ooooooooooo

Hard cab

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Years ago I had a CJ7 and drove across Wyoming in a winter blizzard. The Highway Patrol closed the highway behind me so I didn't have much choice but to press on.

Heater and defrost on high and insulated coveralls and snowboots on and I was still cold. Everything but my right foot (directly in path of the heather vent) was cold.

In retrospect it wasn't one of my brighter moves. Had I gone off the roadway or had some type of mechanical problem I would have been f**ked with a capital F.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have a similar story involving an XJ, Iowa and a crated Quad4 engine lol

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Could a cj or other Jeep full cab be used (or modified for use) with the appropriate Jeep windshield?
I remember seeing a guy on here, put a CJ or YJ hard top on a Roxor. he said you had to stretch the top a little, whatever that meant.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I remember seeing a guy on here, put a CJ or YJ hard top on a Roxor. he said you had to stretch the top a little, whatever that meant.

They are way off. The Roxor tub is MUCH closer to LJ length. It would take extensive modification to use a CJ7 or YJ top, not to mention removing the ROPS entirely or modifying it significantly..

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They are way off. The Roxor tub is MUCH closer to LJ length. It would take extensive modification to use a CJ7 or YJ top, not to mention removing the ROPS entirely or modifying it significantly..
I can only repeat what I heard.... I do not know one way or another friend, What I do know, there's NO WAY I'm spending 5-6K on a top...... May try to build one like they guy from Stanhhope, IA has at some point. But to be honest, I stay on the road way to much..... When I am at home, I'd rather load my two boys up and spend the time I have riding around in my YEEP with them.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can only repeat what I heard.... I do not know one way or another friend, What I do know, there's NO WAY I'm spending 5-6K on a top...... May try to build one like they guy from Stanhhope, IA has at some point. But to be honest, I stay on the road way to much..... When I am at home, I'd rather load my two boys up and spend the time I have riding around in my YEEP with them.

No worries, I just wanted to pass on the info. I measured up the Roxor early for this stuff, and don't want anybody thinking they can easily go get a cheapy CJ7 or YJ top and modify it. It might be able to be done, but if you have that kinda skill, might as well make one fresh and not waste the $.

The width is dead on. The length and height are a really big amount of work to overcome. Also.. doors..

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recently put on a DFK HardCab enclosure. It is the half cab version that I ordered from dirt legal. I was on the fence about purchasing since it is expensive at $3,950, but I am very glad I got it. It is a very well made solid kit. The doors are great and windshield is a cool design. I would highly recommend it for someone looking for an enclosure. I liked the fact you can very easily remove doors and back glass in summer.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How much additional height is added by the HardCab? I'm strongly leaning toward buying one but I don't have much clearance right now with just the ROP. Thx

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How much additional height is added by the HardCab? I'm strongly leaning toward buying one but I don't have much clearance right now with just the ROP. Thx
Not very much. It sits on and fastens to the roll bar.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have this setup is there any solution to stop water from coming in?
I had that trouble around the outside bottom corners of the windshield. I do tip my windshield out, so I put some clear silicone along the gasket. no leaks now.

MIRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has there been any updates to the possibility of a decent hard top available for the Roxor? Anyone fabricated one or modified a CJ or YJ top successfully that could share their experience? There has to be something better than the Hard Cabs option!

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has there been any updates to the possibility of a decent hard top available for the Roxor? Anyone fabricated one or modified a CJ or YJ top successfully that could share their experience? There has to be something better than the Hard Cabs option!

526BD398-AA9D-4850-A98E-0D055F44F8DF.png 8C5FF338-5ABD-485E-9E6F-133CD79C1F52.png

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Saw a cj7 top and a cj8 scrambler half cab on the web. I’m currently working on a cj8 scrambler full size hard top. All the jeep hardtop conversions require some bodywork to install. But in my opinion they look better than the thin poor quality aftermarket stuff out there.

MIRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Your work looks great! And yes, sooooo much better than the after market options! Is all of the body work on the top itself? No bodywork on the Roxor? Also, are you using the same cj7 doors, or are those half doors with an upper and window fabricated? Would you consider doing on and selling it?