ooooooooooo

Hard cab

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

This Thar just looks "correct" in every way. Really balanced setup. Only thing I'd change is a front level and a rear hitch. The color is even awesome. The first company to make this mated to the larger windshields of the Roxors will get to have their way with my wallet.

WHibbs!

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Alright guys, I don get political so I have never been part of a petition, however I wanted to start a petition for a hard cab enclosure with doors. I love my roxor like crazy but it needs that option. I think if enough people voiced their desire for one we might see it sooner than later. I know from insider info that the big wigs at roxor lurk on this forum like crazy so here it goes. I'm sure one is already waiting to be manufactured if not waiting to ship so when can we have it, lol. Anybody that would jump right on an avalible hard enclosure with doors please feel free to chime in. Also 3rd party people looking to enter the roxor market by all means please concider this. I know the hard cab is coming I just don't want to wait 5 years for it and buy something inferior in the meantime, and I don't want to be dissapointed like when the ox locker was introduced at 2X the price of an ox for any other rig. Let's keep it real and in line with what other cj5/cj7 tops run.
I really really want a removable hard cab with hard doors. I wore out the zippers on my soft cab in two months. They are crap!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd like a hard half cab with hard doors and a full normal soft top and soft doors. Extra storage required, but meh, best of both worlds.

B

Bister

I put a tiny bit of WD40 on my zippers every now and again, makes a world of difference. I tried a bunch of other stuff mentioned, but WD40 last the longest and works the best for me. As soon ass they start sticking a bit, I put a few drops on and good to go again. Saves pulling like crazy on them and rick damaging them.

Jgeib

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I spoke with OTR a couple weeks ago, he is working on a full half cab metal encloser. He wasn’t happy with a couple of pieces. He wants to make sure it’s 100% before they starts selling any of it. It has it mocked up in his. Great guys.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
More important is doors , half doors would be best with provisions for upper side curtains. Glass uppers is overkill.

rifleman1981

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I own a fab shop and I’m pretty sure that I can adapt a set of full Jeep doors with a roll down window and a cj fold down windshield on this, then I am going to build either an aluminum or a light gauge steel slanted back cab to match. It’s ridiculous as capable as these little things are that nobody is building a nice cab that looks good yet. I’ll post pictures as I get started.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I own a fab shop and I’m pretty sure that I can adapt a set of full Jeep doors with a roll down window and a cj fold down windshield on this, then I am going to build either an aluminum or a light gauge steel slanted back cab to match. It’s ridiculous as capable as these little things are that nobody is building a nice cab that looks good yet. I’ll post pictures as I get started.

Heck yeah, man! Keep us in the loop!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Two ridiculous things as of Nov19:

1) Roxor has no soft full enclosure compatible with their extended (squared-off) ROPS based accessories
2) No 3rd party has come in to fill the void left by #1. Even a full hard top would work. Look at the Meyers hard tops of the 50s. Shamelessly copy it, and be first to market with a real product.

My gut said OTR was gonna be the guys on #2, but here we are a year later, and no product, so something is in the way - and my bet is not a lack of talent.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the OEM soft top. I got it understanding it would be a temporary cover while I waited for a hard top to come along.

The soft top is okay, but the zip doors are garbage. I have already had them warranty'd one time already. They are not built for longevity. I would be totally content with removable hard doors on my soft top but have yet to see those either.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Having owned Jeeps for decades, and living where we have 4 actual seasons, I hate the zipper door idea from the second I saw that OEM top. That being said, if Roxor made one compatible with the extended ROPS, they'd have my $ tomorrow.

The OEM hard half cab option is a bad joke. HardCabs full enclosure solution leaves significant amounts to be desired, as it's more like having a topper on your truck bed, but it is the best option out right now IMO.

If something major happens to my Dodge this winter, HardCabs is getting my money baring a new entry into the market.

B

Bister

Having owned Jeeps for decades, and living where we have 4 actual seasons, I hate the zipper door idea from the second I saw that OEM top. That being said, if Roxor made one compatible with the extended ROPS, they'd have my $ tomorrow.

The OEM hard half cab option is a bad joke. HardCabs full enclosure solution leaves significant amounts to be desired, as it's more like having a topper on your truck bed, but it is the best option out right now IMO.

If something major happens to my Dodge this winter, HardCabs is getting my money baring a new entry into the market.
These pics showed up at SEMA, so who knows what's coming...and hopefully soon or I'm going to have to build another door for my passenger side. lol

These look like they work with the current OEM windshield and hardtop, so if you have something else, they might not work so great or you will need to modify.

4D8D6F4A-631B-4B6F-8FE4-ADB338225D6E.jpeg2BBFC76F-49DC-4E0F-B6B3-985AB944491B.jpegC57C3984-3147-442A-A9AD-EFAB1792DFEB.jpeg162F54D6-0F48-46A6-93C9-CEF6E57BC09F.jpeg257298A9-58A1-4D18-8837-AE7759ED015C.jpegF9C3FFDA-91C4-4C0A-A47D-DA588EF09AF8.jpegFF44D840-F500-4172-B4B2-B562CC3D488D.jpegDC0479F0-9EF4-43DE-8D0E-66ADA0424197.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I like the updated door, but being a half cab, it still doesn't fix the issue with being compatible with the rear ROPS.