Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are a few updates.

IMG_7452.jpeg IMG_7454.jpeg IMG_7453.jpeg IMG_7451.jpeg

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I see the Cooper Tires are installed. Looks like the shocks are installed also.
I see the Roof and Windshield are installed.
I was hoping to get a rear view of the Farm Bumper. My guess would be that it is installed also.

Did you get it home yet?????
How does it Scale on the IMPRESSED O METER??
Looks to me like you have all the important bases covered very well. Nice Build.

Bob R

Last edited:

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It's still at shop. Will be using a trailer. To get it home.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am surprised that you did not get the Bolt On Shackle Mounts for the 42" Front Bumper. It is nice to have a solid tie point on both the front and back. I used a rope tied to the front Shackle on my Wrangler MOAB to pull up a 4' X 8' Muddy Tree Stand with 10' legs a couple years ago. I have a WARN M8000 Winch on my Wrangler, but using a rope was handier pulling the stand up.

I believe that the Back Farm Bumper has Shackle Mounts welded on it. They do not need to be added to the Rear Bumper.

When you get it home, take a look at the bottom outside area of the Cecco Bumpers, and see if they have Tabs to hold a Hi Lift Jack to keep it from sliding off the bumper when you are jacking it up. My Wrangler MOAB came factory with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) Bumpers front and back. The Back Bumper has Tab Plates. The front bumper, well the person putting the MOAB Package together was not an Off Road Jeeper. They used an OEM Front Skid Plate on the MOAB Package. The AEV Skid Plate that is supposed to go with the AEV Front Bumper has a couple 2" X 2" Holes in it for the Hi Lift Jack Nose to go into, instead of Tabs. One of the young ladies on the "Chicks On The Rocks" web site was nice enough to sent be a picture and dimensions so that I could have my OEM Skid Plate modified for a Hi Lift Jack. I had a fabrication shop do the work, and it looks like it was factory.
I would think that the Cecco "ROXOR" Bumpers would need Tabs to hold the jack.
I also had my front AEV Bumper Stubbed like hers, by the same fabrication shop that modified the Skid Plate. As you can probably tell, I am a Hi Lift Jack Fan. The Hi Lift Jack mounted on the back of my MOAB looks new. That is because I had it sand blasted, and I rebuilt it, and painted it. I bought that jack new at Tharp Hardware in Norwood Missouri in the Winter of either 1973 or early in 1974. It rode around on the front bumper of my FJ40 Land Cruiser for a few years also.
I will probably mount my spare 48" Hi Lift Jack on the hood of Rocky The Roxor.

Bob R

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I didn't know the front were bolt on. So on my next order will get the mounts.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the Cecco web site I believe they are the first thing that comes up on the Top Left. Next to the Farm Bumper. It is handy to have a Tie Point on the front. Some times they can be handier than using a Winch. We were doing dirt work at the Range a few months ago, and it was muddy. I City Slicker with a Colorado Two Wheel Drive Pick-up that had an open rear end, ventured down the road to the One Hundred Yard Target Line that we had not gotten graveled yet, and got stuck. I about forgot, he did not have a Trailer Ball on it either. Looking things over I went with a pair of Recovery Straps instead of the Winch to pull him out with my Wrangler. I let him hook the strap to the safety chain hole. If he had Shackles or even a Trailer Ball to attach to, the odds of tearing something up would have went way down pulling him out.

I was doing a little thinking, and considered chopping the factory bumper and making it a stubby 42". I have a couple buddies who can fabricate, so no problem at all with End Caps. I could order the Shackle Mounts and use one as a pattern to add the other Four Bolt Holes to the Bumper. The Nuts are on the Frame Horn for the other Four Bolts. My reasoning was that I should never need a heavier bumper to protect the front with a Winch sticking out, and Hooks on the top, and Shackles on the front to pull with. Then it occurred to me that it might be a problem jacking the Roxor up with a Hi Lift Jack, with the Factory Bumper made from Beer Cans. The factory bumper is not constructed out of very heavy material. I will probably just order the Cecco 42" Base Model Bumper, and add the Shackle Mounts. I really do not need the Hoop for what I normally do. If you used Recovery Straps much, the Hoop might be handy to wind the strap up on to easily deploy OR to haul a Muddy Strap home to wash up before storing it.

I guess I better get off of here, and head to Church. We are cooking Breakfast this morning.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No report that you have it home yet.
I hope you are getting close to picking it up.

Bob R

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Green Goat is still at Red Dirt getting the finishing touches this weekend. I have told them its better to get things right than to rush as I am several hours from the shop. It should be done next week and I just need a full day to make the trip to pick up the unit. Many of the items ordered were not specific for the newer HD units and need small modifications to fit I was told. They had the manufacturer involved on the ECU as it did not go 55 mph stock, and I was told they may have replaced that ECU. We shall see how it performers when I get it back.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is the Green Goat. Just got the updated pics from Red Dirt. I haven't been able to pick it up with my work scheduled but happy with the outcome. It is what I was going for as far as looks. Now to see how it performs!

IMG_7559.jpeg IMG_7557.jpeg

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Gabe,

That looks nice with that tire tread and green paint. They didn't have green available for mine so I had to go with black.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They have a separate mechanic to do the rear locker which is the last item on the list.

Wesmertz

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
First thing before driving my machine I trailered it to the Tire Shop and swapped the factory 4 Ply Tires for a set of Taller, More Aggressive, 10 Ply Tires. (235/85R16 Steel Belted Radials)
Next on my build was a Glass Windshield with Wiper, and a Steel Top. Check out Diesel Freak for both.
The OEM Side Steps from Diesel Freak were a must. Tall Tires PLUS HD Suspension = Need Steps
Next was Mirrors both Rear View and Side Mirrors.
A roll bar mounted set of Sun Visors. This gave me a place to store my Insurance card up out of the elements. The Sun Visors that I got needed to be both longer and wider.
I have Rocker Switch's on order at my local Roxor Dealer. Both Wiper and Light Bar.

My next purchase will probably be a Rear Bulkhead. I need to start closing it in for Winter. The Rear Bulkhead from Diesel Freak I believe is a Hard Cab.

After the Rear Bulkhead, Turn Signals will be the next upgrade. I drive in town enough that not having turn signals is not handy at all. Turn Signals and Rear View Mirrors are something you use all the time.

On down the list, not in any order:
Heater with Defroster
Doors
Light Bar
Bumpers with a Reese Hitch
Winch
Spare Tire Carrier and Spare Tire.

I have decided to skip Locking Hubs. I use Four Wheel Drive pretty much daily. Steep Hill on both sides of a creek crossing on a gravel road. Locking hubs would stay locked in anyway.

A Rear Locker is something I am still researching. Every vehicle we have owned for years has been Four Wheel Drive with a Limited Slip Rear End. I would like to get a Quality Locker or Limited Slip Unit that I will be impressed with the first time I install it. So far I have not looked for a Limited Slip Option.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Bob R
I bough the exact same machine! My build will be almost identical, but I want to roll 33s so I will be doing a reverse shackle 2.5” lift for the front and a 1” shackle left for the back. Yours appears to have no lift at the moment if I’m not mistaken, and it looks fantastic.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It is Saturday, did you get a chance to pick the Green Goat up today?

Some pictures of the OX Locker Levers would be good. I have seen pictures of some installs that left room for improvement.

Bob R

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have picked up my unit from Red Dirt. Unfortunately, they were not allowed to install the Rear OX Locker at the dealership. I was told this would void the warranty on the unit. I am leaning on running the unit as is for some time but in my conditions at my place when it gets wet in my hills it is only a matter of time where we need the locker. So working to solve this issue. I am happy with the unit and modifications done so far. The unit top end speed may be just over 55 at 56 even with the new tires on gps. I would like more top end but the unit is just not built for it with the gears. I will never do that speed at my property but if I do use for some road stuff at least I am comfortable at 50 without pushing it to the max. The bilstein shocks make a nice improvement on the ride from stock. I will have to rename the green goat to something else until I get the lockers as I know it can't be a goat without them!

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am of the opinion that the only thing they could void the warranty on would be the Rear Axle Assembly. No reason the OX Locker would cause any damage to any other parts. I really cannot believe the rear OX Locker would be a problem to cause a warranty problem at all.

Bob R

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Please take a look at the under side of the Bumpers. Do they have Tabs on the ends to keep a Hi-Lift Jack from kicking out?

Bob R