ooooooooooo

Best Top full enclosure

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok so I spent $1500.00 on this enclosure and the zipper malfunctioned on drivers side. I am very careful with it and it never gets dirty. I always am careful as to not drag feet on the bottom part stepping into vehicle. Zipper fails within 3 months. Dealership warrants and I receive another one. Great!!!!!! The passenger side hardly ever gets used, and went to take a drive with wife and zipper fails while I am zipping it up for her as I always do. So since it was raining, we didn't have our ride. I want a hard top that looks like the bikini top. With doors. The soft top with zippers sucks. I also want the back hatch to lift up. I am not liking the squared or cut back hard enclosures. I only wish this was manufactured, for I am interested.

B

Bister

Sorry to hear you have joined the "Failed Zipper Club", there are lots of us. They replaced mine twice and I gave up and did this for $16 till something better comes along. I'm surprised they are still selling that soft cab.

That is the failed door attatched on the inside to make my windows.

Half sheet of 3/8th OSB, 2 $4.00 hardware hinges drilled to match and some 99 cent pipe insulation and a can of spray paint. Remember, this is just temporary.

68294E51-9270-4350-A856-E5FEB6887C91.jpegFF44D840-F500-4172-B4B2-B562CC3D488D.jpegDC0479F0-9EF4-43DE-8D0E-66ADA0424197.jpeg

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Bister, now that' great idea! I am so tired of the zipper bull. I have yet to figure out why they won't manufacture one for this reason. I appreciate your input. Keep on a rollin bro!

B

Bister

Hey Bister, now that' great idea! I am so tired of the zipper bull. I have yet to figure out why they won't manufacture one for this reason. I appreciate your input. Keep on a rollin bro!
I think a better cab is on the way, it keeps showing up in pictures on Instagram from SEMA and the concrete show. I’m just surprised they haven’t stopped selling this one with the zipper problems. It’s not making owners happy when they fail, no matter how many times they replace them free.

I put 3 “wood turn latches” on that grab the ROPs. They keep it snug. If you plan on something like this, I can get more pics. I left the piece that the door zips into on the Roxor.

611319C3-4D28-41EE-BFD8-DC8DA4368234.jpeg

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am working on a wooden door for my roxor, I just haven't had enough time to finish it up but I absolutely hate the zipper doors. My driver side "door" has been tough and tight from day one, I have tried re-positioning the top and and other parts but it just does not seem big enough and it is either tight on the top or the bottom (can't win). I am currently riding without my door and don't want to bother with the warranty claim because why replace it if it is just going to be the same junk.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey friend, thanks for the update. I did the same, too tight here, too loose there. I still haven't understood why they put plastic zippers on tough material. Great soft top, lousy zippers. Keep me informed on the door issue.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sherwood Tractor has got the new full soft top on their site!!
And Roxor has install instructions on their site!
Looks real good with full door surround and full wire frame doors with lockable latches. Just need family rollbar to make it work.

Kinda surprised no one has purchased or reviewed here. Sherwood has limited stock but they are available

B

Bister

I am working on a wooden door for my roxor, I just haven't had enough time to finish it up but I absolutely hate the zipper doors. My driver side "door" has been tough and tight from day one, I have tried re-positioning the top and and other parts but it just does not seem big enough and it is either tight on the top or the bottom (can't win). I am currently riding without my door and don't want to bother with the warranty claim because why replace it if it is just going to be the same junk.

I agree that soft cab door set up is crap and I tried everything you mentioned. They replaced mine twice, I never even put the last one on. I can't believe they are still actually selling it with the doors failing on everyone and they just keep replacing them. If something new doesn't come out that is reasonably priced, I'm just going to build one for the passenger side also and use it till it falls off.

This is my latch system. I have one at the top and bottom and one on the front edge. They have a 2x4 mounted to the door, then the wood turn thingy, that is the perfect spacing to grab the ROP's. I usually just do up the top one till I get on the open road. it seals up good. I used 3/8th OSB so it could flex enough to close up nice, which it does.

Not sure what is up with this site, but every time I edited to correct spelling etc, it adds another set of pictures, sorry. You can see my spelling sucks.

9D7BF678-9F08-420E-85C3-0AC78B9F5FF7.jpeg 8B3CA2FA-7DA4-45C4-AD75-3622F25B29DA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

Sherwood Tractor has got the new full soft top on their site!!
And Roxor has install instructions on their site!
Looks real good with full door surround and full wire frame doors with lockable latches. Just need family rollbar to make it work.

Kinda surprised no one has purchased or reviewed here. Sherwood has limited stock but they are available
I like the cab, but I wonder why they just didn't go with a full plastic door and a sliding window and then make a set of half doors that use the same hinge set up. Someone's not thinking very far ahead. Also I noticed if you take the door off, you loose your mirror. I'm not liking the soft window fold down thing with more zippers, tired of zippers after the soft cab. Zippers and off-road don't mix very good, not even on my jacket. lol

Wlofton

Hello peps... Has anyone thought of doing a windshield and taking say a CJ7 hardtop and cutting it down to fit the roxor tub? If its 4" too long ,take 4" out of the side glasses and move it forward and what ever it is too wide split it and fiberglass it back. As far as me being able to do this No but maybe a good fiberglass person could. Just a thought.

roxinmybox112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i have the soft enclosure also complete garbage flew off while i was towing my machine had to pull over and bunjie it down.
roxor should embarrassed by how pathetic , weak, poorly constructed , poorly designed there soft enclosure is.$1500 is complete robbery if you are looking for enclosure dont waist your time with the horrible "zipper door"you are better off buying a blue tarp and duck tape it will serve a better purpose. i had to add in screws all over along with zip ties to keep the cover from blowing off while driving keep in mind i had the enclosure dealer installed they did a great job with installation the enclosure is just a big piece of sh*t! now im looking for a better doors if you are god forbid in a situation where you have to jump out of the roxor quickly in an emergency and the zipper gets stuck you can not get out in time. the only reason i leave the cover on is because it keeps the interior dry while its parked. i want to rip off the cover take a dump on it and light it on fire out side of roxor head quarters. i tried calling the roxor direct to see if theres any way i can buy a set of soft doors with out spending $2700 or $4000 on the full enclosure but they are incompetent had no clue what i was even asking for they are just as useless as the cover system i wasted $1500 on. so for every roxor owner on here i feel your frustration and we are all in the same boat.

Stevelle

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just ordered the soft enclosure for the 2 passager ugh.......should have read this review.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I too have the same enclosure and have had to replace zipper doors. Best Top is the manufacturer of mine from 2018. I heard that there might have been a change for the last door the dealer ordered, said that they hope its the right one due to changes in EVERYTHING! Haven't opened the box yet and by the way, dealer cost is right at $300.00. Will open my box soon. Yes the doors SUCK and all will agree. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.

tommiesinc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I too have the same enclosure and have had to replace zipper doors. Best Top is the manufacturer of mine from 2018. I heard that there might have been a change for the last door the dealer ordered, said that they hope its the right one due to changes in EVERYTHING! Haven't opened the box yet and by the way, dealer cost is right at $300.00. Will open my box soon. Yes the doors SUCK and all will agree. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.
Hows the new one?

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just like the old one and the zippers will FAIL ALSO!!!!! I am in the process of making wooden doors as my friend in Kake,AK has done. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have made pattern and will be purchasing plastiglass from hardware store for windows. Will show pics of finished product hopefully soon. Keep on a rolling and a clattering. And also a big THANKS for the idea!!!!!