ooooooooooo

Additional fuel tank

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been looking at fuel options for long distance hunt trips in the norther bush, and I can't seem to find a good way to put on jerry cans. it seems very clunky and Rotopax carry almost no fuel and cost big money. So I am looking adding an auxiliary tank that is directly run into the fill line at the tank.

My question, what is the diameter of the the fuel line that runs from the fill port to the tank? Thanks

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I should have a jerry can solution here in a week or two. I can post some pics when done.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Strong Made tire carrier + Smitty Built Jeep jerry can mount and rack = works

97299BC0-A3E6-4784-8794-FBC4DB035C07.jpeg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I have been looking at fuel options for long distance hunt trips in the norther bush, and I can't seem to find a good way to put on jerry cans. it seems very clunky and Rotopax carry almost no fuel and cost big money. So I am looking adding an auxiliary tank that is directly run into the fill line at the tank.

My question, what is the diameter of the the fuel line that runs from the fill port to the tank? Thanks

Man, you can get an easy 300 miles from a tank. I was in Colorado mountains in low range most of the time and in 2nd and 3 gear, I was getting 34-36 plus. How far out you hunting? Siberia?

On a real answer, Look up accessories for the MM540 and MM550 over seas. Somebody tells me if they are on Amazon of India you can buy and ship easy. Not sure, just herd that. Lots of shops there with jerry can stuff. Just convert the ruples to cash money.....

BDRAG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With a Jerry can that is ~450 miles. With a couple more, that is ~750 miles.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
lol fellas, I'm just trying to get the right set up so that I can spend 2-3 weeks in the bush and not have to come in for resupply.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Obviously there is booze in that tanker. Not sure what you're gonna do about food and fuel, but you're set on step 1 with that thing.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
lol fellas, I'm just trying to get the right set up so that I can spend 2-3 weeks in the bush and not have to come in for resupply.

I would defiantly take a solar battery charger. Mine sits for 2 or 3 weeks and it just about wont start. :oops:

BDRAG

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would defiantly take a solar battery charger. Mine sits for 2 or 3 weeks and it just about wont start. :oops:

BDRAG
I am planning on building a second battery bank/charger system with a lithium cell battery. It's going to take a while to make it all come together, but it'll get done.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just a follow up, I don’t like to run a full jerry can on my setup linked above. I think it’ll have negative effects long term on the gate hinges. I’ll have to find a different way to mount a jerry can.

tommiesinc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With the strongmade

With the strong made carrier did you have to put some sort of wheel spacer to prevent the tire from riding up against the tailgate like others have had to do with the Mahindra option?

Nope. I actually might rerig this whole setup. It wobbles way too much with a full jerry on it

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The CJ's came with the option for a larger tank. I'm wondering if it will fit in the Roxor.