ooooooooooo

Cab Enclosure

tommiesinc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am exploring options for a full cab enclosure. I have pretty much ruled out the soft enclosure because of the endless negative reviews regarding the zippers. I have the Roxor (2) non-extended ROPS. I would upgrade to extended if it provided a better option. The best options and maybe only options I listed below.

HardCabs (DFK)
Polly Cab with framed vinyl doors
Soft Cab with framed vinyl doors - requires upgrading ROPS to extended.

I have never actually seen the polly cab option on a vehicle. Does this even exist yet?

For those that have the above options please give me the pros/cons from your experience.

Last edited:

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am exploring options for a full cab enclosure. I have pretty much ruled out the soft enclosure because of the endless negative reviews regarding the zippers. I have the Roxor (2) non-extended ROPS. I would upgrade to extended if it provided a better option. The best options and maybe only options I listed below.

HardCabs (DFK)
Polly Cab with framed vinyl doors
Soft Cab with framed vinyl doors - requires upgrading ROPS to extended.

I have never actually seen the polly cab option on a vehicle. Does this even exist yet?

For those that have the above options please give me the pros/cons from your experience.

Working with a partner on an affordable steel top.
Looking to have first one done next weekend.
Most of this was modeled after a current existing custom top from another owner. Confident in the design. Will have more info soon.

BEDBB875-1D94-4DEF-B89C-5B67186B525E.png

BEDBB875-1D94-4DEF-B89C-5B67186B525E.png

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Working with a partner on an affordable steel top.
Looking to have first one done next weekend.
Most of this was modeled after a current existing custom top from another owner. Confident in the design. Will have more info soon.

View attachment 7877

View attachment 7877
PineCreek, that looks incredible, very well designed! Great job.(y)

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the DFK hard cab and really like it. It is very well made, I was very surprised by the quality it is better than I expected. It takes a little time to install it but everything lined up very well. It is also very easy to remove the doors/rear and side panels. I have just had roof and windshield on for the summer. The fold out windshield is a cool option. I would definitely recommend it.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought mine from dirt legal. Very good company to work with, I did call and order in person. Shipping was free to a business address so I would ask about that. I did order the windshield wiper and washer which work very well. Hope this helps.

B

Bister

It is listed as hardcabs roxor half cab enclosure on their website.
They have since updated the doors also. They made them a bit larger and moved the latch so it doesn't bust your hip. This also makes a lot larger window, reducing the blind spot by the B pillar. Much nicer doors.

It's a nice cab, but the cost of glass to replace turns me off it. I know I would break a glass windshield. I broke my glass one in y old Rhino twice, and being in Canada and only being able to get the glass from Hardcabs, with shipping insurance etc, would cost me over $1000 to replace, each time. Heard they are also coming out with a Lexan windshield for it, so then you get scratches. I'm waiting for Roxor to release the composite cab in pieces, since I already have a roof and glass windshield (that I can get cut at any glass shop), maybe not the best cab, but it will work for me and it ships free to my dealer.

5FED4D6F-ACAE-470A-B115-B0F002C96D19.jpeg47A8087A-2E83-40ED-AE0B-CDFCB6F27FAB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is a very nice looking Top you've got going on. Would be curious on the Price of it. No I haven't finished mine, I had ordered a soft enclosure from Dirt Legal and then got on here only to find everyone was slamming the zippers that comes with them! Needless to say I cancelled that order the very next day and am gonna try to make something out of different companies parts so here is whats on order for me. Lo Pro Steel top and a Rear Cab Bulkhead from Diesel Freak, Aluminum Premium Doors from Dirt Legal. Once I get these parts installed I'm gonna try and Fabricate the upper half of the Doors myself and make them removable. For Summer time wheelin I'll remove the Rear Cab Bulkhead and the Upper Doors but leave the Roof and Lower Doors on. At least thats my plan for right now but depending on how this Election goes I might be done spending money for awhile!

whiteroxorssr

Has anyone tried ABS half doors from 3 Star Industries? I am looking at their doors, soft uppers and soft rear bulkhead to go with my Fortress Hard top and windshield.

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just got my Roxor back from the dealer today after they installed the Hard Cab and wiper system. I drove it for about 30 minutes this afternoon. The advantages I see are:
1) Much quieter when the windows are up
2) No diesel odor with the windows up
3) At 40 degrees with the sun out, the cab stays warm enough I don't need to run the heater

It's not completely noise free like an automobile would be, but it's pretty darn good. It's also not without a bit of air coming in from the outside, but again it's pretty good.

The mirrors are okay, not fabulous, but certainly adequate. There does not appear to be a good way to install an interior cab rear view mirror without doing some monkey motion (my machine is otherwise street legal here in Utah). On the whole, I am very pleased with it so far.

IMG_1967.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg