ooooooooooo

Insuring your Roxor?

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those of you who have taken delivery. Are you going through local brokers for insurance? Have tried a couple of bigger companies and they have said they are not insuring the Roxor.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I never thought that some companies would refuse insurance. I will be sending an email to Intact. Thanks for the heads up.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It wouldn't surprise me if Mahindra is maybe going the same route as AM General tried awhile ago with the Humvees. Tell everyone to refuse insurance and it simply keeps them all off the road ways. I hope differently in Canada.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don't think Mahindra actually wants these off roadways entirely. I think they just need to do enough to not make it trivial to get them on them, and therefore avoid any legal hassles. They've likely already done enough by speed limiting and whatnot.

I don't see them actively spending money to reduce demand for their products. That would be self-defeating.

motodan703

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Currently owners can now get liability insurance through Progressive Insurance. By June 20th, Progressive will have a comprehensive package (collision + liability) available for owners.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Currently owners can now get liability insurance through Progressive Insurance. By June 20th, Progressive will have a comprehensive package (collision + liability) available for owners.
Yes I have the liability and look forward to when the comprehensive comes available.

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I picked up liability with FLO. (Progressive) but collision is being held pending an experience rating.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am in the insurance business. I have a motorcycle policy on a dirt bike with progressive. They were willing to write liability only until 06/20 when they were going to make a decision on how to price comprehensive and collision. I ended up adding to my auto policy with Auto-Owners as an additional vehicle.

INSURANCE IS REGULATED STATE TO STATE AND IT WILL VARY. MAKE SURE YOU ASK AND ARE CLEAR ON ROAD USE AND COVERAGE.

Pchyatt

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those of you who have taken delivery. Are you going through local brokers for insurance? Have tried a couple of bigger companies and they have said they are not insuring the ROXOR.
We looked at the big ones as well with no luck we found that are local Allstate agent was very happy to meet are full coverage needs on are new roxer

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am in the insurance business in SC. I have mine insured on our personal auto policy with Auto-Ownwers. Progressive will insure them but depending on the state you reside in they may not be covered for road use. Make sure you communicate your intended use to your agent..

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am in the insurance business in SC. I have mine insured on our personal auto policy with Auto-Ownwers. Progressive will insure them but depending on the state you reside in they may not be covered for road use. Make sure you communicate your intended use to your agent..
Do you have a list of states? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No. I suggest you contact a local agent or call the toll free number. But make sure they know what state you are in and how you will be using it....ie....on road..off road....licensed...all the above.

danafortin

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those of you who have taken delivery. Are you going through local brokers for insurance? Have tried a couple of bigger companies and they have said they are not insuring the ROXOR.

American Modern insurance co

Last edited by a moderator:

rhyan

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was finally able to get full coverage through Progressive. They had it under Roxor as the manufacturer, instead of Mahindra. So, I had to do Roxor and then Roxor LE as the model.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey good info! Geico said no, but Progressive did it for $274 a year. You can go a bit cheaper if you want less coverage. Did it all online.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey good info! Geico said no, but Progressive did it for $274 a year. You can go a bit cheaper if you want less coverage. Did it all online.

That was insurance with road use intended?