ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just thinking... I could see a door jamb that travels up the windshield then across top then widens into a rear jamb that covers vertical roll bar- All one unit- And fitted using roll bar clamps. The outside edges could have an L bend for rigidity that could be trimmed for existing clamps and the jamb stops would be formed in as well.

This would standardize door opening and could be used with a number of existing hardtops. Hardtops that follow the inward curve at the windshield would be difficult to work with? But OEM and some aftermarket, no problem.

Anyway, a full door jamb approach may be the ticket

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glass and rubber works very well on several designs. JD has it mastered. Split doors are a must. When off rd and in the woods , visabilty is needed. Plowing snow too. After 10 years plowing with my JD- glass cab- I bought a F350 boss V plow,dump bed, the works. Lasted less than a month, terrible move,I hated it. ( Was easy to sell,and at a profit too , )

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish- Does the latch need a striker installed on jamb of Roxor?

popsgaspard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, what ever you think is needed on the doors. I want the doors ready to install when I get them. When you are ready for me to pay you just call me and I will pay for them and we will go over all the information you need.

spavco

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish , I have been searching and searching trying to figure out the best route for me, I live in Montana just got a roxor. just need enclosure for winter. I have full windshield and built a back window and have soft top. I don't really like the soft doors but might be the way I have to go. Not seeing too many reviews on the soft doors. If I could buy a set of your doors that would get me halfway and I could leave them on for the summer. Y have a set available? Thanks

B

Bister

Jeepish , I have been searching and searching trying to figure out the best route for me, I live in Montana just got a roxor. just need enclosure for winter. I have full windshield and built a back window and have soft top. I don't really like the soft doors but might be the way I have to go. Not seeing too many reviews on the soft doors. If I could buy a set of your doors that would get me halfway and I could leave them on for the summer. Y have a set available? Thanks
This is in the background of a SEMA picture. Check out that door and it looks like the OEM plastic roof.

676035BC-777B-4024-9793-2415D24529D5.jpeg
B776C53A-EEF3-4FB9-B834-8EEE32E3D0C9.png

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will have a four sets of half doors ready to ship next week. 3 are accounted for already. Shoot me a pm and we can go from there.

B

Bister

Some better pics if the doors. Hopefully some good ones show up if the rest of the pieces. I assume the back can be used by itself as a windjammer and take the doors and sides right off for summer. I’ll go this route when it available. My drivers door zipper failed again. Hopefully they become available soon, it’s -17C here this morning.
1434B711-CB90-4FFB-B3A3-E60E42F5E159.jpeg
747272B7-A167-47B6-AFCD-E28CF96A1219.jpeg
948D645C-A0FF-4ECA-8859-2D10BB13F1F7.jpeg

D2CA36AD-43CC-42B7-ADC4-C6C270FDD89D.jpeg

3633BFE5-6182-43B0-81D3-4C3BB81B1672.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The new soft door looks awesome. Notice the jamb piece! That will solve all the weird fit issues with full doors and I hope the aftermarket is paying attention.

The only criticism I have so far is the hinge selection. Why does it not match the half door??

C6538A86-9A7E-4853-9509-3AA3D6F60789.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All looks good........except zipper ! They all fail. This apears to be a fulldoor , not a half door........! If you could buy parts of this , maybe....... otherwise , I think best bet is OTR if they DO have something soon.....maybe I will build my own upper door , it will be aluminum. If I was not headed south in a month for Texas , I would start r&d now.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The new soft door looks awesome. Notice the jamb piece! That will solve all the weird fit issues with full doors and I hope the aftermarket is paying attention.

The only criticism I have so far is the hinge selection. Why does it not match the half door??
I think the locking net might be a bit overkill.......then if thos OEM half doors like in your pic ( I saw them at dealer ) are suspect,maybe the net is needed !
View attachment 5172

Breevers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mocked up half doors tonight, a little different cut out than most but happy with the results. Went a little too far and made cardboard hinges lol. Now I just need to figure out what I’m doing for door latches and get material ordered.

7DFF825F-3B6C-4E84-89A1-74E1F926F03F.jpeg 79597694-2BE8-456B-9500-DD17FE03D181.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Use
Mocked up half doors tonight, a little different cut out than most but happy with the results. Went a little too far and made cardboard hinges lol. Now I just need to figure out what I’m doing for door latches and get material ordered.

View attachment 5331View attachment 5332
Use the same latches and hinges as OTR does , work well, much better than OEM. Aluminum sheet is great.

popsgaspard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Want to give a shout out to Andrew B / Jeepish, Got my set of doors I purchase from you today took about 15 to 20 minutes to install both of them. Everything lined up perfectly and they look amazing on my black Roxor. 100% satisfied. Anyone looking for a set of half doors Andrew is the person to fix you up. Once again thank Andrew.