Wazzu

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hopeful to see a 4 passenger soft enclosure by mid January

rifleman1981

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is absolutely no reason a set of cj, yj, or tj doors won’t fit with some body modification. I’m looking for a set and as soon as I get ahold of them I can tell you exactly what it will take. As far as a cab goes, would you guys prefer a cj/yj style full cab or a sloped back like a hummer. I fully intend to make a cab that will have a bulkhead divider in it as well that can be made to work as a pickup cab, or have the rear divider romoved and work as a full cab. If you guys wanna throw in some input I’m all ears, but the roll cage and the body are going to need to be modified either way. The best approach I can see is to modify the cage and the body so that they will take tj, yj, and cj factory doors, and windshields. Once the body is modified the possibilities are endless, full doors with roll up windshields, half hard doors with sliding uppers, soft doors etc.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The closest sizing you’d get is an LJ top, and those are $$$

Doors are def quite different than TJ, but I don’t remember the details.

Tokarev

I spoke to the dealership in Sheridan, WY a few weeks back. As we were talking the parts guy mentioned that ROXOR was coming out with a full hard top. That's what he'd heard. No other info just that one is in the works.

Lots of unknowns there. What type of windows will it have? Sliders I assume since those will keep the price down. Aluminum or fiberglass?

What about guys with ROXOR or OTR or similar windshields that clamp to the ROPS? Will the factory top work with these or will it come with its own?

And, as a thread drift, if I worked for MANA and had any influence with the boss(es) I would tell them to start importing something like this immediately. Something to compete head to head with the FCA Gladiator. Price it somewhere in the low to mid $20s to steal some Jeep sales. Teach them what real competition and trade dress is!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
b022de81e2187cb6a9b885097f65fe7f.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I spoke to the dealership in Sheridan, WY a few weeks back. As we were talking the parts guy mentioned that ROXOR was coming out with a full hard top. That's what he'd heard. No other info just that one is in the works.

Let's hope they do sooner before later. That is the only thing stopping my Roxor from pulling DD duty right now. Winter is here. 4 degrees right now. I need a real enclosure.

Tokarev

Let's hope they do sooner before later. That is the only thing stopping my Roxor from pulling DD duty right now. Winter is here. 4 degrees right now. I need a real enclosure.
Get a heated snowmobile suit.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Get a heated snowmobile suit.

I almost drove it Saturday wearing my snowmobiling gear but then is started sleeting, and I chickened out lol

Tokarev

I almost drove it Saturday wearing my snowmobiling gear but then is started sleeting, and I chickened out lol
I'm in a similar, but not nearly as severe, situation.

I've been wanting to use my rig as a daily driver but had held off getting a windshield for fear that the next "big thing" was right around the corner.

Being AZ I can generally drive in the afternoons without issue but the morning temps are a big rough so I finally broke down and ordered a windshield from OTR.

Of course this guarantees a complete factory hard top from MANA.

You're welcome.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Lots of unknowns there. What type of windows will it have? Sliders I assume since those will keep the price down. Aluminum or fiberglass?

What about guys with ROXOR or OTR or similar windshields that clamp to the ROPS? Will the factory top work with these or will it come with its own?

And, as a thread drift, if I worked for MANA and had any influence with the boss(es) I would tell them to start importing something like this immediately. Something to compete head to head with the FCA Gladiator. Price it somewhere in the low to mid $20s to steal some Jeep sales. Teach them what real competition and trade dress is!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

View attachment 5435
Full hard top or full hard cab, lol!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For late fall snow plowing I bought a green canvas tarp from Menards for the rear, and with my big heater install / OTR half doors......it’s workable. Ofcoarce I wear my Canadian Goose expedition parka, it has its own climate zone !

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These pics showed up at SEMA, so who knows what's coming...and hopefully soon or I'm going to have to build another door for my passenger side. lol

These look like they work with the current OEM windshield and hardtop, so if you have something else, they might not work so great or you will need to modify.

View attachment 5340View attachment 5341View attachment 5342View attachment 5343View attachment 5344View attachment 5345View attachment 5346View attachment 5347

Something like this compatible with the soft top would be awesome.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Full hard top or full hard cab, lol!

I took that to mean full enclosure. If it was just another 'top' that covers the rear seat I don't yet have cuz there isnt a full enclosure compatible with them, I'll be quite disappointed..

For late fall snow plowing I bought a green canvas tarp from Menards for the rear, and with my big heater install / OTR half doors......it’s workable. Ofcoarce I wear my Canadian Goose expedition parka, it has its own climate zone !

Yeah, I've just rocked the stocker bikini and warm coat until now.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took that to mean full enclosure. If it was just another 'top' that covers the rear seat I don't yet have cuz there isnt a full enclosure compatible with them, I'll be quite disappointed..

Yeah, I've just rocked the stocker bikini and warm coat until now.
Not all of us are desperate...some are ,! ( yesterday it was 81 in Kerrville,Tx., Wi /Mi. folks are thick down here )

B

Bister

Not all of us are desperate...some are ,! ( yesterday it was 81 in Kerrville,Tx., Wi /Mi. folks are thick down here )
This was the weather report this morning. I think I'll use my truck today. The soft cab even with my new door is still a bit draughty.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 8.07.36 AM.png

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This was the weather report this morning. I think I'll use my truck today. The soft cab even with my new door is still a bit draughty.

View attachment 5438

I have the full soft cab enclosure and OEM heater. I will say the heater is pretty week when it is below freezing and colder. It spits out warm air but a lot flows directly toward the windows and the rest are foot vents. Wish it had a little more power. Then again, insulation is non-existent with the Roxor.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the full soft cab enclosure and OEM heater. I will say the heater is pretty week when it is below freezing and colder. It spits out warm air but a lot flows directly toward the windows and the rest are foot vents. Wish it had a little more power. Then again, insulation is non-existent with the Roxor.

I've owned Jeep type rigs for decades. There is a huge difference in having an enclosure and not, however thin the walls may be. Driving around topless at 50F degrees is cold unless you've got a hoodie on. Driving around topless at -10F.. nah lol

My Willys heater was mostly for moral support. It didn't actually do anything more than make noise so I felt better about things. I'm sure the Roxor stuff is better than that, and the Willys gear was 'good enough' for 60 years so long as you had a full top.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've owned Jeep type rigs for decades. There is a huge difference in having an enclosure and not, however thin the walls may be. Driving around topless at 50F degrees is cold unless you've got a hoodie on. Driving around topless at -10F.. nah lol

My Willys heater was mostly for moral support. It didn't actually do anything more than make noise so I felt better about things. I'm sure the Roxor stuff is better than that, and the Willys gear was 'good enough' for 60 years so long as you had a full top.

You are right, it can be tolerable but it will never be toasty. Fine with me I suppose. Gotta bundle up regardless.

Tokarev

Years ago I had a CJ7 and drove across Wyoming in a winter blizzard. The Highway Patrol closed the highway behind me so I didn't have much choice but to press on.

Heater and defrost on high and insulated coveralls and snowboots on and I was still cold. Everything but my right foot (directly in path of the heather vent) was cold.

In retrospect it wasn't one of my brighter moves. Had I gone off the roadway or had some type of mechanical problem I would have been f**ked with a capital F.