Roxor Owner
Hmm. Interesting.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I did the on line Progressive B.S. just now and the only insurance I can acquire is for OFF ROAD USE. I selected the on road use icon and it spit back a "we can not insure this vehicle for on road use". I am NOT going to insure it for off road only and pay the price if I have a crash. WE ALL KNOW what a LAWYER would do with THAT!

So If somebody out the has an agent working with them, please email their info to me. Thanks.

P.S. Any one here on this forum that has acquired insurance for STREET USE, please email me that info so I can get mine started. My allstate agent is trying as well but its not looking good.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I just went back and did it as a motorcycle again but this time I selected primarily off road use. It went through. It won't let me add comp or any of that. Sketchie for me. My luck I would pound someone and be sued and chewed..........

BDRAG

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just went back and did it as a motorcycle again but this time I selected primarily off road use. It went through. It won't let me add comp or any of that. Sketchie for me. My luck I would pound someone and be sued and chewed..........

BDRAG
My policy does include comprehensive. My title says street legal and yes the policy does say “off-road use” that’s it. This looks like a gray area only determined if stopped by police. Since I intend to use the Rox most of the time on trails and county roads , I think I comply with the law , as we,know it. For the,most part it’s reasonable that some travel on streets and local roads is required to access off road travel. I see this everyday as we have many trails and they all cross a state highway several times as you travel the locals.

Zephyr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I told my state farm agent (that I only use for a lease vehicle) that they wouldnt write a policy and she called me back and said they would. I put mine under my farm ranch policy (different insurance co) as I don't plan on trying to drive mine on street. Progressive would only insure liability...not full coverage. My dos centavos hombres!

Zephyr

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I told my state farm agent (that I only use for a lease vehicle) that they wouldnt write a policy and she called me back and said they would. I put mine under my farm ranch policy (different insurance co) as I don't plan on trying to drive mine on street. Progressive would only insure liability...not full coverage. My dos centavos hombres!

Zephyr
I guess Progressive varies depending where you live ? As , I have full coverage cost is 154.00 per year. O’ yes even thou my title says street legal, the insurance slip required to be carried in vehicle at all times does,not say anything ether way.

dvette427

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am in the insurance business in SC. I have mine insured on our personal auto policy with Auto-Ownwers. Progressive will insure them but depending on the state you reside in they may not be covered for road use. Make sure you communicate your intended use to your agent..
I'm
I am in the insurance business. I have a motorcycle policy on a dirt bike with progressive. They were willing to write liability only until 06/20 when they were going to make a decision on how to price comprehensive and collision. I ended up adding to my auto policy with Auto-Owners as an additional vehicle.

INSURANCE IS REGULATED STATE TO STATE AND IT WILL VARY. MAKE SURE YOU ASK AND ARE CLEAR ON ROAD USE AND COVERAGE.
Do you have yours tagged and registered for the highway in SC? I have recently moved to SC and want one but I want to make sure I can tag and insure for the road here. I was thinking of trying to get a kit car title after I install a windshield and signal lights etc.

Paul Heaps

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Anyone in PA have any luck getting on road liability? Progressive and farmers are not coming through.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Progressive $250 full coverage.

mdsroxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those of you who have taken delivery. Are you going through local brokers for insurance? Have tried a couple of bigger companies and they have said they are not insuring the Roxor.
American National Insurance said no, underwriter, after initially saying YES. Cancelling my street legal coverage and sent me a check back for $220. What the "......". Someone's got to fix this mess. Just as safe as a motorcycle.
mdsRoxor- Rapid City, SD

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
American National Insurance said no, underwriter, after initially saying YES. Cancelling my street legal coverage and sent me a check back for $220. What the "......". Someone's got to fix this mess. Just as safe as a motorcycle.
mdsRoxor- Rapid City, SD
Formost will insure a Roxor in minnesota for road use

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve got mine Street registered and insured full coverage for street use State Farm Tennessee

alagree1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ooo647
Those of you who have taken delivery. Are you going through local brokers for insurance? Have tried a couple of bigger companies and they have said they are not insuring the Roxor.
I had a lot of trouble with insurance for the Roxor especially for on road driving. My Auto owners wanted almost $800.00 for a year, which was unacceptable. My agent here is St George got me on with a company called American Modern(AMIG.com). It was $192.00 per year full coverage on the Roxor both on and off road. That was a lifesaver for me.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That was insurance with road use intended?

Have broadform insurance that covers any licensed vehicle including cars trucks bikes and the roxor.
I'm sure any technicality like driving on the freeway accident the lawsuit would begin.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
See my earlier post above. Pretty much says it all.