southwest? Your skills would get you a lot of business here in the off road world.

Yes I’ve thought about it. But, I decided I’d start young and put my time in at a government job and earn a livable pension as well as stuffing away as much as I can into a 457. That way I’ll fully retire at 52 (if I make it that far. I’m 28 now). That’s when I’ll get serious about doing my own thing. I’m not much of a financial risk taker.
I also enjoy the abundant paid leave I’m able to take now to go out and enjoy doing what love.

4:00pm on January 13, 2044 can’t come soon enough.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

You build with your hands old school and it looks like you think about your job and later in life old school. I like that. You go Max A!

12:00 am January 14, 2021 Can't come soon enough for this old fat bast ard. YEEEE HAWWWWW. I'm taking early at 62. Wife will be 4 months ahead of me. Together we will bring home more than I am now alone. Just insurance is gonna kill us for the next 3 years. WAaaaaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes I’ve thought about it. But, I decided I’d start young and put my time in at a government job and earn a livable pension as well as stuffing away as much as I can into a 457. That way I’ll fully retire at 52 (if I make it that far. I’m 28 now). That’s when I’ll get serious about doing my own thing. I’m not much of a financial risk taker.
I also enjoy the abundant paid leave I’m able to take now to go out and enjoy doing what love.

? It's not good to count the years this far out. I did that in the Army. The years really drug out doing that.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's not good to count the years this far out. I did that in the Army. The years really drug out doing that.

Not like Im not having a good time while doing it. I use to work an amazing job. I was a ranger on a lake, on a boat everyday (boats are my other hobby) it was the best job ever but.... I knew if I wanted to be one of these people that where on the lake, sitting back on there fancy boat drinking a beer at noon on a Wednesday I had to make some sacrifices now.

Now I make good money. Bought a inexpensive house so I wouldn’t be dumping all of my money into a mortgage. I have my own boat and very soon may be purchasing a second home on that same lake. Hell, half of my friends my age still live at home with their parents.

Not saying I’m doing it the best way but I’m living life my way. I’m happy and my wife is happy. Can’t ask for more then that.

Now let’s get back to Roxors!

Last edited:

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You build with your hands old school and it looks like you think about your job and later in life old school. I like that. You go Max A!

12:00 am January 14, 2021 Can't come soon enough for this old fat bast ard. YEEEE HAWWWWW. I'm taking early at 62. Wife will be 4 months ahead of me. Together we will bring home more than I am now alone. Just insurance is gonna kill us for the next 3 years. WAaaaaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

That’s awesome. Almost there!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not like Im not having a good time while doing it. I use to work an amazing job. I was a ranger on a lake, on a boat everyday (boats are my other hobby) it was the best job ever but.... I knew if I wanted to be one of these people that where on the lake, sitting back on there fancy boat drinking a beer at noon on a Wednesday I had to make some sacrifices now.

Now I make good money. Bought a inexpensive house so I wouldn’t be dumping all of my money into a mortgage. I have my own boat and very soon may be purchasing a second home on that same lake. Hell half of my friends my age still live at home with their parents.

Not saying I’m doing it the best way but I’m living life my way. I’m happy and my wife is happy. Can’t ask for more then that.

Now let’s get back to Roxors!

LOL. I'm 34 and some of the guys I grew up with still live at home with mom.

Yeah, back to Roxors. Btw, I high centered my Roxor 45 minutes ago on a hill in my back yard. Embarrassing, my wife and kids were coming down our driveway as I was winching it off with my service truck. Right behind her my parents were showing up.

With that being said, you ready to sell me the YJ spring setup? I see you just shipped my shackle order today

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Same here gov job, just retire in 2028 for me, I just wish I had 3% of your automotive talent. I am going to train dogs with brother and family instead

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I make shackles pretty much every day. What do you mean?

Maybe he's asking if you ever decided on what type of set up to offer regarding the YJ springs?

Do you have a website set up Max?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I set one up the best I could for now. I don’t know a whole lot about web design. Climaxoffroad.com

Yes I’m only making the shackles right now. I pulled down the light mounts and some other things because I didn’t have the time to fabricate them, the last couple months have been hectic to say the least.

Since I haven’t tested the kit and the other guy I shipped one to hasn’t been able to test it yet, I don’t think it’s a good idea sell the the “Max Travel” kit just yet.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I make shackles pretty much every day. What do you mean?

Sorry. I fat fingered that. I meant to say "I see you sent the shackles today." I got a tracking number yesterday. I'd like to buy the YJ spring hangers you've made.