ooooooooooo

2022 Roxor All Weather A/C power

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys,

I pulled the old roxor out of storage to start getting her ready for summer. Since it was a warm day and I needed to make a dump run to the Landfill, I decided to test the air conditioner... She never cools down and the compressor clutch does not engage. The heater works great and the fan is functional at all three speeds.

I understand that the Roxor's have a tendency to lose refrigerant over the winter but in order to get the correct reading with my manifold Guage set I need to get the clutch to engage. Does anybody know where the fuse or relay is located. I have not seen it referenced in the electrical diagram or listed on the fuse box cover

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys,

I pulled the old roxor out of storage to start getting her ready for summer. Since it was a warm day and I needed to make a dump run to the Landfill, I decided to test the air conditioner... She never cools down and the compressor clutch does not engage. The heater works great and the fan is functional at all three speeds.

I understand that the Roxor's have a tendency to lose refrigerant over the winter but in order to get the correct reading with my manifold Guage set I need to get the clutch to engage. Does anybody know where the fuse or relay is located. I have not seen it referenced in the electrical diagram or listed on the fuse box cover
Even without the compressor running you should show some pressure on the guage/guages.

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agreed... But, both of the needles on the gauge set barely move. So I must have a leak somewhere in the system. My first thought is that the pressure switch on the dryer is keeping the clutch from engaging. If I could find the power relay maybe I could jump it with a paper clip and get some R-134a into the system. Maybe I should try to put the vacuum pump on it and see if I can pressurize the system.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just get a couple of cans of R-134 and a can valve to so you can attach to your R-134 gauge set and shoot the cans in. You will then have enough pressure to close the low pressure switch and get the compressor clutch to engage. She will likely cool fine with just the two cans and you can add a bit more if the pressure is still a bit low. If I did not have a gauge set, I would still get a can/hose assembly from Walmart or auto parts store and shoot two cans in, as the pressure must be quite low if the low pressure switch is open. If you are worried about adding too much just do one can first and see what kind of pressures you get. If the system is still low, it will cool well but evaporator will begin to freeze up, and you will need to tap the second can.

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Copy that...

I'm trying to locate my leak and still haven't located it yet. I pressurized the system with hydrogen gas to 100 psi and went to work with a spray bottle of soap and water and still haven't located the culprit. Decay test indicates no leak after 3 hours, my low side Guage is still at 100 psi... Under pressure the compressor clutch does engage so that's a plus. I'll work on it some more this weekend. Thanks for the input!

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A few years ago I had a small freon leak in one of my cars that I could not locate. It would require a can of freon every summer. I finally injected some fluorescent dye in the system with the freon and after driving it a couple of days, easily spotted the leak with a black light. Turned out to be a pair of O-rings in a duplex bulkhead fitting. The O-rings simply got hard and flat. Replaced the O-rings, pulled a vacuum, and recharged the system and have not had anymore issues.

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just ordered some uv die from Amazon cuz I think your on the right track. 👍

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did u ever figure out what fuse is for ac..mine is not working either..worked great 4 days ago
No, I have not figured out this damned electrical stuff. But at least she fired up with some pressure (partial charge) in her. But I'd still like to know where to look if she ever dumps a clutch.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look at old 2018 electrical schematic which is posted on this forum. It will be helpful and close but not entirely accurate for 2023 and up. Look at operators manual or pull covers off of fuse box(s) for specific fuse and relay id.

bulldog89801

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Look at old 2018 electrical schematic which is posted on this forum. It will be helpful and close but not entirely accurate for 2023 and up. Look at operators manual or pull covers off of fuse box(s) for specific fuse and relay id.
According to Mahindra, the 2018 electrical schematic is based upon the base model that did not have air conditioning. They told me to refer to the installation instructions for the VINTAGE HVAC Assembly.

LOL... They weren't much help either. I'll recharge the system (hopefully) this next weekend. Still wait on supplies from Amazon!

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There are a few relays and fuses next to the battery. I saw some installation instructions on line. The older models also have a fuse block under the dash, the ip fuse block. I have no idea where that fuse would be. Can't even find it on the 2023. I would bet it is one of those two places the instructions mentioned.

jjones

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No, I have not figured out this damned electrical stuff. But at least she fired up with some pressure (partial charge) in her. But I'd still like to know where to look if she ever dumps a clutch.
Thank you