Affordable Option to Doors

BoxRox

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just thinking... I could see a door jamb that travels up the windshield then across top then widens into a rear jamb that covers vertical roll bar- All one unit- And fitted using roll bar clamps. The outside edges could have an L bend for rigidity that could be trimmed for existing clamps and the jamb stops would be formed in as well.

This would standardize door opening and could be used with a number of existing hardtops. Hardtops that follow the inward curve at the windshield would be difficult to work with? But OEM and some aftermarket, no problem.

Anyway, a full door jamb approach may be the ticket

Darstar

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glass and rubber works very well on several designs. JD has it mastered. Split doors are a must. When off rd and in the woods , visabilty is needed. Plowing snow too. After 10 years plowing with my JD- glass cab- I bought a F350 boss V plow,dump bed, the works. Lasted less than a month, terrible move,I hated it. ( Was easy to sell,and at a profit too , )

BoxRox

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish- Does the latch need a striker installed on jamb of Roxor?

P

popsgaspard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, what ever you think is needed on the doors. I want the doors ready to install when I get them. When you are ready for me to pay you just call me and I will pay for them and we will go over all the information you need.

S

spavco

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish , I have been searching and searching trying to figure out the best route for me, I live in Montana just got a roxor. just need enclosure for winter. I have full windshield and built a back window and have soft top. I don't really like the soft doors but might be the way I have to go. Not seeing too many reviews on the soft doors. If I could buy a set of your doors that would get me halfway and I could leave them on for the summer. Y have a set available? Thanks

Bister

Bister

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeepish , I have been searching and searching trying to figure out the best route for me, I live in Montana just got a roxor. just need enclosure for winter. I have full windshield and built a back window and have soft top. I don't really like the soft doors but might be the way I have to go. Not seeing too many reviews on the soft doors. If I could buy a set of your doors that would get me halfway and I could leave them on for the summer. Y have a set available? Thanks
This is in the background of a SEMA picture. Check out that door and it looks like the OEM plastic roof.

676035bc-777b-4024-9793-2415d24529d5-jpeg.5164
b776c53a-eef3-4fb9-b834-8eee32e3d0c9-png.5162

Jeepish

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will have a four sets of half doors ready to ship next week. 3 are accounted for already. Shoot me a pm and we can go from there.

Bister

Bister

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Some better pics if the doors. Hopefully some good ones show up if the rest of the pieces. I assume the back can be used by itself as a windjammer and take the doors and sides right off for summer. I’ll go this route when it available. My drivers door zipper failed again. Hopefully they become available soon, it’s -17C here this morning.
1434b711-cb90-4ffb-b3a3-e60e42f5e159-jpeg.5167
747272b7-a167-47b6-afcd-e28cf96a1219-jpeg.5168
948d645c-a0ff-4eca-8859-2d10bb13f1f7-jpeg.5169

d2ca36ad-43cc-42b7-adc4-c6c270fdd89d-jpeg.5170

3633bfe5-6182-43b0-81d3-4c3bb81b1672-png.5171

Last edited:
BoxRox

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The new soft door looks awesome. Notice the jamb piece! That will solve all the weird fit issues with full doors and I hope the aftermarket is paying attention.

The only criticism I have so far is the hinge selection. Why does it not match the half door??

c6538a86-9a7e-4853-9509-3aa3d6f60789-jpeg.5172

Darstar

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All looks good........except zipper ! They all fail. This apears to be a fulldoor , not a half door........! If you could buy parts of this , maybe....... otherwise , I think best bet is OTR if they DO have something soon.....maybe I will build my own upper door , it will be aluminum. If I was not headed south in a month for Texas , I would start r&d now.

Darstar

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The new soft door looks awesome. Notice the jamb piece! That will solve all the weird fit issues with full doors and I hope the aftermarket is paying attention.

The only criticism I have so far is the hinge selection. Why does it not match the half door??
I think the locking net might be a bit overkill.......then if thos OEM half doors like in your pic ( I saw them at dealer ) are suspect,maybe the net is needed !
View attachment 5172

Darstar

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hindge match up with the OTR aluminum doors is as good as it gets !